Spiro's Hilltop Bistro & Bar

Cuisine: American, Bistro, French

Spiro's Hilltop Bistro & Bar is a American, Bistro, and French restaurant where most Menuism users came for a family meal, paid between $10 and $25, and tipped between 15% to 18%.

barnibear photo

Bartow, FL

Legend in the area

The “Hilltop” has been around as long as we can remember. Used to pass it leaving Charlotte on US74 through Monroe headed for “the beach” .. always in a rush. We finally got around to stopping after all these years. It just shows that with good service, good food and reasonable prices, a restaurant can stay around a long time! It was “all good” there, service, food — the “whole thing” was worth a little extra drive from Charlotte.

Homemade Vegetable Soup cup

This had great flavor, the vegetables were not mushy- very tasty.

Oyster Stew

Husband enjoyed this – creamy – touch of butter, good chewy oysters (not skimpy).

RibEye Steak Sandwich

this is 8 oz of grilled (or blackened) steak on toasted bun with mayo, lettuce, tomato (he asked they add sliced onion) – slaw and French fries – the boy got “full” (had to get take out, the oyster stew had already partly filled him up). said “good stuff.” (that’s a high compliment from him. I ate the leftovers later – I agree!

Classic Reuben

the brisket was sliced thin, piled high – lots of sauerkraut, swiss on toasted Rye – pickle/slaw/fries – I pigged out (but had leftovers too!) – top notch lunch -

AngelM photo

Monroe, NC

Not Happy :-((

This is the third time I have been here in a month where I thought this was the worst place I have ever been to eat. One time we had a reherrsal dinner here and nothing was set up like I was told there would be. Two of my boys who wasnt getting married had too to set it up. I ordered appitizers and none was brought out.We had to tell them everything, the manger wrote all down. The room was also to tight. They would not help with this. When it came time for the cake we had to go tell them it was time. I was angry at all of this.
Me and hubby came for a date night two seperate nights, one night the staff up front had some kind of drama issues. The same night they were playing with their cell phones and not focused on the thier customers. I ran out of tea more than once.
Another night we came I ordered Chicken Marsala and it tasted as if a box of salt was dumped on it. The garlic potatoes was cold. Told the waitress and she was like oh ok and walked off and didn’t seem to care.
I will say The Oyster Bar there has better service and never have any problems there.

Chicken Marsala

American Delivery Bistro

Spiro's Hilltop Bistro & Bar  Restaurant Reviews

• 12/13/2013 - A diner from Kannapolis, NC tried it and liked it. They liked the food.
  • 12/03/2014 - A diner from San Francisco, CA tried it and liked it. They liked the food and liked the service.
  • 06/29/2015 - A diner from Charlotte, NC tried it, liked it, and rated it 5 stars. They liked the food, liked the service, and liked the ambiance.
People found this by searching for: Spiro's Monroe, Nc, Spiros Restaurant Monroe Nc, Spiros Hilltop Bistro, Hilltop Oyster Bar Monroe Nc, Hilltop Restaurant Monroe, Hilltop Restaurant Monroe Nc, and Spiros Hilltop Restaurant.