732-899-1300

703 Bridge Ave, #707 ( )

Point Pleasant, NJ 08742-4544

Description: Shore Fresh Seafood Market is a Seafood restaurant where most Menuism users came for a family meal, paid between $10 and $25, and tipped between 15% to 18%.
Tags: Seafood, Outdoor seating, Good For Kids, Takeout, and Good for groups
  • 3 dishes entered by diners at Shore Fresh Seafood Market

Reviews for Shore Fresh Seafood Market

• 5 reviews
  • First reviewed by Bobo1

WORTH THE WAIT

The Shore Fresh Sea Food Market, Bridge Street, Point Pleasant?

August 16, 2008, I stumbled across this place by accident on a busy summer night when all the good places in town had long waits. This place is in itself a busy local sea food market by day and also happens to serve take out and eat-in fare. I was there on a Saturday night in August, during the season of this popular bustling Jersey shore beach town. I was told there is a small kitchen out back of the fish market which serves up the best the ocean has to offer at bargain prices. One would think you were dropped off at someone’s front porch for dinner.They have the usual seafood menu, with all the lobster bisque, the clam chowder, both ways, and all the other shell fish, regular fish all cooked to your order. Everything is made fresh and it’s all is homemade.

I immediately spotted the sign LOBSTER DINNER $19.95, that’s for me. This all took place about 7:45pm. When I entered the market I was greeted by the waitress, who look like she steped right out of that old Bounty paper towel comercial, that Rosie’s of Rosie’s Diner, "THERE IS A 1 HOUR WAIT AND WE CLOSE AT 9:00! I shrugged my shoulders, where was I going at this stage? Besides, no one was going to talk me out of that lobster, not even this feisty curmudgeon waitress with her strong Boston accident. She said “Ok sit down over here” (little tables placed randomly around the front porch of the market) , I sat down but I told her only there is only one thing I insist upon, I would like a cup of the New England ($3.49)
About ten minutes later she arrived with my chowder, lots a clams and cream, very yummy, in a plastic take out container just like the kind soup come in at the grocery deli counter. There was a container of some sort, stuffed with knapkins and a aray of plastic “silverware” right on the table. She whispered with her thick Boston accent, “I snuck by the cook and placed an order in for your lobster” . . WOW my stubbornness paid off ! I am really going to get one!

While I waited, a very well dressed older couple arrived in a shiny black Cadillac, "we want an order to take out . “Rosie” blurted right back at them “OK, BUT IT’S AN HOUR WAIT”! they looked at each other, perplexed, without saying a word, car keys in hand, they scooted off..

“Rosie " explained to those of us who remained on her porch, and who had been brave enough to ignore her stated wait time warnings, “the front wasn’t busy tonight, but there is only a small kitchen back there and someone has just phoned in an ordered for 16 lobster, take away dinners, then called back and ordered two more”! she explained, that’s well that’s over a $400.00 order, and WE CLOSE AT 9 OCLOCK!, Just incase any of us forgot. . .lol
After about 20 minutes total, she arrived with my lobster dinner.It was served in one of those deep aluminum pans, kind one would buy at the grocery store to roast a chicken. lol . .There was my 1 1/2 Main (not soft shell local,as to us by “Rosie” ) with a tub of home made Cole slaw, and my Jersey Shore French fries (twice cooked and not at all greasy) , made with real potatoes but never frozen.
There in a small plastic cup lies my melted butter. I ordered a bottle of Stewarts diet root beer and a few minutes later, when asked how I was doing, I said, “I am a happy camper”.

The lobster dinner comes with a choice of rice, plain spaghetti (without sauce) or French fries. The bill went like this, the lobster dinner 19.95, the root beer two bucks, and the chowder $3.49, plus 7% tax, with tip, $33.50.
The entertainment (“Rosie”) was free. Just watching her scare and chase tourists off her front porch was worth it alone.
My only suggestion, try to get there early so maybe “Rosie” can sneak in a few lobster orders for you. By the way, the lobster was steamed, just the way I like it. and totally scrumptious, worth every penny and worth the wait.
This place is open all year and I was told that September and October are the best time to go because it’s not crowded, yet pleasant weather for outdoor dining.

