4.0 rating over 1 review

shaomai

San Jose, CA
Silks Restaurant 4.0

Great fancy food

Expensive, but really good. This is definitely a restaurant to go to if you have a special occasion to celebrate or if you’re eating on the company’s dollar. This is one of those restaurants that is so fancy they give you tiny mouthfuls of a dish that’s “compliments of the chef” in between the courses you actually ordered. And they are all fantastic! The only reason this restaurant doesn’t get 5 stars from me is because their entrees were the one let down, and I feel like that’s a pretty major thing when the entrees cost about $40 each. But everything else was so fantastic I could deal with that. We even got 2 free desserts!

The atmosphere is a little stiff. It’s pretty… but the night I ate there, it seemed like everyone else who was there was there with work, so it felt a bit stuffy. There was even a table who brought their laptops to the dinner table, which I thought really diminished the atmosphere.

Since there were a few “compliements of the chef” dishes that aren’t on the menu, I’ll list my reviews for them here.

Gazpacho — a small portion of gazpacho, served in a shot glass. Perfectly spicy and cold, but the best part was that it was served with a paper-thin grilled leaf of a green veggie (lettuce? spinach? i don’t remember), but it was so unexpectedly flavorful and crisp, the memory of it stays with me to this day. it was so good.

Scharffenberger hot chocolate accompanied by a stout beer — the Scharffenberger hot chocolate was so rich and creamy, the stout was a perfect compliment in texture and taste. I was looking forward to this all night as I saw it being served to other patrons.

Eggs, Bacon, and Toast

Duck Egg Tempura, Crispy Suckling Pig, Brioche, and Truffled Potatoes — This is one of those rare dishes that i dream about. It was SO AMAZING. Those truffled potatoes are TO DIE FOR.

Lobster & Shellfish Tom Yum Noodles

Hand-cut Rice Noodles – this was the biggest disappointment of the night. Nothing was wrong with it… it just wasn’t anything special for how much it cost. I feel like I could order the same dish at any Malaysian restaurant for about $10.

Tasmanian Trout

Preserved Lemon & Bone Marrow Risotto, English Pea Purée, Sauce Bordelaise — Also a disappointment. I got this primarily for the bone marrow risotto, but the lemon flavor was so overpowering, I didn’t really taste any of the bone marrow.

Banana Split

Banana caramel tart; Banana Bomb; Vanilla Malt shot — We were given this dish for free! I have a feeling it was b/c it was the end of the night and they had leftovers. But it was SPECTACULAR, every part of it. I dream about this one too.

Asian Pan-Asian & Pacific Rim Delivery
Sat 07:30AM - 11:00AM
Mon 06:30AM - 10:30AM
Tue-Fri 06:30AM - 10:30AM

From OpenTable:

Serving brasserie-style San Francisco cuisine and refined cocktails complemented with a diverse wine-program, Brasserie S&P, has unveiled to be a favorite in the local culinary scene. We offer all-day dining from a creative menu which incorporates the finest, seasonal ingredients found in California. The 90 seat restaurant blends seamlessly with our “gincentric” bar to offer a lively, sophisticated yet informal dining experience.

Owner? Claim The Menu

Silks Restaurant  Restaurant Reviews

Silks Restaurant is located near the cities of Hayes Valley, , Mission District, Chinatown, and Haight Ashbury.
People found this by searching for: Restaurants Bberkeley Springs.Comerkeley Springs West Virginia, Silks Restaurant San Francisco, Seafood In Albany And Corvallis Oregon, Silks San Francisco Menu, Silks Restaurant San Francisco Menu, Cafes In Oakland, Silks Restaurant In San Francisco Home Page, Chef Rick Bartram, and Silks Menu San Francisco.