972-231-7891

1381 W Campbell Rd ( )

Richardson, TX 75080-2815

Description: Southern Recipes Cafe is a Sandwiches, Southern, and Hamburgers restaurant where most Menuism users came for a meal on the go, paid between $10 and $25, and tipped more than 18%.
Tags: Sandwiches, Good for groups, Takeout, Good For Kids, Southern, Delivery, Hamburgers, Lunch specials, Breakfast, and American
  • 1 dish entered by diners at Southern Recipes Cafe

Reviews for Southern Recipes Cafe

4.0

Great Find

Great food at resonable prices. Nice variety of dishes. The blackened chicken is one of my favorites, (choose the Alfredo sauce). Their fish dishes are wonderful, especially with the seafood wine sause (be sure to look on the specials whiteboard as there is usually salmon or trout, grilled or blackened with the seafood wine sause listed). Salad bar has always been fresh.

“No frills decor” means that the food comes first.

I have to run, getting hungry………….

P.S. let’s keep this place our secret………….

Add/Show Comments (1)

3.0

Wish I hadn't heard that!

First of all, let me say that I love this place and eat at Southern Recipe at least once if not twice a week. The food is great and service is always good. However, on my most recent visit I have the most unfortunate experience of hearing two servers arguing just inside the kitchen doors. It was embarrassing and uncomfortable for those of us that couldn’t help but hear (I was clear at the front – not even close to the doors). When I mentioned it to my server who was not involved she sighed and said it happened all the time. It bothered me to the point that I called back after I had left because as an owner, I’d want to know if this was going on in my establishment. I was asked to call back in 4 hours because they were too busy to take a message for the owner.

So for the food, I’d give 4.5 stars – go and definitely try it out. But when you factor in the “entertainment” I’d have to bring it down to 3. I may never dine-in there again. I leave my office to get away from the chaos, not to have to listen to someone else’s drama that should have happened far, far, far away from the customers earshot.

Chicken Fried Chicken

Light and tasty breading. Green beans were frozen. I could have skipped those. Yummy gravy. Salad bar is always the bomb.

October 28, 2009

Southern Recipe Cafe

Generous portions, casual family atmosphere, excellent down home cookin'! What more could you ask for. This place is laid-back, and one should really go for breakfast!

Southern Recipes Cafe is located near the cities of Scott.
People found this by searching for: Southern Recipe Cafe, Southern Recipes Cafe, Southern Recipe Richardson, Southern Recipe Cafe Richardson, Southern Recipes Cafe Richardson, Southern Recipe Cafe Menu, and Southern Recipe Richardson Tx.

Venezia Italian Cafe
Silver Fox Steakhouse Richardson
China Express Restaurant
Jersey Mike's Subs
Mooyah

Link to Southern Recipes Cafe

Southern Recipes Cafe  Restaurant Reviews

Overall:  100%  Food:  100%  Service:  100%  Ambiance:  100%
Pros
  •  "Plentiful portions with good taste and better value"