417-865-5111

1937 N Glenstone Ave ( )

Springfield, MO 65803-4532

Description: Shanghai Inn is a Chinese restaurant where most Menuism users came for a meal on the go and paid less than $10.
Tags: Chinese and Food Poisoning
  • 173 dishes entered by diners at Shanghai Inn

Reviews for Shanghai Inn

• 4 reviews
  • First reviewed by ksm

Delish!

I love this place so much!!
Their cashew chicken is some of the best in town that I’ve had thus far. I even have cravings for Shanghai’s cashew chicken in general!
The eggrolls are almost over-stuffed with pork and other goodness and their crab rangoons are the only ones I’ve had that actually don’t taste sweet which is a big plus for me.

Chicken Cashew

Probably the best in Springfield. :)

High quality chinese food

Very confused by the other reviews. This restaurant is one of the best in Springfield. My whole office eats here at least once a week. The quality of the meat they use if much better than most chinese places, and their eggrolls are homemade. The person who mentioned frozen eggrolls? I think must have ate at the other chinese place a block away, which is much lower quality. Only complaint is that some dishes have a lot of MSG and if you have a sensitivity to it, you should probably order one of their dishes that doesn’t have it, request, they will tell you what does and what does not.

General Tsos Chicken

Very good, pleased as always. I enjoy how they let me decide how hot to make it (medium)and how much sauce I would like. Adding green onions is a good choice if you like them.

Sweet and Sour..???

I think you’re okay if you consume the things they buy and sell quickly- e.g. “cashew chicken” (deep fried chicken in gravy. come on, just go to KFC)- but if you deign to purchase something closer to actual Chinese food when you enter here, be wary. I think the pain of food cost from throwing away expired foods is less than the pain of selling it to anonymous customers to vomit up later. I myself came away with a case of food poisoning, joy.

Sweet and Sour Pork

I chose this dish to avoid the unnecessary breading on dishes most “fowl”, but lo and behold, they are the only place I’ve ever been that breads the pork, or whatever it is they served me. The meat was questionable, and highly suspect as the source of my illness, the sweet and sour sauce tasted like Kikkoman from Wally World, but the steamed rice was fine, despite its lack of quality.

BIG MISTAKE

OMG! Thought I would try Shanghai Inn…haven’t been there for years. Pork fried rice for me and general chicken for my guest. Egg rolls for both. This food, is by far, the MOST DISGUSTING food I have ever ordered. Not edible!!!! Road kill at best. I don’t know what they put in their egg roll…even frozen crappy stuff you buy in the frozen section at the grocery store is better than this unidentifiable stuff. Double YUCK!!!!!!! Expensive too!!!!!!!!!!

Egg Rolls (2)

Road Kill filling. Yuck. Could not eat!!!

Pork or Ham Fried Rice

Fatty meat. Flavor on the scale of 1-10. Rate it a 2. Greasy and had to toss.

General Tsos Chicken

My guest describes this dish as tasting like a “dead boot”. Not sure what this means, but I do know he “Mikey” will eat almost anything. Not this time.

People found this by searching for: Shanghai Inn, Shanghai Inn Springfield Mo Menu, Shanghai Inn Springfield Mo, Shanghi Inn Springfield Mo, Shanghai Inn Springfield, Mo, Shanghai Springfield Mo, Shangi Inn, Shanghai Inn Springfield, and Shanghai Inn Springfield Missouri Menu Prices.

Link to Shanghai Inn

Shanghai Inn  Restaurant Reviews

Overall:  100%  Food:  100%  Service:  100%  Ambiance:  100%
Pros
  •  "foodis consistently made fresh and very tasty high quality food at reasonable prices"
Cons
  •  "it is a small restaurant with limited seating"