Call 1123 Fort Worth Dr
Denton, TX 76205-5817

Cuisine: Barbecue, Catering, Breakfast

Smokehouse is a Barbecue, Catering, and Breakfast restaurant where most Menuism users came for a family meal, paid less than $10, and tipped more than 18%.

Overall
Pros
"I love this place... this is my pick to go to everytime.. they have great prices and it's family owned. Helps the community. The hot links and catfish and steak are all good... all you can eat ribs on Tuesdays and catfish on monday.. good food specials pe"
"Waitresses had nice asses"
"Great food for cheap prices. Awesome waitstaff. "
"Calm relaxed atmosphere. Great value the plates are always heaping. Really kind service. And the menu is much broader than posted her or any of these"
"Great food, fast service, friendly"
"Good barbecue at a good price. Friendly staff and prompt service. "
"Very good food friendly staff also great service for the first time I went there"
"Great food and great price!"
"Love this place. The food, especially the chicken fried steak, is the best!! Waitresses are so friendly!!!!"
Cons
"Waitresses coud have bent over more"
"Location"
"Cigarette smoke, that's all. Wish people could wait to smoke outside. "
Comments
"Fantassstic"
"Check it out"
"Try the catfish or chicken fried steak, you will love it!!!"
suzannet photo

suzannet

Smokehouse 4.0

Smokehouse Regulars

My husband and I eat here once a week or so, and we love it. He usually always has the ST. LOUIS RIBS (yum) with a side of potato salad and fried okra. There’s always a doggie bag of rib bone treats for the dog. It’s hard to beat the GERMAN SAUSAGE OR BRISKET for me. They also serve real French fries – not frozen out of a bag. This is a great hometown BBQ place, prices are very reasonable and the wait staff is super efficient and friendly. It is certainly near the top of our list of favorite places to eat.

dentron3000 photo

dentron3000

Smokehouse 5.0

From Bad to Best

You’ll see on here some mixed reviews and I’d like to clear up the confusion. This place has gone through some changes and while the food used to not be the best it has quickly become some of the most delicious BBQ I’ve tasted and as a Texan I believe I can confirm this. I would recommend this reasonably priced delicious BBQ to anyone. GO! The sliced brisket sandwich is a personal favorite. Oh, and leave room for pie.

hochiinn photo

hochiinn

Krum, TX
Smokehouse 5.0

great food, excellent pricing. always worth the trip

we are not from texas, so we dont know what excellent bbq is supposed to taste like. BUT, we DO know what we like to eat, and the smokehouse is a great place for us. the bbq is always really tender, and the sauce is thick, and on the sweet side. i get a takeout order of ham about once a week. the meat has little to no fat, and is on the dry side. in contrast, the bbq we have had in dallas seems to be on the moist side, more fatty, and chewy. so if you like fatty, chewy bbq(we dont), then you probably wont like it here. also, the sauce in dallas seems to be very watery, and very vinegary, or sour. not to our liking. the parking lot is always full, and everyone at work goes there, so even if we dont know bbq, i guess all the people i work with dont know, either, because we all think it is the best in denton.

Wednesday Special

we have never had the wed special, but we have had sliced brisket, ham, st louis ribs, chicken, and sausage. the sides we have had include cole slaw, onion rings, french fries, german potato salad, baked beans, fried okra, and potato salad. my wife says the potato salad is just like what her mother used to make. all of it tastes excellent to us, we are not bbq experts.

ebonyj16 photo

ebonyj16

Smokehouse 1.0

Not good BBQ

This bbq is no good at all! I know its hard to find good bbq in Denton. But my man and I decided to take a chance on them. The ribs were overcooked dry and flavorless. the brisket was dry and had no smoke flavor. The sauce tasted like catsup! SERIOUSLY??!! Im sick that we wasted are money ($30.00) on crap bbq. The best part of the meal was the generic mac and cheese and the bread, which had at least one stick of butter on each slice. Next time my man will make the Q or were going to Dallas! Thanks but no thanks SMOKEHOUSE!

Barbecue Online Ordering Catering

Smokehouse  Restaurant Reviews

People found this by searching for: Smokehouse Denton Tx, The Smokehouse Denton, Smokehouse Denton, Smokehouse In Denton Tx, The Smokehouse Denton Tx, Smokehouse Denton Texas, and Smokehouse Bbq Denton Tx.