Sam's Seafood

Docjedi

Huntington Beach, CA
Sam's Seafood 1.0

Utterly Disappointing!

This is the first time I have written a review for anything online but I was compelled after the horrible experience my husband and I had at the “new and improved” Sam’s. The food was awful, as was our waiter. First I asked our waiter what vegetarian options I had and he quickly said “none!”. I then went through the menu with him and asked specifically about a couple appetizers and salads and he said “oh yeah”. I asked if the salad was dinner size and he said “it’s a pretty good size” so I ordered the Sam’s salad and some mango and brie quesadillas which sounded awesome. Well the salad was tiny, (like 4 forkfulls). The quessadillas were completely flat – if there was any cheese in them I couldnt taste it (my husband suggested they melted it down and spread on only enough to make a thin glue to hold it together). There was no mango to be found. I am guessing the little orange dots of sauce decorating the quessadillas was supposed to represent mango. I felt like i just ate a nicely decorated green tortilla shell. Needless to say I was still hungry at the end of the meal. When the server came by nervously to ask about the salad, I commented that it was smaller than I expected (based on what he told me!) and he said "oh yeah it’s just a side salad! He then asked if I want to order more food and I declined. He quickly walked away without commenting or apologising. My husand got the Salmon, an $18 dollar menu item. It was visually very pretty but he said it was not fresh. He did like his small bed of veggies that the salmon was placed on. It was a very small portion placed on a very large dish and he was not satisfied. The server left us the bill but did not ask how we liked out meal. Neither did the young hostesses who waved at us as we left. We will never eat there again. On the plus side the ambience is nice and it may be a fun place for drinks and enjoying the music they have there most nights. Just come with a full stomach!

Sam's Salad

Tiny

Brie and Mango Quesadillas

There was barely any cheese ( but it was somehow stuck together so I assume that was the “glue”) and zero mangos. There were some orange dots on the plate that I assume were to represent mangos.

Salmon Dinner

Salmon was not fresh. The veggies were ok but there weren’t enough.

Seafood Steak Fountain Valley

From OpenTable:

Please note any reggae sunday reservations will not be available online.

Enjoy fresh seafood, tender steaks, famous burgers, huge salads and over a dozen Pupu's (appetizers) with an Island Inspired Flare and an eye toward value without sacrificing quality. Quite simply put, the food is great!! Don the Beachcomber will take you back to Polynesia in a heavy Tiki themed dining room and banquet rooms complete with waterfalls reminiscent of vintage Hawaii. The bartenders at Don's Dagger Bar will craft some of the most delicious and creative (and original!) of Don's tropical cocktails! Banquet facilities and for 20 to over 200 in a fun and unique tropical setting with plenty of free parking. While the average cost of our steak and seafood offerings with a drink and tip range from $31 to $50 we also offer a selection of entree sized salads, and three burger sandwiches featuring prime beef, broiled chicken, or Kalua pork for $12 to $14 per item.

Owner? Claim The Menu

Sam's Seafood  Restaurant Reviews

• 07/10/2014 - A diner from San Francisco, CA tried it.
  • 09/17/2014 - A diner from Mountain View, CA tried it and didn't like it.
  • 12/22/2014 - A diner from San Francisco, CA tried it, liked it, and rated it 5 stars. They liked the food, liked the service, and liked the ambiance.
  • 05/26/2015 - A diner from San Francisco, CA tried it, liked it, and rated it 4 stars. They liked the food, liked the service, and liked the ambiance.
  • 08/24/2015 - A diner from Fountain Valley, CA tried it.
Sam's Seafood is located near the cities of Huntington and North Coast.
People found this by searching for: Sam's Seafood Seal Beach, Sam's Seafood Sunset Beach Ca, Sam's Restaurant Seal Beach Ca, Sams Seafood Restaurant In Sunset Beach, Sam's Seafood Sunset Beach, Sams Seafood Sunset Beach, Sam's Seafood Huntington Beach, and Sam's Restautant Surfside, Ca.