414-220-9933

223 N Water St ( )

Milwaukee, WI 53202-5707

Neighborhoods: Historic Third Ward

Description: Rustico is a Pizza, Pizzeria, and Pasta restaurant where most Menuism users came for fun with friends, paid between $10 and $25, and tipped more than 18%.
Tags: Pizza, Online Ordering, Reservations, OpenTable, Pizzeria, Good for groups, Takeout, Good For Kids, Pasta, and Italian
  • 6 dishes entered by diners at Rustico

From OpenTable:

Milwaukee Wisconsin’s Premier Pizza and Italian Cuisine Destination! Available For Delivery, Dine-In, Or Carry Out.

Owner? Claim The Menu

Reviews for Rustico

Editorial Review by Gayot »

2.0

Nope

I had been here for brunch and was hoping dinner might impress me more. Nope. A group of us went on a Bloody Mary Tour (yes, you heard me!) and Rustico was one of the stops. I assume that they really tried to wow us so if this was their best effort, I recommend you go somewhere else. Anywhere else.

Pizza

There are two things that are fact for me:
1. You can never have too much cilantro
2. You can never have too much cheese
Well, strike that last one. I’m not sure what kind of pizza this was… I think it was an off-menu item. There was nothing to it except cheese. I was literally peeling off cheese- I’d say about half of it- just to make it edible. What a waste.

Rustico

I’ve been to Rustico before and wanted to try again. This time, while the service was very good, this time I was a bit disappointed by the food. My friend and I shared the Bruschetta and I ordered the Margherita pizza. I was disappointed by the Bruschetta as it was just toast with a marinade of tomatoes and basil in a cup to put on the toast. I could have made it myself. The pizza was good, but nothing to brag about. Good thing for a pleasant server.

Bruschetta

Bruschetta – I was very disappointed by the Bruschetta. It was just pieces of toast with a marinade of tomatoes and basil in a cup to put on the toast. I could have made it myself.

Margherita pizza

Margherita pizza – Pomodoro sauce, fresh mozzarella, basil. This pizza was fresh and right out of the oven. Thin crust, which I like and the sauce had a sweet flavor.

4.0

Rtoc

Our server was excellent, as well as very entertaining. Overall at great time…I plan to return.

3 eggs beneidict sample plate

The food was very good, however be aware they use a lot of salt/msg. That was my only complaint, but now I know to ask for none of that…high blood pressure and all. I will be back!

Add/Show Comments (2)

Bad for Groups during Happy Hour

We scheduled a gathering at Rustico anticipating 6 people. We had 10 people arrive. When we got to 7 people they made us move to the back of the restaraunt. Our server while competent was extremely resistive to serving our group from the Happy Hour menu despite the fact that we were well under the time specified for Happy Hour. Our servers were obtrusive and presumptive. By presumptive they emptied bottles of wine ordered by the group into our glasses without us requesting that service and while we could have easily have passed the bottles as neccessary. This could really result in an overserving lawsuit or someone getting a OWI because they filled their glass while they were in the restroom. But to be honest I have never seen servers pour wine into glasses without even asking the person if they wanted more wine.
The most frustrating part of this was this was on a Tuesday. It wasn’t like they were going to get additional people coming through the door at 7:30 who were looking for a table.
Based upon the service we received I will not be dining there again. More than that I will not be bringing and groups there.
Waitstaff are supposed by helpful and friendly not uppity and overbearing. When the most memorable part of my dining experience is how truly annoyed by the actions of the waitstaff I am not inclined to experience that level of discomfort or recommend that to anyone else.
Please note I dine out weekly and have never experienced this kind of deliberate attempt to empty the wine bottles by pouring for the diners without consulting the diners first.
Unfortunately restaurants who have allowed their staff to become this far out of control and inconsiderate rarely revisit their practices so I doubt that there will be any improvements. Which is unfortunate as the location and building are quite remarkable.
I would also mention that I dined here once before with the Food Walking Tour. We were only there for 30 minutes. So I guess there is no need to rush a group who is there for 30 minutes.
There are far too many good restaurants in the area to bother putting up with the service.

Rustico Pizzeria

Great pizza, impressive menu with pizza, salad, pasta dinners
excellent service and reasonably priced food
I recommend Rustico Pizzeria in the third ward to go to and have some beers and pasta by the Milwaukee River

Pizza

excellent pizza with mozzarella cheese, tomato

People found this by searching for: Rustico Milwaukee, Rustico Third Ward, Www.Rustico Restaurant Milwaukee,Wi., Rustico Dishes, Rustico Milwaukee Menu, Rustico Milwaukee Restaurant, Rustico Restaurant, Rustico Restaurant Milwaukee, and Capicola Pizza.

The Capital Grille