425-456-0010

205 108th Ave Ne ( )

Bellevue, WA 98004

Neighborhoods: West Bellevue

View Hours
Description: Seastar Restaurant and Raw Bar is a Seafood, Steak, and Lunch restaurant where most Menuism users came for a family meal, paid between $25 and $50, and tipped between 15% to 18%.
Tags: Seafood, OpenTable, Reservations, Steak, Lunch, Dinner, Catering, Good For Kids, Outdoor seating, and Parking
  • 4 dishes entered by diners at Seastar Restaurant and Raw Bar
  • 4 users want to eat at Seastar Restaurant and Raw Bar
  • 1 user loves Seastar Restaurant and Raw Bar
Tips:
  • A complimentary valet supplies an hour of free parking at lunch.

From OpenTable:

Chef John Howie's Award Winning Northwest Cuisine. Seastar Restaurant & Raw Bar was voted "The best new restaurant in Western Washington by the viewers of KING5 Evening Magazine", and named the "Best new wine list in America by FOOD & WINE, July 2003". Chef Howie's menu offers fresh Pacific Northwest seafood, Kobe steaks, corn fed Nebraskan beef, pasta, salad and tantalizing raw bar items such as sushi, ceviche, poke and fresh shucked oysters.

Owner? Claim The Menu

Reviews for Seastar Restaurant and Raw Bar

Editorial Review by Gayot »

4.0

Unique and tasty dishes

I had feared that this would be one of those overpriced restaurants that caters to customers on business expenses who shell out lots of money for mediocre food and a nice atmosphere, but luckily for me, the food was actually very good.

There were several menu items that caught my attention right away, which was a good sign. I went with the Lobster Macaroni and Cheese, because it was a really unique menu item. This dish was CHEESY (and very strong cheeses too), which sadly, overpowered the lobster flavor for me… but I think a true cheese lover would love this dish. I thought I loved cheese… but it was kind of overwhelming for me. Still, I enjoyed the uniqueness of the dish and ate as much cheese as I could take.

My coworker ordered the scallops and said they were done very well.

I also really enjoyed the creme brulee I had for dessert. This is the first place I’ve seen that offered a combination creme brulee — chocolate AND vanilla. It was quite good. The banana spring roll sundae looked amazing, but I was too full to partake… my coworker ordered it though, and he said it was really good.

For the restaurant itself… the hostesses were a little rude, and even though we made a reservation, they sat us about 20 minutes after our reservation time, and pretty much ignored us the whole time we waited in the lobby. The clientele all seemed like loud, obnoxious business people, so the atmosphere wasn’t great… but at least our waitress was very nice.

Overall, even though i was kind of annoyed by all the other people in the restaurant, the food was good, so I can’t complain.

Lobster macaroni and cheese

Great for cheese lovers, but REALLY heavy on the cheese. A good amount of lobster chunks, but they get a little lost in the cheese.

Creme brulee

Great brulee — I recommend getting the vanilla and chocolate mixed brulee, unique and yummy!

Add/Show Comments (1)

3.0

food poison

I only came here a couple times. The 2nd time, and the last time I came gave me food poisoning from the halibut, and also for other party members. I think ambience is nice, service does not match up to the ambience.

Parking is not great….

Creme brulee

Is very sweet, nothing compared to the one from cremant.

Add/Show Comments (4)

4.0

Best crab cake

A little hidden star in Bellevue – this place is posh.
It is slightly targetted towards a higher end market, but the seafood is fresh and yummy.

The halibut entree is excellent. The crab cake is awesome.

Crab cake