Apr 21 - 27, 2014 22 restaurants with special menus during Main Line Restaurant Week!

610-891-0400

208 W State St ( )

Media, PA 19063

Description: Shere-e-Punjab is a Indian and Buffet restaurant where most Menuism users came for fun with friends, paid between $10 and $25, and tipped more than 18%.
Tags: Indian, Buffet, Shere-e-punjab, Dinner, Vegetable Samosas, Naan, Delaware County, Delco, Medium, and Delivery
  • 3 dishes entered by diners at Shere-e-Punjab
  • 1 user loves Shere-e-Punjab

Reviews for Shere-e-Punjab

Shere-e-Punjab -A Greater Philadelphia Ethnic Dining Opinion

I fell in love with Indian Food when my wife (at the time girlfriend) lived with her mother in University City. She took me to Tandoor India, on 40th Street between Chestnut and Walnut, and I absolutely loved it. The food was so full of flavor, and for the first time I actually found food that was spicy enough for me.

When my wife and I moved to Secane, near Springfield in suburban Delaware County, I was heart-broken that I could not find any Indian cuisine close by. Time would pass until my craving for the spicy delicious flavor overwhelmed me and we would make a trip back in to the city.

That all changed a couple years ago when I stumbled upon Shere-e-punjab on State Street in Media. I found it thanks to a recommendation on Chowhound, but had a hard time tracking it down since they did not have a website at the time.

It is located in a strip of storefronts right on State Street in the heart of Media Boro, near the intersection of State and Orange Streets.

The food here is incredible. I prefer going to their buffet, so that I get to try many different things, and I am never disappointed.

The vegetable samosas are huge and fresh, and definitely the best I’ve ever had, anywhere!

Another great feature is that the Naan (the flat bread that is common in Indian dining) is served fresh in baskets at the table. Other buffets keep large quantities on the warming table, and it can dry out as it sits there.

The Greater Philadelphia Ethnic Dining Meetup that my wife and I organize is having our July 2009 event at this restaurant. We’ll be meeting with a group of 10 on a Saturday for lunch.

Vegetable Samosas

These are the best Vegetable Samosas I’ve had anywhere. You get 2 for this $3.95 price, but I usually end up eating them on the lunch buffet. They are very large and fresh.

Excellent lunch buffet

This is my favorite place to go for Indian food, and I go for the buffet. All of the food that I have ever tried on the buffet was tasty, and I usually try most dishes. I’m kind of a wimp when it comes to spicy foods, so I’m happy that most of the dishes are not out of my spice range. The highlight of the buffet — that which sets it apart from others — is the fresh naan bread delivered to the table.

On a side note, Shere-E-Punjab recently got their liquor license, and seem to have a nice variety of beers and mixed drinks. When I went yesterday with my husband for the Greater Philadelphia Ethnic Dining Meetup July event, we were able to try a beer we never had before — Taj. It wasn’t an exceptional beer, but it’s always nice to be able to try something new.

Naan

The naan bread here is the best! Delivered hot and fresh to the table, it’s the perfect accompaniment to the meal.

December 8, 2008

Good indian food

They have a lunch buffet on weekends and all of their food is available for take out. The dining room is comfortable and quiet. The food is great, I recomend the chicken vindaloo.

Shere-e-Punjab is located near the cities of Rose Valley, Flushing, Garden City, Upper Providence Township, and Elwyn.
People found this by searching for: Shere Punjab Media Pa, Shere E Punjab Media Pa, Sher Punjab Media, Punjab Media, Shere E Punjab Media, Sher E Punjab Media, Sheri Panjab Restaurant, Media,Pa, Sher E Punjab Media Beer, and Indian Restaurant Media Pa.

Featured in Media