Call 2149 S Queen St
York, PA 17403-4845

Cuisine: Diner, American

South York Diner is a Diner and American restaurant where most Menuism users came for a family meal, paid between $10 and $25, and tipped less than 15%.

Overall
Pros
"Food was good. Place was clean"
"Had a pleasant waitress but food was awful. Will never retun"
"Food Is decent, but the view from rhe 83 ramp is weird. Equate the food with the less then appealing side exterior watching the staff breaking smokes and the dumpsters and ratty paint..."
"None."
"I did not expect to pay for hash browns and toast that we didn't order. Never again will we eat here "
"Clean, good service, liked the tv at booth"
Cons
"Nothing"
"The salad was nothing more than a head of lettuce cut a few times. Pathetic effort"
"Hostess and wait staff were not friendly or welcoming. Food was horrible and over priced"
"Option of not paying for good you didn't order. "
"Found prices much too high for lunch. Should remove sign saying lunch prices start at $4.95. That's a "week day menu" price. Felt bad for family with children who asked about it. Was not terribly impressed with my meal & will not return"
Comments
"Alls good"
"Don't waste your time or money "
"I would not recommend this diner to anyone. While the wait staff were friendly to other patrons, they were not friendly to my family. There were TVs throughout the diner, at every booth and on the walls, however sat my kids and I in the back were all TV"
"Stay away"
rainbowyork1 photo

rainbowyork1

South York Diner 1.0

I used to think they were trying

….but I don’t think that anymore. When a restaurant has indifferent service, unclean bathrooms, tacky booths, and mediocre food, there is a BIG problem with management. I have eaten there about 4 times, and each time was as above. The server, in each instance, was defensive about shortcomings, not at all interested in making things right. I have a friend who likes the place because they have apple dumplings, but I am going to force the choice of some other restaurant.

breakfast

Not worth crossing the street for. The servers are NOT nice people.

Reillysmom photo

Reillysmom

South York Diner 5.0

NIce Surprise

This was the first time we have ever been to this diner. I knew that they had recently been reopened with new ownership.
Very clean and open. There are TVs everywhere! A small one at each table. Little odd, but whatever.
The hostess was very friendly and seated us right away. Our waiter couldn’t have been nicer or more genuine.
The menu is huge! Plenty of choices and I thought the prices reasonable.
Our dinner was delicious and so much food. Couldn’t eat it all.
We will be back!

Steak Tips

This was a huge portion of beef tips with sauteed onions, peppers and mushrooms over toast points. Dinner comes with soup , I had cream of cauliflower which was delicious, salad and a side.
The salad is presented in a large bowl to share at the table. It was fresh and had lots of variety.
Lots of sides to choose from. I had rice, which was very good.

cragpretzel photo

cragpretzel

South York Diner 2.0

Ripoff

January 2013. We didn’t think much of the “old” SYD so we were skeptical when new owners reopened it. A television at every booth? Why? Same thick plastic huge menu that a lot of local places have. Prices are too high for the food. I noticed three specials on their list were about $1.50 to $2 more than the identical item on the regular menu. I ordered a dish that I have gotten at other diners with this menu and it was nearly identical, not that great and just hot enough to eat. I may go back if I can get my daughter to set foot in the place again. Her reaction to our visit: “I’m not impressed”.

turkey

Nearly identical to the other diners with this same type menu. The only difference was the turkey was sliced thinner. The mashed potatoes have a peculiar flavor and after taste. I’ve eaten a lot of mashed potatoes in 63 years and I don’t understand how they get them to taste that way! The food wasn’t very hot. The corn was way overcooked which isn’t a major thing.

attitude photo

attitude

Fawn Grove, PA

Lousy-Don't go there!!!

Got there around 1:00pm.

Can’t even give them a rating anymore. Went there because it was convenient from physician’s office.

Owners son had a lousy attitude. A bit on the superior side. He seated us.

Found an ant on the table. Killed it and gave it to the waitress. Told son about it and he got defensive saying they had an exterminator that came in every month.

I ordered breakfast. I can honestly say there was 1 scrambled egg, not 2. And the bacon had a funny taste…obviously left over from breakfast.

Husband ordered burger. It was rubbery, tasteless and the roll was stale. He enjoyed the chips more than anything.