Lobster Dinner

The lobster was steamed with a bit of paprika, excellent. for the price. I was expecting a standard 1 1/4 pound-er, this is 1 1/2 pounds. That 1/4 pound does make a difference. I had the NE. Clam Chowder it was packed with clams, and very creamy. I saw diners eating platters full of steamers looked very popular. They do have a kid friendly menu, chicken fingers and burgers etc.
I normally do not eat restaurant type French fries, but I was impressed with the fries that came with the dinner, skins still on at the edge and they were not greasy, but 100% made from scratch and home made.

Add/Show Comments (3)

Flounder Shorts?

The last time I checked the minimum size for a flounder keeper was 18". Wonder where they are getting their 4" flounder?

Fried Flounder Sandwich

My husband and I have ordered take out for dinner a couple of times from Shore Fresh in Pt. Pleasant NJ and it wasn’t bad. We went over for lunch today. We were more than disappointed. The fried flounder sandwich was almost transparent and about 4 inches long. The tomatoe on the sandwich was actually thicker than the fish! There was literally 3, 1/2 inch thick strips of lettuce on it. Are you kidding me!!! $9 for this? I really hate getting ripped off!!! We had ordered our sandwiches to go otherwise I would have said something about it while there. We had no time to go back since I was on my lunch break.

Makes me wonder if they are doing this because it’s “tourist season”. We live in the area so we know that this isn’t the norm. Either way they shouldn’t be ripping people off!!!

4.0

Great Food

Eat in or Eat Out? We chose to eat out. On a somewhat busy street it was a bit noisy, but very tollerable. The food makes up for anything the location lacks. My wife’s Italian and loved the mussels. If she knew the appetizer was that big she would not have ordered dinner. Make sure you bring your own bread and wine. Her salmon was excellent. I had the lobster bisque which was very good, just the way I like it. The crab cakes were good, but to be honest, the ones my wife and I make from fresh crabs is better. The prices are excellent, but you are getting served on paper plates with plastic utensils. If you’re looking for fancy, this is not it, but if you’re looking for good sea food, this is the place.

Crab Cakes

Crab cakes were good, for canned crab meat. Could add a touch more of Old Bay Seasoning. Would be excellent with fresh crab meat.

October 14, 2011

tom c

Good food at a price? In a near empty store looking at a seafood display case with no prices or labels on any of the product I was ignored for 10 minutes by while one person shucking oysters another taking some shrimp from the case in…

February 1, 2011

Great

My husband and I brought our 2 young children here recently after hearing alot about it and we were not disappointed! Great food and child friendly!

Shore Fresh Seafood Market is located near the cities of Pt Pleasant, Point Pleasant Boro, Bay Head, Point Pleasant Beach, and Pt Pleasant Beach.
People found this by searching for: Shore Fresh Seafood Market Menu, Shore Fresh Seafood Market Point Pleasant Boro, Shore Fresh Seafood, Shore Fresh Point Pleasant, Shore Fresh Point Pleasant Nj, Shore Fresh Seafood Market, Shore Fresh, and Shore Fresh Seafood Point Pleasant Nj.

Woodchucks BBQ
Forte Unique Cuisines
709 Restaurant
Prime 13

Link to Shore Fresh Seafood Market

Shore Fresh Seafood Market  Restaurant Reviews

Overall:  100%  Food:  100%  Service:  100%  Ambiance:  93%
Pros
  •  "The food is USUALLY pretty good. The service is good & we like sitting outside on the patio. "
  •  "Great food, good price."
  •  "amazing food. lobster roll was the best ive had and i live in maine. great service and all together good experience."
  •  "Lobster mac n cheese, fresh seafood, 2 locations and they are both as good as the other, local feel, local merchant, good service, inexpensive ...I could go on"
Cons
  •  "Went for lunch today. Probably our most disappointing experience there so far (we go maybe once a month). The lobster bisque, for some reason, was intolerably salty. I had the fried flounder sandwich. I have to agree with the other reviewer here about"
  •  "Ok service, parking is tight, bathrooms are across the parking lot ."
  •  "Nothing"
  •  "Small space and long wait at times, but not often"
Comments
  •  "This place was really good when it changed hands a few years ago. I think the quality is starting to slip. We really used to enjoy going but decided after today's lunch to give the place a rest for a while. "