Savoy Kitchen

138 E Valley Blvd
Alhambra, CA 91801-5130

Neighborhoods: Alhambra
Cuisine: Chinese, Pizza, International

Savoy Kitchen is a Chinese, Pizza, and International restaurant where most Menuism users came for fun with friends, paid less than $10, and tipped between 15% to 18%.

Overall
Pros
"Friendly, quick service"
Cons
"More tables "
Comments
"Get there early"
ThirstyPig photo

ThirstyPig

Savoy Kitchen 5.0

World's Best 海南雞飯 (Hainan Chicken Rice)

I’ve had Hainan Chicken in the US, Taiwan, China, Hong Kong, and Macau. I can tell you honesty, that the Best Hainan Chicken is from this little hole-in-the-wall in Alhambra – Savoy Kitchen. It’s funny, i’ve been to Savoy dozens of times, though I have never ordered anything else. Nothing else matters. I’ve had friends in Taiwan tell me that Savoy’s Hainan Chicken is the best in the world as well. We would order 10 at a time and have a little feast.

Hainan Chicken is a dish that is common in Malay and Singaporing Cuisines. Hainan Chicken is prepared with the chicken boiled in a chicken/pork broth. Another chicken broth is used to prepare the flavorful rice. There is a ginger and spicy sauce accompanied with the meal. Soy sauce is also available.

What makes Savoy a cut above others is the consistency in the rice and the boneless chicken. Most places that I’ve been to, overseas included, the rice is too oily and the chick might be too tough. Savoy’s is just right tender and not too oily. The rice is just right.

I should also note, that the Hainan Chicken in the Hardrock cafe in Hong Kong, Kowloon side is also very good. If I see a Hainan Chicken on a menu. . anywhere. .I might be tempted to order it – just because I know what to expect.

HAINANESE CHICKEN

95% of the customers don’t order anything else.

Savoy Kitchen 5.0

Best Hainan Chicken and Cold Pasta Salad

Best Hainan Chicken and Cold Pasta Salad

Savoy Kitchen 4.0

This is a teeny place that I recently heard a...

This is a teeny place that I recently heard a lot of great reviews about. Especially the hainam chicken. I love this dish normally, especially the chicken rice that usually comes with it. So when some coworkers suggested coming here to eat one night, I jumped on it.

I found out when we got there and were waiting for a table that their shrimp rolls were also very famous and very delicious. So when it came time for me to order, it was a no brainer – hainam chicken with shrimp rolls.

I have to say, for all the rave reviews, the chicken was just OK. I don’t think I’d crave it, and the chicken rice was bland for me. Strange, considering I usually like things on the lighter side. I asked for all dark meat, and they gave me half white half dark. I guess none of it was dry, really, but just lacking in flavor.

The shrimp rolls were amazingly yummy though. That made up for the lackluster hainam chicken. Plus, I tried the beef stew curry that my coworker got, and that was very good. I also tried a bit of the black pepper sauce that they smother the filet steak in. I LOVE black pepper and smother my ketchup with it before I can dip fries, but OMG it was waaaaay too much black pepper for even me to handle. Still, good if you like that sort of thing.

Overall, their selection of dishes is great because there’s a lot of variety. The shrimp rolls were very delicious (albeit piping HOT! be careful when it first comes out) but I was disappointed with their famous chicken dish.

I’d definitely come back to try the other stuff on their menu. And to have some more shrimp rolls.

Chinese Pizza International

Ajwumo6ycr4ie0eje4dzty
john

Seattle, WA

Savoy Kitchen  Restaurant Reviews

• 04/20/2013 - A diner from Ladera Ranch, CA tried it.
  • 04/02/2014 - A diner from San Francisco, CA tried it, liked it, and rated it 5 stars. They liked the food, liked the service, and liked the ambiance.
  • 10/01/2014 - A diner from Mountain View, CA tried it and liked it. They liked the food and liked the service.
  • 10/04/2014 - A diner from San Francisco, CA tried it.
  • 11/06/2014 - A diner from San Francisco, CA tried it, liked it, and rated it 5 stars. They liked the food, liked the service, and liked the ambiance.
    Pros: 'Friendly, quick service'
    Cons: 'More tables '
    Comments: 'Get there early'
  • 12/13/2014 - A diner from San Francisco, CA tried it.
  • 12/25/2014 - A diner from Mountain View, CA tried it.
Savoy Kitchen is located near the cities of San Gabriel, Southwest San Gabriel Valley, South Pasadena, San Marino, and Monterey Park.
People found this by searching for: Savoy Kitchen Alhambra Menu, Savoy Cafe Alhambra, Savoy Restaurant Alhambra Menu, Savoy Alhambra Menu, Savoy Kitchen Alhambra, Savoy Kitchen Menu, and Savoy Restaurant Alhambra.