Sherrill's Pioneer Restaurant

5.0 rating over 1 review
8363 Carolina Blvd
Clyde, NC 28721-7042

Cuisine: American

Sherrill's Pioneer Restaurant is a American restaurant where most Menuism users came for a meal on the go, paid less than $10, and tipped more than 18%.

Overall
Pros
"e.g. apple pie, fast service, kid-friendly, etc... good food, real mountain food fixed right"
"Good home cooking, served fast and hot at an affordable price."
"Everything is wonderful"
"Fries"
Cons
"How we was chased into parking and told we didn't leave a tip & when said sorry & offered $3 was told by kitchen help they had two 5s for my 10 so it's OK but not best place"
"Parking is creative at times"
Comments
"Best real restaurant left anywhere in WNC. Best food, service, cooking, location, worth the trip from Asheville, NC or anywhere else in WNC"
"Great place, always busy."
guess photo

guess

Bonsall, CA
Sherrill's Pioneer Restaurant 5.0

This place is worth a 100 mile trip out of the way!

We were driving from Gatlinburg to Asheville… to see Biltmore… and struck Gold in Clyde

Terri was sleeping… I was hungry for breakfast… and had no idea where Clyde, North Carolina even was. As I turned off of I-40… it occurred to me that Clyde might be miles away instead of just next to the freeway… but before I could even zoom the GPS out… there was the off ramp to Clyde.

Down Main Street we went… it’s really Carolina Blvd… and sure enough there was “Sherrill’s Pioneer Restaurant”… gravel parking lot… full… cars parked on the sidewalk… it was busy… I’m sure it always is… for good reason.

Opens at 5:00am… bet it’s busy then too. Inside we found American… felt like we’d stepped back to my childhood. Everybody friendly… place was spotless… lots of signs like “If we don’t take good care of our customer… somebody else will”… well they have no peers.

I had a fried egg sandwich with bacon and cheese… with a side order of grits… it was wonderful. Terri had an omelet that she said was great… it was great big for sure.

Immediately served some hot excellent coffee… food came quick… service with a smile and genuine. I read that this was the third generation of the family now running the restaurant… no wonder they have done well. Dean the Dad was in the Kitchen… working… it was his 69th Birthday… and his Daughter came in with a cake… and the entire restaurant sang happy birthday to Dean. They’re open till 9:00pm… I couldn’t help but wonder how many hours a week Dean works. The results are evident.

We told the waitress we were from San Diego… but as we left… she waived and hollered… “please come back and see us now”… The food was so good… the service was so good… the experience made us feel so good… that three days later… on the way to the Charlotte NC airport… we went out of our way to have breakfast there again. Terri ordered what I had the first time… I had ham steak “Hungry Man” breakfast to die for.

This is the sort of restaurant that people would go 100 miles out of the way to enjoy. I checked online… could not find their web site… of course… they don’t have one… they do great food… not Internet. But… I found mention of them everywhere… from local newspaper articles… to food sites all over the place. There is a reason people love this place. Give it a try… put a smile on your face!

Fried Egg Sandwich with Bacon and Cheese

WOW… it was delicious

Toasted perfectly… egg cooked perfectly… smoked bacon… and lots of cheese… of course with mayonaise… how can you have an egg sandwich without mayonaise?

Grits

Yee Haw… I’m in ths South again

They were cooked perfectly… and swimming in butter… a little salt and pepper… I can still taste them.

Home Cooking Cornbread Grits
Brjj6chfqr3islaby-gaa7
guess

Bonsall, CA

Sherrill's Pioneer Restaurant  Restaurant Reviews

• 05/02/2013 - A diner from Waynesville, NC tried it and liked it.
  • 05/13/2013 - A diner from Easley, SC tried it and liked it.
  • 10/12/2013 - A diner tried it.
  • 11/08/2013 - A diner from Greenville, SC tried it, liked it, and rated it 5 stars. They liked the food, liked the service, and liked the ambiance.
  • 11/30/2013 - A diner from Clyde, NC tried it and liked it. They liked the food, liked the service, and liked the ambiance.
  • 12/01/2013 - A diner from Landrum, SC tried it, liked it, and rated it 4 stars. They liked the food, liked the service, and liked the ambiance.
    Pros: 'Fries'
  • 08/05/2014 - A diner from San Francisco, CA tried it, liked it, and rated it 5 stars. They liked the food, liked the service, and liked the ambiance.
  • 09/04/2014 - A diner from San Francisco, CA tried it.
  • 10/02/2014 - A diner from San Francisco, CA tried it, liked it, and rated it 5 stars. They liked the food, liked the service, and liked the ambiance.
  • 10/14/2014 - A diner from San Francisco, CA tried it, liked it, and rated it 5 stars. They liked the food, liked the service, and liked the ambiance.
  • 10/29/2014 - A diner from San Francisco, CA tried it and liked it. They liked the food, liked the service, and liked the ambiance.
  • 11/03/2014 - A diner from San Francisco, CA tried it.
  • 11/23/2014 - A diner from San Francisco, CA tried it, liked it, and rated it 5 stars. They liked the food, liked the service, and liked the ambiance.
  • 12/11/2014 - A diner from San Francisco, CA tried it, liked it, and rated it 3 stars. They liked the food, liked the service, and liked the ambiance.
  • 12/29/2014 - A diner from San Francisco, CA tried it.
  • 01/15/2015 - A diner from San Francisco, CA tried it, liked it, and rated it 5 stars. They liked the food, liked the service, and liked the ambiance.
    Pros: 'Everything is wonderful'
  • 01/31/2015 - A diner from San Francisco, CA tried it, liked it, and rated it 4 stars. They liked the food, liked the service, and liked the ambiance.
  • 02/08/2015 - A diner from San Francisco, CA tried it.
  • 03/26/2015 - A diner from San Francisco, CA tried it, liked it, and rated it 5 stars. They liked the food, liked the service, and liked the ambiance.
    Pros: 'Good home cooking, served fast and hot at an affordable price.'
    Cons: 'Parking is creative at times'
    Comments: 'Great place, always busy.'
  • 03/28/2015 - A diner from San Francisco, CA tried it.
  • 04/08/2015 - A diner tried it.
  • 04/10/2015 - A diner from San Francisco, CA tried it.
  • 05/23/2015 - A diner tried it and liked it. They liked the food and liked the service.
  • 05/27/2015 - A diner tried it, liked it, and rated it 3 stars. They liked the food, liked the service, and didn't like the ambiance.
    Cons: 'How we was chased into parking and told we didn't leave a tip & when said sorry & offered $3 was told by kitchen help they had two 5s for my 10 so it's OK but not best place'
  • 06/11/2015 - A diner tried it, liked it, and rated it 5 stars. They liked the food, liked the service, and liked the ambiance.
    Pros: 'e.g. apple pie, fast service, kid-friendly, etc... good food, real mountain food fixed right'
    Comments: 'Best real restaurant left anywhere in WNC. Best food, service, cooking, location, worth the trip from Asheville, NC or anywhere else in WNC'
  • 08/04/2015 - A diner from Greenville, SC tried it.
Sherrill's Pioneer Restaurant is located near the cities of Lake Junaluska.
People found this by searching for: Pioneer Restaurant Clyde Nc Menu, Pioneer Restaurant Clyde Nc, Sherrill's Pioneer Restaurant, Sherrill Pioneer Restaurant, Sherills Pioneer Restaurant, Sherrills Pioneer Restaurant, Pioneer Cafe Clyde Nc, and The Pioneer Clyde Nc.