718-509-6367

41 City Island Ave ( )

Bronx, NY 10464

Neighborhoods: City Island

View Hours
Description: Sammy's Fishbox Restaurant is a Seafood, Catering, and Lunch restaurant where most Menuism users came for a family meal, paid between $25 and $50, and tipped more than 18%.
Tags: Seafood, Good For Kids, Catering, Dinner, Lunch, Good for groups, Takeout, Kid's Menu, Pub Food, and Burgers
  • 90 dishes entered by diners at Sammy's Fishbox Restaurant
  • 2 users love Sammy's Fishbox Restaurant

Overall: 92%    Food: 95%    Service: 89%    Ambiance: 94%
Pros

• "Good food"
  • "Food, service, setting(near the water), drinks...perfect!!!"
  • "Idk"
  • "Kindly service"
  • "Service- food"
  • "The food & drinks"
  • "Fast service"
  • "Good food all the time for the last 30 years never had a bad meal"
Cons
  • "Price"
  • "Waitress was loud and rude, Latina with a very large head and curly hair. "
  • "Seasoning is missing"
  • "Price"
  • "Waiting to have my order taking"
Comments
  • "I asked the waitress if any seasoning was added she was very loud and condescending. She also lack proper etiquette when addressing a customer it should be sir/ma'am not hun. sorry will not be back work too hard for my money."
  • " Onw Free drinks or desserts for a party of 10"
  • "Every thing was good"

From CityGrid:

About Sammy's \n\n41 City Island Avenue, Bronx New York 10464\n \nWhen You visit Sammy's Fish Box on City Island, you can expect impeccable service, unforgettable meals and captivating ambiance. Executive chef and owner Sam Chernin takes pride in showcasing spectacularly flavorful yet unpretentious just out of the water seafood dishes. Try our legendary Feast Platters. The Italian Feast for two features extremely generous portions of Whole live Maine Lobster, Jumbo Succulent Shrimp, Mussels and three kinds of Crab served with our famous garlic or marinara sauce over hot steaming fresh pasta.\n\nYou should also try one of our Surf and Turf selections from New York's largest " Surf & Turf Menu" as well as our hard shell fresh only live Maine lobsters, Jumbo King crab Legs and the largest Snow Crab Legs offered anywhere. Sammy's also features the world best Baby Back Ribs, Prime Black Ang

Reviews for Sammy's Fishbox Restaurant

Top on my list

I was in to Sammy’s Fishbox last week for dinner and had a great meal. We sat in a comfortable booth and ordered up tasty appetizers: Cajun shrimp with two dipping sauces, lobster bisque, and perfectly fried calamari. For an entree we had a filet, cooked to perfection, and a deliciously prepared halibut filet. For dessert we shared a decadent chocolate cake. Sammy does it right and our service was excellent. Fantastic wine list with several wonderful selections that won’t break the bank. Overall, a delicious dinner experience, and we will certainly return again. Fun, upbeat atmosphere.

broiled Seafood Combination

Jumbo Shrimp, Lobster, scallops, fillet of sole baked clams
portion is delicious and was enough for the two of us

Sammy's Fishbox Restaurant

Great views, great seafood, great prices

Sammy’s Fishbox is affordable and delicious… If you’re planning on going on a weekend, expect to wait in a seemingly endless line “That somehow moved quite fast. I’m not saying that to scare you from trying it because I promise you won’t be disappointed! Try the Fried platters of scallops, jumbo shrimp and fries… Oh, and the New England clam chowder is out of this world! It’s the kind of place that is cozy informal, good for either a formal dinner party or a informal family get together. Sammy’s even lets kids eat free. Go there to enjoy the beautiful fireplace and salt water fish tanks throughout and of course Sammy’s wonderful seafood dishes!

@ lb Maine Lobster

They baked the lobster and stuffed it with crabmeat. It was fantastic, the best I ever had. The meat was juicy and tender not tough like other lobster I tries elsewhere.

Add/Show Comments (1)

Outstanding

This place is amazing! I was with a group of friends and stumbled upon Sammy’s on City Island on a Friday night. We were delightfully surprised by the delicious food and cocktails they had. We stayed most of the night and partied away as the restaurant was so warm and cozy. There was a real blazing fireplace close to our table. You have to try this place!!!! If you’re looking for a great time and amazing food, this is the place to be!

Scrimp Scampi stuffed with King Crabmeat

The Shrimp were giant and delicious as well as instead of shredded carbmeat like I have gotten in most restaurants. The crabmeat was real chuck of king crab.

4.0

Um... Yum! Get a whole lotta food and a whole lotta servi...

Um… Yum! Get a whole lotta food and a whole lotta service at this place. Can’t go wrong. Love it here!

August 4, 2014

Great The best Sea Food in Town and Afordable

June 9, 2013

well we had a party of 14 today for my father's family get together and we decided to go to Sammy's , i want to say that the food was out of this world looked and tasted great ..but most of all our waiter Miguel was out of this world he…

April 17, 2013

If you're going to City Island, you do not want to NOT visit Sammys. Good, mountainous plates of seafood. Love this place!

Sammy's Fishbox Restaurant is located near the cities of Westchester, Morris Park, Parkchester, West Farms, and East Tremont.
People found this by searching for: City Island Sammy's, St Simons Restaurants, Sammy's Fish Box City Island, Sammys City Island, Sammy's Fishbox Restaurant, Sammys Fish Box, and Sammy's Fish Box.

Chix Express