Sakura Japanese Steak House

3630 S Cedar St
Tacoma, WA 98409-5702

Neighborhoods: South Tacoma
Cuisine: Japanese, Steakhouse

Sakura Japanese Steak House is a Japanese and Steakhouse restaurant where most Menuism users came for fun with friends, paid between $25 and $50, and tipped less than 15%.

Overall
Pros
"Great food!!"
"Was sat , then waited for long time. Then when chef came out he didn't do hardly any fancy moves, waitress rushed us, and only 2 people sang happy birthday to my son.has gone down hill since years back, very over rated"
"The free broth before the meal."
Cons
"Needs to be remodeled"
"The food , the company we were with"
"Do not make my food with takeout orders, because some of my food went in those orders. I saw it."
Technicolor_Guy photo

Technicolor_Guy

Tacoma, WA
Sakura Japanese Steak House 1.0

Avoid this abomination!

I went to this restaurant with my wife and another couple and was extremely disappointed in both the quality of the food and the service. Arriving at 8:30 PM, we found the establishment to be in an industrial section of town and were a little surprised to see a security guard in front of the entrance. It seems that this is a high-school favorite. The wait staff and chef were adequate. The real problem was that the staff rushed you through your meal. Midway through the main course, the waitress brought out the dessert. Since it was ice cream, it was melted before we had a chance to enjoy it. We also never received our requested tea until after the meal. The two worst problems with this restaurant was the food and the management. The fried rice was beyond bad. The rice was over cooked and, to my disbelief, greasy! How can you destroy fried rice?! Also, I ordered a steak, which was clearly understood by all those around me. However, the waitress heard “steak and shrimp.” Honest mistake I guess. The problem mushroomed when I tried to resolve the issue after the bill came. All the manager could say (rudely I might add) was “you ate it, you pay.” The problem was, everyone gets shrimp. I got a few more than everyone else without realizing it. I thought the chef was playing a trick on my wife by giving me more than she received. My mistake I guess, but the manager wanted nothing of it. She wanted to argue over a $4 difference on the bill. This was by far the WORST dinning experience that my wife and I have ever had. I would highly recommend that you avoid this establishment at all costs. They have very poor food and an even worse attitude towards their customers.

Steak

The rice was hideous!

Japanese Steakhouse Good For Kids

Sakura Japanese Steak House  Restaurant Reviews

• 10/13/2013 - A diner from Seattle, WA tried it, liked it, and rated it 4 stars. They liked the food, liked the service, and liked the ambiance.
  • 10/19/2013 - A diner from Portland, OR tried it.
  • 07/12/2014 - A diner from Mountain View, CA tried it.
  • 08/18/2014 - A diner tried it, liked it, and rated it 3 stars. They liked the food, liked the service, and didn't like the ambiance.
  • 08/21/2014 - A diner from San Francisco, CA tried it, didn't like it, and rated it 2 stars. They didn't like the food, liked the service, and liked the ambiance.
    Pros: 'The free broth before the meal.'
    Cons: 'Do not make my food with takeout orders, because some of my food went in those orders. I saw it.'
  • 09/07/2014 - A diner from San Francisco, CA tried it, liked it, and rated it 5 stars. They liked the food, liked the service, and liked the ambiance.
  • 09/17/2014 - A diner from San Francisco, CA tried it and liked it. They liked the food, liked the service, and liked the ambiance.
  • 10/20/2014 - A diner from San Francisco, CA tried it, liked it, and rated it 4 stars. They liked the food, liked the service, and didn't like the ambiance.
    Pros: 'Great food!!'
    Cons: 'Needs to be remodeled'
  • 11/01/2014 - A diner tried it, liked it, and rated it 4 stars. They liked the food, liked the service, and liked the ambiance.
  • 12/19/2014 - A diner from San Francisco, CA tried it.
Asado

Steakhouse in Central

Stanley & Seafort's Steak Chop

American in Eastside-Enact

El Gaucho Tacoma

Steakhouse in Newtacoma

The Lobster Shop

Seafood in North End

People found this by searching for: Sakura Restaurant Tacoma, Sakura's Tacoma Menu, Sakura Restaurant Tacoma Menu, Sakura Japanese Steakhouse Tacoma Menu, Sakura Restaurant Tacoma Wa, Sakura Restaurant In Tacoma Wa, and Japanese Steak House Tacoma Wa.