• 2.19231 star rating

412-749-0300

409 Beaver Rd ( )

Sewickley, PA 15143-1501

View Hours
Description: Sewickley Cafe is a Breakfast, Pasta, and Mediterranean restaurant where most Menuism users came for fun with friends, paid between $10 and $25, and tipped more than 18%.
Tags: Breakfast, Takeout, Good For Kids, BYOB, Pasta, Mediterranean, Cafe, American, Italian, and Seafood
  • 3 dishes entered by diners at Sewickley Cafe
Tips:
  • The minimalist design of the interior does nothing to prepare you for Sewickley Cafe's succulent, beautifully presented fare.
  • Bleu cheese mashed potatoes, green beans with soy nuts, roasted corn polenta, vanilla sake steamed rice.
  • The Granny Smith apple pie with caramel topping is a fantastic fall treat.

Reviews for Sewickley Cafe

Sewickley Cafe

Not able to feed a village!

We went to the Cafe for a brunch group meeting and there was about 20 people in attendance. Reservations were made and they knew what to expect. Unfortunately they did not staff accordingly.
Our brunch took over 3 hours with only one waitress to our 2 tables and one cook to make all 20 breakfasts plus the normal Saturday morning business they have. We were crammed into 2 tables and they were so close together you had no room to move let alone get out of your seat. Overall the group had numerous problems with the food from over cooked poached eggs on the benedict to hockey puck pancakes and waffles. What a disappointment this establishment was.

Honey toasted pecan belgian waffle

I was so looking forward to this being a light and fluffy waffle full of flavors but to my disappointment is was hard as a rock. It took over an hour to get this order and it was cold and hard. The only part of the waffle which I could eat was the center. I ordered mine with strawberries and cream and I do think there was an extra charge for this which is not listed on the menu.

Improve your staff

Last week I experienced the Sewickley for the first time . I was extremely dissapointed. We started our meal with the tomato dill soup that was…COLD! We asked our waiter if it could be heated but we got a firm no—server’s are apparrently not allowed to use the microwave. The food that followed was a shoe- leather flank steak also cold and not delivered by our waiter who too engaged in conversation with some blonde server to notice that we needed drinks. We attempted to flag another server -this one female- who gave us a very blank what’s a martini stare when we tried to refill our beverages. Dessert would have been great if we could have seen a dessert list. The check came before the offer. I guess 9:30 PM is too late to eat in Sewickley. I would hate to not extend any compliments but the only one that I can come up with is,“great hair Jonny Bravo.” We’re Looking forward to checking out Sweet water Grill.

Flank steak

Yuk!

VERY Disappointing

The service was horrible. We ordered specialty drinks (from the menu) and had to inquire about them ½ through the meal and were told there was no one on site that knew how to make them. We received food that was not prepared as describing on the menu (specific sauces missing- and meat so rare it was cold in the middle); when the wait staff returned food to cook to remedy- the cook loudly and openly complained about us and made the waitress cry. It was clear the wait staff was frustrated and helpless. We were told this thing happens when the owner is not present. Soup was served AFTER the entree; only after we pointed out they never arrived, when our entry was served. The “manager” stopped over to speak to us, excused himself halfway through the conversation to deal with other guest problems and never returned. Nothing was offered to be removed from the bill, including the inedible food or the late soup. We watched several tables leave without ordering as they waited for staff and watched as the cook frustrated the staff. I have eaten here many and often had little issues, but they are easily overlooked and I always think it will be better the next time. This will be my last time at this restaurant.

Unbelievably UN-hospitable

I really wish I could make this a no-star review. I had a Groupon experience almost identical to another reviewer this evening, except the guy actually YELLED at us! We got there around 7 PM and there were four empty tables with no one waiting to be seated. When the guy saw that we had a Groupon, he refused to seat us and said that all the tables would soon be full because everyone was trying to use their Groupons, etc. And then he held up his reservation book to show me how booked up he was (I don’t know why he did this, I certainly didn’t ask him to)…What I saw on the reservation book were several open spots. I figured that I just didn’t know how to read the reservation book, except at the bottom of the page, in all caps, underlined five times, was the phrase “NO MORE GROUPONS!!!!” Again, why he showed me the book is beyond me, and he actually flipped through several more pages to show me they were “all booked” for the rest of the Groupon time…but I spotted more than a few empty spots on the other days, as well. I quietly & politely mentioned that it seemed to me that, in actuality, they had decided to not take any more Groupon folks, seeing as how I noticed blank spots on the book as well as where it said “NO MORE GROUPONS!!!!” That’s when the guy yelled at me that the terms of the Groupon had given me 6 months to use it. True, but I had unexpectedly developed a medical condition which required me to have brain surgery in October and this was only the second time I have been out to dinner since the surgery. Also, it hasn’t been 6 months yet, so I am well within the terms by trying to get the deal redeemed tonight and I certainly did nothing to deserve to be treated like that. I’m calling Groupon tomorrow to get my money back and also to suggest that they vet their Pittsburgh businesses a little more thoroughly — after returning home this evening, I read some reviews about this place and found that many people have been treated poorly there (many of these reviews were done before the Groupon was offered). Personally, I have never in my life experienced such horrible treatment at a restaurant as I did at The Sewickley Cafe!

