303-770-7300

5085 S Syracuse St ( )

Denver, CO 80237

Neighborhoods: Hampden South

Description: Shanahan's Steakhouse is a Steakhouse, Seafood, and Steak restaurant where most Menuism users came for a romantic date, paid more than $50, and tipped more than 18%.
Tags: Steakhouse, Good for groups, Seafood, Steak, Greenwood Village, Tech Center, Reservations, OpenTable, Fine Dining, and Englewood
  • 4 dishes entered by diners at Shanahan's Steakhouse

From OpenTable:

Shanahan's is the modern interpretation of the classic steakhouse. From the museum appearance of its exterior to the European lighting design of the interior, the space has art features of glass, steel, stone and granite that provide a timeless ambiance. Comfortable booth banquette seating in our Lounge area is not available to book through the website.
Shanahan's is a steak and seafood restaurant serving U.S.D.A prime aged Midwestern beef with a signature "Bone-In" cut selection that is not available at most steakhouses. Our seafood is all flown in fresh daily to ensure the highest quality and exceptional flavors. All fish are responsibly sourced from sustainable fisheries which mirror our commitment to the environment.

Owner? Claim The Menu

Reviews for Shanahan's Steakhouse

• 6 reviews
  • First reviewed by tech

Editorial Review by Gayot »

3.0

Not all it was hyped up to be

My husband and I eat out frequently and enjoy sampling the new up and coming restaurants in the cities we visit. I had high expectations of our dinner at Shanahans the other evening but, sadly, we both came away disappointed. I had the bone-in filet – and while the meat was tender, I found it to be tasteless. There are much better steaks to be had in the Denver area! The side of macaroni and cheese that a friend had was dry, chewy and she sent it back. The creamed corn was good, but not exceptional. The setting is pleasant, though a little loud; our waiter was attentive and professional. The bar is elegant and comfortable, but the margarita I ordered tasted like the Kool-aid from my youth and, as it turned out, the bartender had forgotten to add the tequila. There are just too many other fine restaurants out there to give this place more than one shot. We won’t be back.

bone in filet

Absolutely amazing!

My husband and I are avid diners, and this is absolutely the best dining experience we have had in a long time. With all new steakhouses, there are always going to be kinks that need to be worked out, and I’m sure that the other reviewer happened to dine there on one of their opening nights. But from what I saw, they have worked through whatever was wrong, and perfected it. The service was outstanding, everyone was knowledgeable and attentive. The food came out hot and was out of this world. We did have to wait for about fifteen minutes for our reservation, but they bought us some drinks at the bar while we waited. And it was well worth the wait. I highly recommend visiting the best, and not to mention the most anticipated, new restaurant in Denver.

bone in filet

flavorful and extremely tender

Scallops

Best scallops I have ever tasted, bar none!!

Perfect

Del Friscos set the standard, and Shanahan’s has met that standard. Definitely one of the best steak house restaurants I have been to in Denver for a while. Great atmosphere; and the food and service were both excellent – exactly what you would expect for this type of restaurant. It is expensive, but well worth it.

Steak (8 oz filet)

Butter soft filet. One of the best I have ever had.

2.0

I just don't get it

While the ambience is very enjoyable, the food leaves much to be desired. The whole reason to spend over 400 dollars on 2 people mind you is to enjoy a top notch meal that would be worth remembering. Well….I’d recommend going to another place if you would like to cherish these so called memories. I recommend Texas Roadhouse if you would like a really nice steak, nevermind the ambience…you can’t savor the ambience. Sorry Shanahan’s but I will not be returning. There is much better food I can get with my hard earned money for 1/2 the price too.

Steak (8 oz filet)

Overdone and under seasoned…I can do better on my BBQ grill.

-1 0

Shanahan's Prime Steak and Seafood

Undoubtedly the finest new restaurant in Denver Colorado. Elegant warm and friendly with a supporting staff that is beyond the finest in the West. You will never go wrong when you select Shanahan’s.
The telephone number for reservations in the ad is incorrect so be sure to call 303-770-7300 for reservations.

Salmon

Wonderful

August 5, 2011

Luxurious, Huge Fire Place, Large Energetic Bar

Been to steak restaurants all over the world. Been to Shanahan's once and it was really good. The bar is round so you can see the entire restaurant, and full of upscale energy. Tried to dine here 2-3 times before and it was too packed for…

Shanahan's Steakhouse is located near the cities of Alamo Placita and Glendale.
People found this by searching for: Shanahan's Restaurant Denver Tech Center, Shanahan's Restaurant, Shanahans Steakhouse In Denver, Shanahan's Restaurant Denver, Shanahans Steak House Denver, Shanahan's Steakhouse Denver, and Shanahans Restaurant Denver.

Featured in Denver

La Chine

Chinese in Southeastern Denver

Link to Shanahan's Steakhouse

Shanahan's Steakhouse  Restaurant Reviews

Pros
  •  "Decor, great waiter"
Cons
  •  "All food mediocre at best. Tasteless. Much better filet at Outback. Potatoes pre cooked and reheated, broccoli same, steak grey and tasted more like liver. Papadeaux across the road is always 5* even if it is a chain. "
Comments
  •  "Go to del Friscos"