910-791-9021

5500 Market St ( )

Wilmington, NC 28403

Description: Surf's Bar and Grill is a American restaurant where most Menuism users came for a family meal, paid between $10 and $25, and tipped less than 15%.
Tags: American
  • 2 dishes entered by diners at Surf's Bar and Grill

Reviews for Surf's Bar and Grill

GREAT PLACE

I went to Surfs last night after seeing a commercial that actually had a neighbor of mine in it. This was our first time we have been there and I have to say I was completely imnpressed. To start our server was wonderful. She made us feel very comfortable the minute we sat down. The restaurant was very busy and we were sat in the bar area at a booth that was large enough for 6 people. We had another couple with us and there was plenty of room for all of us to sit and be comfortable. ( not always the case). I have read all the reviews and I will say this – the corn bread they give you as part of your meal is by far the best I have ever tasted. The salads ( also included in your meal) were fresh and chilled. I hate when salads taste like they have been sitting around in the kitchen. I had a seafood pie that was incredible and HUGE. The other dinners at our table were a steak ( ordered med. and delivered med.), BBQ Baby Back Ribs ( which I tried – very good and fell off the bone), and a burger ( my wife said was one of the best she ever had). They say the burgers are 10 ounces and it sure was, she could only eat half. As I mentioned we sat in the bar area and it was slighly loud because it was busy but it was also lively and fun. I could over hear the conversation at the bar, in particular between two couples one of them self-discribed " regulars" and the other couple saying they " are regulars now". I must say when I heard that I agreed. All in all really fun place, great food and the four of us had dinner and drinks for a little over $ 20 each. I will be going back – maybe tonight

2.0

No Customer Service..Unless You like Football

Ok, my husband and I eat out, we love it, we love food,we love different atmospheres and the all around experience of a good day/night of dinning. So we had a coupon book, I bought it at my daughter’s daycare, and we decided to try Surf’s Bar and Grill out since we had a coupon, the coupon seemed to take a away some of the “risk” of trying a new place. We walked in and my first impression was “hm this could be good”. The place was decorated nicely, very contemporary and it fit the name of the place well. We were greeted by a hostess who didn’t particularly like her job and she proceeded to seat us in the bar area….note: this is a Sunday afternoon when the bar is FILLED with sports freaks who are hooting at the various TVs and pouning the beer. She didn’t ask us if this was ok and then made it worse by seating us in what I think was the MOST undesireable table in the whole place, right beside the entrance, so I could see all the cars in the parking lot, everyone coming in, and I was right behind the sports fans who were not quiet. Looking around it wasn’t the cleanest, the drink menu was DISGUSTING, I don’t think it had EVER been cleaned and the sanitation score was a 96.5..thats just ok if you ask me and I normally would pick a place with a grade like that, but hey, we had a coupon.
A waitress came over after a minute or so (within the 2 minute time limit for greeting a table) we got our water and tea fairly promptly then we asked her for a couple minutes before we decided. She came back about 5 minutes later, way too long and we ordered appetizers (as a meal so we could try a few various things on the menu) and I noticed bloody marys are a Sunday special so I ordered one of those and my husband ordered a cup of Chedder Soup to start as well. He got his “soup” quickly and it was below average, it was awful actually. It was like someone had squirted cheese wiz in a cup and heated it up, it wasn’t soup, it was a glob of cheese basially. Then after about 10 minutes our food came…yet my bloody mary was no where to be found. I didn’t mention it because by this point I didn’t want it. We ordered Chicken Spring Rolls and the Crab Dip. the spring rolls were good, but should have been called southwest egg rolls because that is what they are, and they were served with this sweet and sour chile sauce but shouldn’t have been, the sauce in no way went with the rolls. It would have been better served with maybe an avocado ranch sauce to help with the spicy compontent. The crab dip was ok, not nearly enough crab meat but the flavor of the cream it was in was ok, just ok. It had been about 10 minutes since we got our food and the waitress finally came back and I got the chance to ask for ranch dressing, which made the spring rolls better but still never got my drink. Finally when we were done, here she comes with my drink and said “we make our own mix so we had to make some”..this bothered me almost more than anything because for a drink to be on SPECIAL you would think they’d have enough mix made to last all day..right? And when I finally tasted this drink I wanted so bad and waited so long for, it was HORRIBLE, it tasted like watered down bloody mary mix with about 30% tobasco and old bay seasoning…gross. The best one in town so far is the one at Dockside at Wrightsville Beach and that is where I will go next time to have one. I have over ten years experience as a server/bartender and I feel like I have enought knowledge of this industry to have an opinion. Then she saw we had our plates stacked ( I did as much cleaning of the table as I could considering she never pre-bussed once and I knew I wasn’t leaving her a good tip so I would rather clean my own mess) she said “are you done”, well, DUH, hence the plates that are stacked on this table you need to clear, yet we still had to ask for the check. While waiting on that I decided to see how the bathrooms were, they were fairly clean, and to made them more useful the owner’s decided to add a TV on the wall so while you wash your hands you can watch TV???? Must be for the sports fans. So I returned and the check still hadn’t come, but when it did I saw that she didn’t add the drink, which was great but she still didn’t speak of it or even apologize for the extreme delay. So finally we paid and got out of there….which is what I am sure she was trying to do since I could see she was more concerned with the silverware being done than waiting on her table.

Crab Dip

Spring Rolls

Surf's Bar and Grill is located near the cities of Cape Fear, Wilm, and Belville.
People found this by searching for: Surfs Restaurant Market St, Surfs Bar And Grille Wilmington Nc, Surf Restaurant In Wilmington Nc, Surfs Bar And Grill Willimington, Nc, Best Bloody Mary In Wilmington Nc, Surf's Bar And Grille Wilmington Nc Menu, Surfs Restaurant Wilmington Nc, and Surf Restaurant Wilmington Nc.

Featured in Wilmington