Neighborhoods: Downtown Des Moines
Cuisine: Seafood, Caribbean, Bar

Splash is a Seafood, Caribbean, and Bar restaurant where most Menuism users came for a meal on the go, paid between $10 and $25, and tipped more than 18%.

BananaWoo photo

Minneapolis, MN

Color me Intrigued

Visited Splash for a birthday (yay Deanne!) and I was very interested by the restaurant style. It was a good intrigue, I think Splash and I had an almost instant rapport.

Located on the lower level corner of a large brick building, the outside had a cool trendy cornerside bar sort of feel. We sat in the oyster bar section to nosh on some apps and drink some beers before our next destination. The inside was painted a cool blue. Dark colored hightop tables filled the spaces on the tile floor. Small half windows (we were technically in the basement/LL) let just the right amount of light inside. One man in big rubber gloves shucked fresh oysters behind the bar, yum!

Everything was super tasty and super fresh. Jim and I went to town on the oysters. We also has a tuna app where the tuna was delicious, but the side seaweed salad is what really stuck out to me. Salty and cruchy, dressed with sesame oil and sesame seeds. Really simplistic, but dynamic at the same time. I have never had a seaweed salad like that ever.

Spash was a little pricey, hence the 4 stars, but at the same time we got what we wanted and were satisfied. I’m starting to convince myself that this should be 5 stars now. Whether it be four or five, Spash was unique and special. I can’t wait for the chance to go back!

allincorp photo

Miami, FL

Great restaurant however a litte on the expensive side.

If you are looking for above quality food, then this is the place for you. Splash restaurant is located close to the airport and offers a wonderful oyster bar for those who are into oysters. During my recent visit there I was able to try The Surf and Turf which was one of the tenderness fillet Mignon I had ever had. The prices however was a little pricey however the food was worth it and I will return again on my future visit to Iowa.

Filet Mignon

Wonderful great tasting dish, wonderful flavors excellent portions for the price.

Wolfie81 photo

Des Moines, IA

Pleasantly Surprised by the Quality

Our first outing to Splash for a quickie lunch blew us away.

I experienced the best New England Clam “Chowda” that ever I’ve tasted since leaving Boston/Maine. It was thick, creamy, full of clams and very tasty with a nice spice to it. With my lunch, I selected a glass of a very nice Sauvignon Blanc which took me by surprise as it was so fruity and silky on the palate yet finished crisp. My complements to the Sommeliere for this wonderful selection.

I ordered the San Francisco Style Fisherman’s Platter which was fresh, prepared perfectly, and of good size and exceptional quality. Carol had the Crab Cakes which she thought were good but she’d tasted better.

Finally, we went for dessert and I was surprised to see that in addition to the dessert selections there were very tempting selections of dessert wines by-the-glass to accompany. Carol had the Tea-Flavored Peach Sorbet which she adored and I had a very rich chocolate cake which was a chocoholic’s dream.

We’re definitely looking forward to coming back to try their dinner menu and their other wine choices.

San Francisco Style Fisherman's Platter

The San Francisco Style Fisherman’s Platter which was fresh, prepared perfectly, and of good size and exceptional quality.

Seafood Takeout Caribbean

Splash  Restaurant Reviews

People found this by searching for: Splash Restaurant In Des Moines Iowa, 5. Noah's Ark Restaurant & Fireside Lounge, Splash Des Moines Menu, Splash Des Moines, Splash Restaurant Des Moines, Splash Downtown Des Moines, and Splash Des Moines Cocktails.