Sansom Street Oyster House

1516 Sansom St
Philadelphia, PA 19102-2804

Neighborhoods: Center City West
Cuisine: Seafood, Oyster Bar, Raw bar

Sansom Street Oyster House is a Seafood, Oyster Bar, and Raw bar restaurant where most Menuism users came for a romantic date, paid between $25 and $50, and tipped between 15% to 18%.

Overall
milkbar photo

milkbar

Studio City, CA
Sansom Street Oyster House 5.0

my mouth waters just thinking about this place

i am a huge seafood girl. this place is beyond good. the oysters are always fresh. i have never had a bad or sour smelling oyster here. the guys are the oyster bar know how to pick and shuck them clean and simple.

you gotta remember only to get oysters in the months that have an “R” in them… they will be the best then because of the colder climates… but if you need your oyster fix in the warmer months, be sure to choose the oysters that come furthest from the equator, so anywhere north is good.

if you are craving lobster, dont hold yourself back – but remember to only get it steamed not broiled… it will be softer and more rich in my opinon. i have tried their swordfish and the tuna, both arent bad. the lobster bisque is really creamy and the clam chowder is thick. this place is just a great all-around fresh oyster bar/seafood restuarant.

good to know: the have great happy hour specials between 5-7pm which is worth if for great oysters and beer.

i do have to mention that the last time we were here, which was a thursday night… we were stuck with a waitress that was in a rush and didnt care. when she took our order, she didnt ask how we wanted the fish cooked (steamed or broiled) and didnt ask what 2 sides we wanted (which came with the entree). she also didnt bring out bread right away… and when we asked her for some she brought it without butter… so basically we were always asking her for things that she should have brought in the begining (such as bread dishes and extra napkins). other than that, we really havent had a bad experience here.

oxenfree photo

oxenfree

Philadelphia, PA
Sansom Street Oyster House 5.0

An old friend I missed

oysterhousephilly.com

When I was informed that the Oyster House had remodeled and reopened I was skeptical. I love the Samson St Oyster House. I was happy to see two of the staff members shucking oyster. The quality of the food is the same and they still have a happy hour special. The new item on the menu the I love are the oyster shooters. This is an oyster in a shot glass also in the shot glass is a shot. All of the have alcohol except the virgin Mary shot.

I even like how they redid the interior. On the walls are still the old oyster dishes but what has changed is that it looks more modern and a more open floor plan.

The staff was very knowledgeable and pleasant. I sat at the bar and before the bartender would wait on me, now even at the bar they have trained wait staff serving.

I it nice to have my old friend back and see the improvement.

Oxenfree from The Greater Philadelphia Ethnic Dining Meetup

Seafood Oyster Bar Raw bar

Sansom Street Oyster House  Restaurant Reviews

• 06/06/2013 - A diner from Chalfont, PA tried it.
  • 06/15/2013 - A diner from Plymouth Meeting, PA tried it and liked it.
  • 08/03/2013 - A diner from Paoli, PA tried it.
  • 08/06/2013 - A diner from Feasterville Trevose, PA tried it, liked it, and rated it 4 stars. They liked the food, liked the service, and liked the ambiance.
  • 10/28/2014 - A diner from Brooklyn, NY tried it.
  • 03/02/2015 - A diner from San Francisco, CA tried it and liked it.
Morimoto

Friday Saturday Sunday

American in City Center West

Empire Szechuan

Chinese in Somerton

Sansom Street Oyster House is located near the cities of Middle City East, Rittenhouse, Middle City West, William Penn Annex East, and Pennsport.
People found this by searching for: Samson Street Oyster House, Oyster House On Sanson, Samson Oyster House, Sansom Street Oyster House Happy Hour, Sansom Street Oyster House, Samson Oyster House Philadelphia, Sansom Street Oyster House Philadelphia, and Samson St Oyster House.