Speedy Greens

8169 Brewerton Rd
Cicero, NY 13039-9515

Cuisine: Vegetarian, Vegan, Gluten Free

Speedy Greens is a Vegetarian, Vegan, and Gluten Free restaurant where most Menuism users came for fun with friends, paid more than $50, and tipped less than 15%.

holosrn photo

holosrn

Cicero, NY
Speedy Greens 4.0

New Organic Vegetarian Restaurant!

Finally an organic restaurant in Syracuse. The owner has been doing holistic healing for a long time and wanted to offer a healthy food alternative.
There is seating for up to 24 and take away.
The tables are real wood and the napkins are even cloth.
You get very personal service and excellent food.
The best seller is a spinach feta quiche.
I do a meal plan which includes 5 salads and 3 entrees. They only use the healthiest lettuce (red, green and mixed) – no iceberg or even romaine.
Many of the dishes happen to also be vegan.
They can be reached at 752 0333

Spinach Feta Quiche

This dish is very yummy. It is loaded with spinach and the feta adds a real nice touch.
I had the quinoa delight with this and it was a great combination.
The combination meal allowed me to add in one of their vegan carrot muffins as a treat (you will struggle to eat just one).

HungryVegetarian photo

HungryVegetarian

Syracuse, NY
Speedy Greens 1.0

Bland, yet overpriced.

This was my second time at Speedy Greens, as vegan/vegetarian food is sort of hard to come by around here. There won’t be a third.

The first time seemed okay – reminded me of my first forays into vegetarian eating. I ate everything, but was still hungry at the end of the lunch. Happens sometimes – whatever. I even bought a wrap to bring home to my wife as she was working at the time. She thought it was good, so I brought her there for dinner a month or so later.

My water glass was dusty and had a hair in it, but all in all – not that big of a deal. Asked for, and received a fresh, clean glass – which was landed upon by one of the fattest black flies I have ever seen in my life just sips later. I didn’t ask for a third, as I don’t like to be that guy. I realise a fly strip might clash with the lovely dollar-store decor, but as you will see, these folks don’t thrive on focus or pro-activity.

The portions are quite small, and for a place that calls themselves ‘speedy greens’ … it sure took a while to get our food, considering we were the only people in the restaurant.

Four dollars seems alot to me for a 3×5″ pbj, organic or not.

Four dollars for an “Ayurvedic Apple” surrounded by the ‘five tastes’ is just me buying into lame pretension. wtf was I thinking? It’s an apple, cored and cut. My mom would be proud to know that all those years she was creating an Ayurvedic balancing snack for me.

Eight dollars for a small patch of veggie lasagna that was admittedly, pretty yummy (reminiscent of the frozen Amy’s), but also quite tiny.

The salad was bleh. Seemed like wilted greens made soggy – no taste per se, but not altogether bad.

My wife said that her ‘spicy garlic’ dish had zero hint of garlic. I tasted and concurred. Dracula-safe. She asked the owner/line cook and was assured “that’s how it’s supposed to be”.

ok…

so aside from being just another overpriced, average vegetarian place, they manage to screw up the billing as well.

If you’re going to punish yourself by giving them a chance, pay cash, and pay close attention to your change.

They overcharged my credit card by $72, triggering a series of five overdraws at $25 apiece from my account.

Nice, eh?

When I spoke to Cathy, the owner, she told me “You didn’t have to use your card”, and that it wasn’t her fault that they (Speedy Greens) overcharged me.

Total charge for two meals at Speedy Greens? $160.

Nice, eh?

Veggie Lasagna

Decent flavor, WAY too small of a portion.

Came in the combo, (I think this dish is $8 by itself) with a salad and apples.

Vegetarian Vegan Takeout
Tue-Sat 11:00AM - 07:00PM

Speedy Greens  Restaurant Reviews

Speedy Greens is located near the cities of Toms River, North Syracuse, and Clay.
People found this by searching for: Speedy Greens Cicero Ny, Speedy Greens Syracuse Ny, Speedy Greens Restaurant, Speedy Greens, Speedy Greens Cicero, Real Greens Restaurant Cicero Ny, and Speedy Greens Syracuse.