856-546-3939

317 East Atlantic Avenue ( )

Audubon, NJ 08106

Description: Simply Soups & A Little More is a Salads, Sandwiches, and Soups restaurant where most Menuism users came for a meal on the go, paid less than $10, and tipped less than 15%.
Tags: Takeout, Salads, Sandwiches, Soups, and Desserts. Takeout
  • 3 dishes entered by diners at Simply Soups & A Little More

Reviews for Simply Soups & A Little More

4.0

Simply Soups and a little more

I really like this place but the soups are hit or miss. the beef stew is delish, the lobster bisque not so much. I like the atmosphere but it is missing something not sure what though. She always has fresh bread to go with the soups that is so yummy! The soups are served in adorable little mugs (love that). They don’t take ATM/debit/credit cards so bring cash!

Lobster Bisque

Huge chunky pieces of celery should not be in lobster bisque, also it was barely seasoned. I have had much better lobster bisque….I think they should change the recipe completely

Simply Addicting Soup

Sure this place is a little soup kitchen, but I must disagree with the other reviewer about the Italian Wedding Soup – I think it is unlike any other I’ve tasted. It is sooo good. Unfortunately they don’t make it everyday and they seem to sell out. I’ve tried several of their other soups and have yet to be disappointed. It’s not per se a place to take a date, but if you love soup it is worth the trip!

Italian Wedding Soup

ADDICTING

Not so hot.

We walked in on a rainy day at lunch time recently. It was a good soup day. We looked around first to see where the odor of kerosene was coming from, which was a large heater in the corner that wasn’t even operating. Boxes were piled 6 feet high next to the cooler box in full view of the dining room. The table closest to the counter was cluttered paperwork, newspapers, cups and jackets. The counter was as cluttered and dingy looking as most of the interior. I wanted to walk out, but our friends had highly recommended this place so we got take out. The prices are a little steep but we figured good soup was worth it. I am sorry to say this wasn’t good soup at all. The service wasn’t bad per se but they weren’t overly friendly or glad to learn that I was our first time there and we came because friends recommended it. We’re not sure if we want to go back for a 2nd chance, most diners make better soup for a better price

Italian Wedding Soup

We ordered 2 pints of the Italian wedding soup. Once we got home, there was grease all over the outside of the container soaking through the cardboard lid. After I skimmed off the oil slick of fat and poured it into the pot to re-heat it, I saw there were no pasta pearls or orzo in the soup but rather egg whites. There were not many meatballs at all especially considering the price. The soup was very bland and did not really have decent amount of escarole or carrots either. So considering the ingredients were lacking, that explains why the soup was bland. It tasted more like egg drop soup with some ingredients thrown in. It also seemed like the soup had not been cooked enough either. Perhaps they didn’t start by making chicken soup first then using the broth to make wedding soup. Or, the chicken base was just very weak. Given the small amount of meat I was really curious as to why there was an oil slick on top of the container.

Simply Soups & A Little More

Homemade Soup Like Grandma Used to Make- Delicious!

There is no greater comfort food than a good tasty soup and few establishments do it better than owner and chef, Joann. She is very good to her customers and loves to chat. The service is friendly, fast and efficient. You may know her from her former locations in Haddonfield and more recently, Somerdale. Everyday there are at least a good half dozen soups simmering away as well as others in the freezer from the day before. They include meat and vegetarian selections. Her menu also includes home made salads, sandwiches and desserts. This is primarily for take out. Although seating is available. The prices are very reasonable. What better way to get through the workday or enjoy a quiet moment at home. To quote a famous jingle, "mmmm mmmm good!!!

Beef Barley Soup

The flavorful soup was a nice thick beef broth packed with barley, beef and some vegetables. It was just that tasty.

Simply Soups & A Little More is located near the cities of Audubon Park, Oaklyn, Haddon Heights, Mt Ephraim, and Haddon Twp.
People found this by searching for: Simply Soups And A Little More, Simply Soups, Simply Soups Audubon Nj Menu, Simply Soups Audubon, Simply Soups Menu Audubon Nj, Simply Soup Audubon, Simply Soups Audubon Nj, and Simply Soup Audubon Nj.

Great Taste
Genova Pizzeria
Crux Cafe
The Fresh Works

Link to Simply Soups & A Little More

Simply Soups & A Little More  Restaurant Reviews

Overall:  100%  Food:  100%  Service:  100%  Ambiance:  100%
Pros
  •  "Loving the selections of soup...mmmm"
  •  "Great homemade soup, pot pies were amazing. They also have a full sandwich and salad menu. I tried several of The desserts and found them To be homemade and delicious. The homemade chicken salad was The best I ever had tasted."
  •  "Homemade taste. Soups are absolutly made from scratch. Pot pies are The best I ever had. Shop is very clean and attractive. The employees are very friendly and lots of fun."
Cons
  •  "I can't really think of any."
  •  "I have nothing!"
Comments
  •  "This shop is a gem. The interior is beautiful w/seating in The window. I love that!"
  •  "No"