803-279-6888

332 E Martintown Rd ( )

North Augusta, SC 29841-4261

Description: Sabi Japanese Restaurant is a Japanese, Sushi, and Asian restaurant where most Menuism users came for a family meal, paid between $10 and $25, and tipped more than 18%.
Tags: Japanese, Beer Served, North Augusta, CSRA, Augusta, Sushi, Asian, Cafe, and Good For Kids
  • 5 dishes entered by diners at Sabi Japanese Restaurant
  • 1 user wants to eat at Sabi Japanese Restaurant

Overall: 91%    Food: 83%    Service: 83%    Ambiance: 82%
Pros

• "I FOUND CLUMPS OF BLACK HAIR IN MY FOOD!! DONT EAT HERE WHEN I CALLED TO INFORM NOT TO GET FREE FOOD BUT TO INFORM SHE SAID I SHOULD HAVE CHECKED THE BAG..NOT CONSIDERATE AT ALL, I PAID $16 FOR THAT FOOD I HAVE NO REASON TO MAKE THIS UP..DONT EAT THERE."
  • "I found lits of black hair in my food. tgey have been eraising my comments.doht eat here.lits OF HAIR N FOOD. CLUMP OF IT!!"
  • "I use to love going here due to the meals are not cheap I would go when I could spare a little extra money as a treat to myself. I have hada mistake happen with my order ( no rice) and when I called to inform the woman who always work the front desk, she "
  • "I always get the steak and chicken combo with extra fried rice and it is always divine. I love this place. "
  • "It's just amazing, taste just like fujiamhmas :) "
  • "Good sushi, good service"
  • "Fast service. Good food"
  • "fast service, kid friendly, good atmosphere, friendly staff, good food"
Cons
  • "more consideraion for people who spend thier hard earned money"
  • "hair found in food .lots of it"
  • "I've never had a bad visit. No cons from this corner. "
  • "they put onions in their fried rice"
Comments
  • "they nasty dont eat there"
  • "diht eat at sabe"

Reviews for Sabi Japanese Restaurant

3.0

Simple, Too Simple, Bland

The interesting thing about Japanese food is probably its inconsistancy between the restaurants in the CSRA. The restaurants around the area are either wonderful or they are bland and tasteless. I had heard from several others that Sabi was overpriced and I finally took it upon myself and try to rate these rumors to reality. Now that I have eaten there, I can sincerely give them a mediocre review.

The waitress was a very accomidating, helpful, friendly, and knowledgeable. She kept up on our drinks and asked us what kind of additional sauces we liked.

The restaurant, while being a little outdated in the decor department, was quite clean, even in the bathroom.

The only gripe I had was actually with the food, which is a shame since everything else Sabi has going for it runs quite well. Everything that we ordered was completely bland. The onions conquered the pallete, which isn’t a good thing.

I must however set straight the strong rumor going around that it is overpriced. I will disagree with that wholeheartedly, the food was ample for the price, just underflavored.

I have no objections to returning to Sabi, but I will definitely order something else next time in hopes of finding something to bring their 3 stars to 4.

Steak and Shrimp Combination

The only thing I could taste real well was the onions. Its a good thing that they serve a little mint at the end of the meal. I had the terriaki sauce to go with this, it did help a little.

Sabi Japanese Restaurant

Over priced, Rotten Sushi!!!!!!

I do not fancy myself a food critic by no means. However, I have lived and traveled all over the world from Georgia to Texas and Hawaii to Japan. I love good food and believe it can be found anywhere. So today I tried Sabi in North Augusta,SC.

The restaurant itself is nice enough for a Casual lunch or dinner. Today’s order though entailed a few Sushi rolls and a Chop Chop bowl to go.

For to go orders one must pay real attention to the sign on the wall that says to check your order completely before leaving. I noticed it, I read it and foolishly left without taking a look at what I was served inside the tied up bag as the waitress repeated my original order verbatim.

Once I arrived in my car I decided to have a look at the order and have a piece of sushi for the drive. I was astounded the moment I opened the small plastic covered dish. First the smell, Putrid. And then, my eyes locked on to the source. Out of the three rolls I had ordered, Tuna,Salmon and Yellowtail the the latter was completely rotten. It has turned half dark brown and half blood red and oozed a slime from it that was disgusting. The only thing missing from the roll to complete what I was seeing was a maggot to crawl from it. Needless to say the other two rolls that were touching it and in the same container were inedible because of proximity to the last.

Bottom line, Never,Ever,Ever eat sushi from a restaurant that would send that sushi out of the door. I had to throw away my whole order for fear of becoming really sick which has happened before in a cheap little bar in Hawaii.

I have pictures of this rotten mess which will be facebook worthy. Stay away from the Sushi!

Sushi

Rotten-Inedible-Smell and slime on dish

Great Food, Very Friendly Staff

They have great food at a great price, and it’s never too crowded, so NO WAIT!! :-) I love that part! Compared to Myabi’s I would rank them to be better, although they do not provide entertainment as Myabi’s does. The staff there is very friendly, very nice people. My favorite dish is the chicken and shrimp with white sauce!!

Chicken and Shrimp Combination

This is a MUST TRY!!! It was delicious!

February 18, 2010

Sabi Rocks

Great sushi, great hibachi grill, great service, and great prices! What else can you say? This place is a must try!

Sabi Japanese Restaurant is located near the cities of Augusta.
People found this by searching for: Sabi Japanese North Augusta, Sabi Japanese, Sabi Japanese North Augusta Sc, Sabi North Augusta, Japanese Restaurants North Augusta Sc, Sabi North Augusta Sc, and Japanese Restaurant North Augusta Sc.

La Jalisciense