Southport Grocery and Cafe

Neighborhoods: Lakeview
Cuisine: Breakfast, Lunch, Gluten Free

Southport Grocery and Cafe is a Breakfast, Lunch, and Gluten Free restaurant where most Menuism users came for a romantic date, paid between $10 and $25, and tipped more than 18%.

Moonbm27 photo

Chicago, IL

I love love love Southport grocery! It is one of my favo...

I love love love Southport grocery! It is one of my favorite places for brunch. It’s a small place so there is usually a pretty long wait if you go around noon. (I would suggest waiting until at least 1:30/2 if you don’t want to wait a long time) Their bread pudding pancakes are amazing – they come to you all gooey and warm, and the vanilla bean sauce that comes with it tastes like melted vanilla ice cream – tastes amazing with the bread pudding pancakes. I always feel a slight tinge of regret when I don’t order the bread pudding pancakes. Last time I went I had their wheat pancakes with lemon mascapone and berry sauce. I don’t usually like lemon flavored things but this was pretty good! Their omelettes and salads are pretty good too.

jagschwind photo

Rich and Delicious Pancakes

Both times I went to Southport Grocery and Cafe, I had these pancakes. They are very rich, but you will want to finish every last bite. Their coffee is very good also.

Bread Pudding Pancakes

These pancakes are so rich and gooey. They come with a side of vanilla custard sauce and are topped with cinnamon-sugar butter. They are a special treat!

temp photo

Amazing breakfast and lunch

I probably sound like the owner, but they have a really cool menu there with lots of real foods. There is a single row of tables with a very small grocery section. Many of the toppings and sauces on the menu are sold in the grocery. Great food, great service, just get here early if you come on the weekend. They also have outdoor seating on nice days.

tasty good - Oatmeal Pancakes at Southport Grocery and Cafe

Oatmeal Pancakes

really good. nice big portion of pancakes served with syrup and some flavored butter on top. Hearty and delicious.

Breakfast Lunch Online Ordering
Mon-Fri 08:00AM - 07:00PM
Sat 08:00AM - 05:00PM
Sun 08:00AM - 03:00PM

Boston, MA

Southport Grocery and Cafe  Restaurant Reviews

• 07/02/2013 - A diner from Wildomar, CA tried it and liked it.
  • 09/20/2015 - A diner tried it.
Southport Grocery and Cafe is located near the cities of Pilsen, Armour Square, Near South Side, Mc Kinley Park, and Near West Side.
People found this by searching for: List Of Restaurants 60187, Southport Grocery, Lakeview Peruvian Grocer, Southport Grocery And Cafe, Groceries That Carry Gluten Free Products Lakeview, Peruvian Foods + Grocery + Chicago, Madison Virginia Restaurants Within Madison, Va, and Restaursnts New Lebanon Ohio Tipp City, Oh 45371.