Will never again go there.

bmc410 photo

bmc410

Dallastown, PA

Worst Restaurant In York

This is the worst restaurant in York. In addition to the bad service, the plates are as dirty as the bathroom and the food was either cold and under cooked or burnt and over cooked. The entire staff including the owner are unwelcoming and could use some lessons in customer service. Unless you want food poisoning and a restaurant full of bad attitude go to McDonald’s. It right up the road.

breakfast

Tasted like soap.

unhappydiner photo

unhappydiner

just pass by

The first thing you notice when you walk in is that it is not very clean. then you are greeted by the worst hostess on the planet. She is so unpleasant I guess thats when I should have known to leave. All the employees were sitting at the counter eating. there was a Russian I believe waitress in the morning seemed like she should have been German and he name should have been adolf the way she talked to other employees and little bus kids. I went to the bathroom in the front section where you can look out on queen st and had to wait because it was occupied then out came a greek man still wearing his apron I had already ordered and was hoping he didnt get urine on his apron or his hands I was pretty disgusted. then the food came not as ordered I guess it was to hard to not put tomatoes on my sandwich. I sent it back and all they did was take them off and send them back. there was still tomato juice all over it. and I suggest ordering a sandwich on toast unless you want the cooks finger print in your sandwich Well that grossed me out after seeing who I believed was the owner just used the bathroom with his apron on. I suggest you do not eat here.

shrimp alfredo

tasted like warm milk and baby shrimp but the after taste was the best reminded me of the last time I vomited

Diner American Horrible Food

South York Diner  Restaurant Reviews

• 07/05/2013 - A diner from York, PA tried it and rated it 3 stars.
  • 09/13/2013 - A diner from Brooklyn, NY tried it, liked it, and rated it 3 stars. They liked the food, liked the service, and liked the ambiance.
  • 11/17/2013 - A diner from Mount Wolf, PA tried it, didn't like it, and rated it 3 stars. They didn't like the food, liked the service, and liked the ambiance.
    Pros: 'Clean, good service, liked the tv at booth'
    Cons: 'Found prices much too high for lunch. Should remove sign saying lunch prices start at $4.95. That's a "week day menu" price. Felt bad for family with children who asked about it. Was not terribly impressed with my meal & will not return'
  • 01/08/2014 - A diner from Cleveland, OH tried it.
  • 01/13/2014 - A diner from San Francisco, CA tried it, liked it, and rated it 4 stars. They liked the food, liked the service, and liked the ambiance.
  • 02/28/2014 - A diner from San Francisco, CA tried it, didn't like it, and rated it 2 stars. They didn't like the food, didn't like the service, and liked the ambiance.
    Pros: 'I did not expect to pay for hash browns and toast that we didn't order. Never again will we eat here '
    Cons: 'Option of not paying for good you didn't order. '
    Comments: 'Stay away'
  • 05/11/2014 - A diner from New York, NY tried it.
  • 05/31/2014 - A diner from San Francisco, CA tried it, liked it, and rated it 4 stars. They liked the food, liked the service, and liked the ambiance.
  • 07/15/2014 - A diner from San Francisco, CA tried it, liked it, and rated it 5 stars. They liked the food, liked the service, and liked the ambiance.
  • 08/26/2014 - A diner tried it, liked it, and rated it 4 stars. They liked the food, liked the service, and liked the ambiance.
    Pros: 'Food Is decent, but the view from rhe 83 ramp is weird. Equate the food with the less then appealing side exterior watching the staff breaking smokes and the dumpsters and ratty paint...'
  • 09/07/2014 - A diner from New York, NY tried it, didn't like it, and rated it 1 star. They didn't like the food, liked the service, and didn't like the ambiance.
    Pros: 'Had a pleasant waitress but food was awful. Will never retun'
    Cons: 'The salad was nothing more than a head of lettuce cut a few times. Pathetic effort'
    Comments: 'Don't waste your time or money '
  • 10/25/2014 - A diner from San Francisco, CA tried it.
  • 11/16/2014 - A diner from Brooklyn, NY tried it.
  • 12/13/2014 - A diner from San Francisco, CA tried it, liked it, and rated it 4 stars. They liked the food, liked the service, and liked the ambiance.
  • 01/29/2015 - A diner from San Francisco, CA tried it, liked it, and rated it 4 stars. They liked the food, liked the service, and liked the ambiance.
  • 02/08/2015 - A diner from San Francisco, CA tried it.
  • 03/07/2015 - A diner tried it, liked it, and rated it 4 stars. They liked the food, liked the service, and liked the ambiance.
  • 03/10/2015 - A diner from San Francisco, CA tried it, liked it, and rated it 5 stars. They liked the food, liked the service, and liked the ambiance.
  • 03/14/2015 - A diner from San Francisco, CA tried it, liked it, and rated it 4 stars. They liked the food, liked the service, and liked the ambiance.
  • 04/18/2015 - A diner from New York, NY tried it, didn't like it, and rated it 3 stars. They liked the food, liked the service, and liked the ambiance.
  • 05/01/2015 - A diner from San Francisco, CA tried it.
  • 06/11/2015 - A diner from New York, NY tried it.
South York Diner is located near the cities of North York, Grantley, West York, Shiloh, and Oak Ridge.
People found this by searching for: South York Diner York Pa, South York Pa Dinner Menu, Southyork Diner, Reviews On The South York Diner, South York Diner Menu, York Diner, South York Diner Hours, and South York Diner.