562-865-7278

19008 Pioneer Boulevard ( )

Cerritos, CA 90703

Neighborhoods: ABC

Description: Sam Woo Seafood & BBQ is a Seafood, Chinese, and BBQ restaurant where most Menuism users came for fun with friends, paid between $10 and $25, and tipped less than 15%.
Tags: Seafood, Chinese, BBQ, Good For Kids, Takeout, and Good for groups
  • 3 dishes entered by diners at Sam Woo Seafood & BBQ

Reviews for Sam Woo Seafood & BBQ

4.0

Clean, Tasty and Affordable

When it comes to Chinese food, Sam Woo satisfies me every time. Not only is their restaurant clean, but their food is tasty and reasonably priced. I can’t think of the exact time that they open, but I know that their restaurant is open earlier than other nearby Chinese restaurants. They also have a pretty good selection of lunch specials. As long as you get there before 3:00 PM, you can save a bit of money and leave with your tummy filled. Great, eh?

Service is okay. It’s not bad, but not the best type of service available. There is one particular waiter that’s super friendly though. The other waiters are just so-so. I didn’t really dock them off on service simply because most of the other Chinese restaurants I’ve been to have had so-so service as well.

The restaurant is pretty spacious. They have a tank that’s filled with live seafood. So, if you’re not into the whole eating “fresh” food, then make sure that you avoid ordering anything that says “live” from the menu. (Supposedly, “fresh” seafood tastes better.)

They have restrooms located near the entrance to their restaurant. I must warn you that their toilets tend to have a problem. In other words, low flush power. It takes a few times before things get flushed completely. Just thought I’d let you know…

Sam Woo seems to attract families and their round tables are perfect for large families. They also have rectangular tables for smaller parties/families. Don’t be surprised to see someone’s grandma/grandpa at Sam Woo; I’ve actually seen many elders dine here with their younger relatives.

Although I said that their restaurant is clean, there is one thing negative that I’d like to point out to you. I’ve caught their cook go on a smoking break before. Just thought I’d let you know in case anyone doesn’t like that… But then again, that sort of seems to be the norm at almost every Chinese restaurant. I don’t know about you, but I’ve always been able to observe at least one cook go off on a smoking break.

Sam Woo has their own parking lots. However, it can be pretty hectic to find a parking space if you come during their busy hours (lunch/dinner time).

Mapo Tofu

I love their mapo tofu! It’s spicy and delicious. If you order it as a lunch special, it comes with soup and rice (steamed/fried).

Hankering for Chinese?

There are nicer Sam Woo’s than this place, but the food is soo good here that I just ignore the dilapidated look of the place and most probably their C rating from the Health Dept.

Its pretty authentic Chinese food here. I know this because most all the clientele are FOB-bie – Chinese and Filipino, which is representative of the local community. And what would a Chinese restaurant without the ubiquitous rude and inattentive wait staff? Yah, I feel at home here once I spy those large fish tanks which explains the fishy smell to the place.

But ahhh, my food comes quick and steaming hot. My stomach, taste buds and eyes are soo happy!

I’ve ordered lots of things here, too many to name, and its always good. It always taste like what its supposed to. No fusion experiment gone awry here.

Very convenient off the South Street Exit off of the 91fwy at the corner of Pioneer and South Street. It has its own parking lot which is always full, but there’s usually someone pulling out. Wait is never really long.

Lots of fun and good times with friends here over good food.

Salt and Pepper Fried Shrimp

Salt and Black Pepper Fried Shrimp is my absolute FAVORITE. This is one of the few places that does it PERFECTLY!! Soooo good with a bowl of white rice. My lips are smacking just thinking of it!

June 19, 2008

Ehhh

I like how it's open until 3am, but there are other Chinese restaurants I could go to. The place is nice and really clean, but the food is just decent. It's a little on the expensive side. If you're up late and hungry give it a try.

Sam Woo Seafood & BBQ is located near the cities of Artesia, La Palma, Hawaiian Gardens, Norwalk, and Bellflower.
People found this by searching for: Sam Woo Cerritos Hours, Sam Woo Restaurant Cerritos, Sam Woo Cerritos, Sam Woo Seafood & Bbq, Sam Woo Bbq, Cerritos, Sam Woo Menu Cerritos, Sam Woo Bbq Menu Cerritos, and Sam Woo Cerritos Menu.

5 Guys Burgers and Fries