Shere-e-Punjab

208 W State St
Media, PA 19063

Cuisine: Indian, Buffet, Cafe

Shere-e-Punjab is a Indian, Buffet, and Cafe restaurant where most Menuism users came for fun with friends, paid between $10 and $25, and tipped more than 18%.

JohnEstheimer photo

JohnEstheimer

Media, PA
Shere-e-Punjab 5.0

Shere-e-Punjab -A Greater Philadelphia Ethnic Dining Opinion

I fell in love with Indian Food when my wife (at the time girlfriend) lived with her mother in University City. She took me to Tandoor India, on 40th Street between Chestnut and Walnut, and I absolutely loved it. The food was so full of flavor, and for the first time I actually found food that was spicy enough for me.

When my wife and I moved to Secane, near Springfield in suburban Delaware County, I was heart-broken that I could not find any Indian cuisine close by. Time would pass until my craving for the spicy delicious flavor overwhelmed me and we would make a trip back in to the city.

That all changed a couple years ago when I stumbled upon Shere-e-punjab on State Street in Media. I found it thanks to a recommendation on Chowhound, but had a hard time tracking it down since they did not have a website at the time.

It is located in a strip of storefronts right on State Street in the heart of Media Boro, near the intersection of State and Orange Streets.

The food here is incredible. I prefer going to their buffet, so that I get to try many different things, and I am never disappointed.

The vegetable samosas are huge and fresh, and definitely the best I’ve ever had, anywhere!

Another great feature is that the Naan (the flat bread that is common in Indian dining) is served fresh in baskets at the table. Other buffets keep large quantities on the warming table, and it can dry out as it sits there.

The Greater Philadelphia Ethnic Dining Meetup that my wife and I organize is having our July 2009 event at this restaurant. We’ll be meeting with a group of 10 on a Saturday for lunch.

Vegetable Samosas

These are the best Vegetable Samosas I’ve had anywhere. You get 2 for this $3.95 price, but I usually end up eating them on the lunch buffet. They are very large and fresh.

Cecile photo

Cecile

Secane, PA
Shere-e-Punjab 5.0

Excellent lunch buffet

This is my favorite place to go for Indian food, and I go for the buffet. All of the food that I have ever tried on the buffet was tasty, and I usually try most dishes. I’m kind of a wimp when it comes to spicy foods, so I’m happy that most of the dishes are not out of my spice range. The highlight of the buffet — that which sets it apart from others — is the fresh naan bread delivered to the table.

On a side note, Shere-E-Punjab recently got their liquor license, and seem to have a nice variety of beers and mixed drinks. When I went yesterday with my husband for the Greater Philadelphia Ethnic Dining Meetup July event, we were able to try a beer we never had before — Taj. It wasn’t an exceptional beer, but it’s always nice to be able to try something new.

Naan

The naan bread here is the best! Delivered hot and fresh to the table, it’s the perfect accompaniment to the meal.

Indian Buffet Shere-e-punjab

Shere-e-Punjab  Restaurant Reviews

• 02/15/2014 - A diner from San Francisco, CA tried it and liked it.
  • 07/10/2014 - A diner from San Francisco, CA tried it.
Shere-e-Punjab is located near the cities of Rose Valley, Flushing, Upper Providence, Garden City, and Upper Providence Township.
People found this by searching for: Shere Punjab Media Pa, Punjab Media, Sher E Panjab Buffet.On Weekends?, Sheri Panjab Restaurant, Media,Pa, Shere E Punjab Media Pa, Sher E Punjab Media, and Shere E Punjab Media.