954-935-6688

5550 Nw 40th Street ( )

Pompano Beach, FL 33073

Description: Sorrisi is a Italian restaurant where most Menuism users came for a romantic date, paid more than $50, and tipped more than 18%.
Tags: Italian, Coral Springs, OpenTable, and Reservations
  • 2 dishes entered by diners at Sorrisi

From OpenTable:

In Italian Sorrisi means "smile." While creating this restaurant, we were inspired by all the things about la vie en Italia that bring smiles to our faces – the great food and fine wines, the inviting smells and bold flavors, the time we spend gathered in kitchens with our friends and loved ones, and the chance to share our passion and joy for Italian culture and cuisine with you, our guests. Here's to life, love, and whatever makes you smile. Salute!

Owner? Claim The Menu

Reviews for Sorrisi

Happy Valentines Day

The reception was nice but everything went down from there. On the way to the table the host stopped by an open oven to get us some bread, I was excited to have some fresh hot bread but when we where seated it took a few minutes for the server to get to us and we never got water till we ask for it. The bottle of wine we ordered came but the water we ask for still had never came. When we reached into the bread basket it was cold and from the texture it had been cooked several hours in advance.
We ordered apps and still had no water and the servers had been by the table several times and never ask if we needed anything of how was the wine. After 20 minuets the server came over to the table and said “the kitchen is backed up and our food would be out soon, by the way did you ever get your apps?” I was floored and at that point I knew we where in for a bad night out.
When we got out apps they where incomplete! The Tuna Carpaccio was missing the chopped green onions and there was no citrus dressing. Both where described on the menu, so I called over the server because she was not stopping by to ask how anything was, I told her the problem she had no idea because she didn’t know the menu. She took it back and the manager brought it back and apologized for the mistake but said it does not come with onions. He was wrong according to the menu that we looked at on the way out. Anyhow the other app Portobello Sorrisi was very good, then main course came and I finial got the water I ask 10 minuets for before we got out wine. I had the Filet Mignon it was wrong according to the menu also it did not have the baby carrots but at this point I just wanted to get out of there. My wife had the Linguine with Clams witch I thought no one could screw this up, but now I know it is possible it was so dry you could not even swallow it there was no sauce on it at all, wow!
Did I mention I chose this restaurant on a recommendation from Paul Castronova from Big 105 morning show? This was my Valentines Day present to my wife for all the stuff she endures through out the year from me and our kids, Needless to say never again!

2.0

If you have a comp, it's ok

I was pretty disappointed in my experience at Sorrisi. They didn’t “make me smile.” For starters, we had a reservation, but when we walked in, we were ignored and then when a couple came in after us, they were addressed and seated before we ever were acknowledged by anyone.

Once we sat down, the waitress couldn’t answer basic questions about the menu. She didn’t know if they had lemonade. She couldn’t tell us what the different pastas were. Then the bread came out and it was the hostess that brought it. She described the types of bread in the basket and when I asked her which one was the olive bread, she looked in the basket and said it wasn’t in there. The bread was dry and not very good. She did eventually bring the olive bread -which was ok – but still dry and not warm.

We ordered Calimari as an appitizer. When the calimari came out, the calimari was too fried, small, chewy and not very good. The marinara sauce that came with it was the best thing about it.

The menu was limited and expensive and nothing came with soup or salad. There was nothing on there that my boyfriend liked, so he just ordered the Chicken Alfredo, which he’s not crazy about anyway. There wasn’t anything on the menu I was crazy about either, but I got the Shrimp with pasta that the waitress said was like linguini, but it turned out to be more like a very thick hollow spaghetti. We waited for the food for what seemed an eternity and the manager had to come over to explain our food would be out shortly. The Chicken Alfredo was terrible. The fettucini was very thin and it all stuck together and it had a brown look to it. The chicken tasted processed and didn’t taste grilled. The sauce wasn’t very good either. My shrimp dish fared much better, but the portions are very small, so no leftovers.

After we were done, we sat with our plates in front of us for a while until I grabbed a passing hostess and asked her for a desert menu. The deserts looked boring and included such typical italian deserts as tirimisu, canollis and gelato. Someone other than our waitress took our plates away eventually and we sat there a while longer waiting for the waitress. Finally, when the waitress did come over, I ordered a gelato Kalua shake and then waited 15 mintues until I finally got frustrated and asked another waitress for our check.

My boyfriend left to see if they were calling his name in the casino promotion (we thought we’d be out of the restaurant by then) and because he was the one with the comp, he signed it and turned it over to me. The waitress was still no where to be seen. Finally, she returned without the shake and I explained to her I had to go and my boyfriend already left and we had asked for a check, but no one gave us one yet. She said she’d be back. My boyfriend returned before the waitress did (he didn’t win :( ) and when she finally got back with he check (still no shake), she said I owed $5 more than the comp was. I told her that was impossible (i know how to add!) and asked her to see the check. She gave me someone else’s check! I told her that wasn’t our check. She looked confused. She left again and the manager returned a second time during our visit to apologize for the wait for the shake….which he then handed me. Finally, the waitress came back and told me the comp covered the bill ( no, really?) and I didn’t owe her anything more. Sigh. The place was clean and the atmosphere was nice, but if you’re paying with real money, skip this one until they get more menu choices, better service and can at least give you some soup or salad with your very over priced and not-worth-it entrees..

Chicken Alfredo

terrible see my review above

Large Gulf Shrimp with Pasta

This dish was pretty good, but small portion. Not a good value for the money and didn’t come with soup or salad.

STAY AWAY!!!

this place was a huuuuge disappointment. the restaurant is very nice and brand new, but the food is just awful. got the calamari, it was terrible, i get it better in a sports bar. it looked like cheap rings that come frozen. got the mozzarella sticks, not that good. how do u screw those up? then had a ceasar salad, probably one of the worst ceasars ive ever had, no lie. tasted fishy, and they put bacon bits in it. what italian restaurant puts bacon bits in a ceasar salad? the main entree took a while to come out, even though we were one of the only ones there. i got the chicken marsala which was ok, my dad got the chicken parm, which was good, but it was a thick piece of chicken. chick parm should be pounded thin. anyway, it was still good. it didnt even come with a side of pasta, u have to order that separate. got the cannoli for dessert, nothing special. i would never go here again, thank god i was comped.

Sorrisi is located near the cities of Sea Ranch Lakes, Coconut Creek, Lauderdale By The Sea, Lighthouse Point, and Lauderdale By The Sea.
People found this by searching for: Sorrisi Coconut Creek, Sorrisi Menu, Sorrisi Coconut Creek Reviews, Sorrisi Restaurant Coconut Creek Fl, Sorrisi Restaurant, Sorrisi Coconut Creek Casino, and Phone.Number For Sorrisi Restaurant In Florida.

Featured in Pompano Beach