717-392-9814

Tags: Cheesesteak, Carry-out, Takeout, American, Sandwiches, Pizza, and Subs
  • 2 dishes entered by diners at Speed's Sandwich Shop
  • 1 user wants to eat at Speed's Sandwich Shop
  • 1 user loves Speed's Sandwich Shop

Overall: 90%    Food: 90%    Service: 90%    Ambiance: 81%
Pros

• "Original Steaks and Cheeseburgers with lettuce, onion and mayo! Oh, the fries too!"
  • "I was born in NewYork but later Our fam.moved to Lancaster Pennsylvania. The 1st. Thing I learned about was speeds! They have the best steak sands.ever!! I was raised on S.ANN.ST.& Our church was rite across da st. 4rm speeds & we also had friend"
  • "Best cheese steaks!!!!"
  • " Best cheasesteaks ever, period."
  • "Hamburgers"
  • "Best cheesesteak in town"
  • "philly cheese steak"
  • "Delicious food!!!!"
Cons
  • "When calling its hard to get ahold of them."
  • "No cons"
  • "Small subs for lot of money"
  • "Nothing negative been going here since I was a kid thirty yrs ago n still love it"
  • " nothing"
  • "They are hard to get a hold of when calling."
Comments
  • "Great place to eat steaks"
  • " no"

Reviews for Speed's Sandwich Shop

• 3 reviews
  • First reviewed by Dynamyk

Great cheesesteak!

I’ve eaten MANY cheesesteaks, and the Speed steak is like no other. Simply great! A local favorite whose only real competition is Capt Gus & Campus Deli.
This is really a take out joint, they have 1 table but expect to take it with you. Unimpressive exterior, but don’t let that fool you.

Add/Show Comments (3)

THE BEST CHEESE STEAKS EVER

I GREW UP RIGHT ACROSS THE STREET FROM SPEEDS AND WE HAD THEIR STEAKS AT LEAST ONCE A WEEK. I AM NOW LIVING IN CHICAGO, BELIEVE ME NO ONE COMPARES TO SPEEDS. I WILL BE COMING FOR A VISIT IN SEPT. AND U CAN BET SPEEDS IS FIRST ON MY LIST. HAVEN’T HAD ONE IN 30 YEARS BUT I KNOW I WON’T BE LET DOWN . I’LL LET U KNOW. BUT AS FAR AS I’M CONCERNED THEY ARE NUMBER 1

Speed Steak Sandwich

August 12, 2008

One of the best cheese steaks in all of Lancaster

It's a toss up on who earns the title of best cheese steak in Lancaster, but Speeds is right up there as a very strong contender. Speeds is a Lancaster icon that I remember from my childhood. I'll keep eating there as long as they are…

Speed's Sandwich Shop is located near the cities of Bausman, Rohrerstown, Neffsville, East Hempfield, and Millersville.
People found this by searching for: Speeds Sub Shop Lancaster, Speed's Sandwich Shop, Speedy's Sandwich Shop Lancaster Pa, Speeds Lancaster Pa, Speeds Sandwich Shop, Speeds Steak Shop, Speed's Cheesesteaks, and Speeds In Lancaster.

Loves Speed's Sandwich Shop (1)

Bh6-u6hdwr35idaby-wxzo