Sewickley Cafe

Horrible, nightmarish service, and mediocre cold food

My opinion: Horrible service and a mean-spirited glorified waiter-turned-manager named Travis, who was pushy and imperious. Food was barely warm when it finally arrived. I had always heard the place was kept open by a team of owner friends who “lush it up” at the bar. Rumors are apparently true, because the food and service were straight from hell. Try Montecello’s or the Sewickley Hotel instead.

Anniversary Dinner gone wrong

Anniversary Dinner gone wrong

I would like to tell you about the worse treatment I have ever experienced in a restaurant at The Sewickley Café. It was our 27th Wedding Anniversary and we thought we would go to a place we have dined at in the past and usually have had a wonderful experience. We have always brought our out of town guests to share the wonderful dining experience. However, on this night, it wasn’t such a wonderful dining experience. Upon entering the restaurant, we were asked if we had a reservation. We said we didn’t. We looked around the restaurant and saw maybe 6 open tables inside the restaurant. We asked if we could sit outside at which the owner said it was full and he should have a table out side in about 20 minutes. We said we would wait. We had an alcoholic beverage at the bar while waiting. Ten minutes into our wait, the owner commanded that we were going to be transferred to a table inside and Joe would be our waiter. He pointed authoritatively to the table. I asked, “What about the outside table?” The owner responded, “I tried, it is not going to work out tonight.” We went to our appointed table, as commanded. Then we watched and heard as other parties entered and stated they did not have a reservation and they would like to dine outside. They were taken to the outside dining area immediately. We sat there, stunned. Why were we not allowed to partake in the outside dining area? We did have a delicious dinner, and our waiter was very gracious. When we finished our dinner, we asked to speak to the owner for some kind of enlightenment. Expecting a gracious explanation, the owner said, “O.K.” and stepped away from us, as if to say he was done with us. We asked if he even cared about how unwelcome he made us feel, and he responded with, “O.K. , Have a good night.”, and pointed toward the door. He left us standing there with our mouths wide open, stunned at his response. We don’t understand how an owner of a restaurant in this distinctive town could be so rude. We will never dine at this establishment again and we will make sure all of our friends and coworkers know of our rude treatment. With this kind of treatment, this establishment will sure to be closed soon. Upon arriving home, out of curiosity, we googled The Sewickley Café reviews and we astonished to find we were not alone in our sentiments!!!!!!Reader Beware!!!! DO NOT DINE AT THE SEWICLEY CAFÉ

steak salad

terrible owner

terrible owner who is incredibly rude, experienced this a couple of years ago and tried to give them another chance recently and had the same experience. the staff can be rude and not able to handle the simpliest of orders, like a cheese quesadilla for kids. they are especially rude to families and will not do anything to accommodate them. i will never go to this restaurant again and am a local resident who could have been an excellent customer. a $100.00 gift card was also lost by them and not honored. we have had numberous complaints by local friends and i would highly recommend you not go to this establishment.

4.0

Nice Place for Lunch

Been here several times for lunch with friends. We usually get salads which are very good. It’s especially pleasant in the summer
when you sit out back.

March 9, 2012

Diners Beware

This place is not all it seems. The owner is rude to not only his guests if you complain but his employees as well. I witnessed him fire a girl on Christmas eve because of an honest mistake on an order. Also the place if not clean and if…

May 19, 2011

Horrible Service

The servers seemed completely disinterested in us, our orders came out lukewarm. I wish I would have read the reviews here first!

Sewickley Cafe is located near the cities of Carnot, Coraopolis, Edgeworth, Moon Township, and Moon Twp.
People found this by searching for: Sweetwater Grill Sewickley, Sewickley Cafe Brunch, Reviews For Sewickley Cafe, Sewickley Cafe Reviews, Sweetwater Cafe Sewickley, The Sewickley Cafe, and Sewickley Cafe.

Vivo Kitchen
Andora Sewickley

86166ceade2d81f7125bdaa0a33e69e2

Link to Sewickley Cafe

Sewickley Cafe  Restaurant Reviews

Cons
  •  "Owner"