Sushi Kim Restaurant

412-281-9956

1241 Penn Ave ( )

Pittsburgh, PA 15222

Neighborhoods: Strip District

Tags: Korean, Lunch specials, Teriyaki, Dinner, Takeout, Asian, Barbecue, Delivery, Good for groups, and Open 7 Days
  • 2 dishes entered by diners at Sushi Kim Restaurant

Editorial Review by Gayot »

Sushi Kim Restaurant

4.0

Not a Fan of Sushi, but Sushi Kim is Great

I am quickly becoming fond of all the different varieties of Asian cuisine Pittsburgh offers. Although, with all this variety, it can be difficult to pick a favorite. I’m starting a Top Five Fav list and Sushi Kim is definitely on it. I had a sample of their cuisine at the Cathedral of Learning’s open house and was overly excited when a few days after, my friend decided she wanted to try them out.
I order the Beef Gyoza and Beef Bulgogi. According to the waitress, bulgogi is a traditional Korean dish. But, according to other sources, its origins are not clearly defined. According to my taste buds, it doesn’t really matter; the bulgogi was delicious.
The service was a bit slow for my taste. We had a group of 8 but the rest of the restaurant did not appear to be particularly bustling. It seemed like our waitress came around for only the necessary things: order taking, order delivery, plate clearing, and the check. I had a few moments where I wanted more water but missed her when she came around.
Overall I give Sushi Kim 4 menus.

Beef Bulgogi

Essentially it’s thin pieces of beef marinated and served with onions and scallions with a side of steamed rice. The onion was a bit overpowering if you’re not a fan of it. I am a fan and toward the end of the dish I started pushing some of it aside.

Beef Gyoza

The gyoza was the best version of steam/fried dumplings that I have ever had. As a self proclaimed gyoza dumpling connoisseur, I can’t resist trying the gyoza everywhere it is served. I had not heard of beef gyoza before but I must admit, I was very pleasantly surprised that the slightly crunchy doughy wonton-like wrapper held such a tasty meat filling.

Sushi Kim Restaurant is located near the cities of Pgh, Downtown, Mount Washington, Strip District, and Mt Washington.
People found this by searching for: Sushi Kim District Pittsburgh, Sushi Kim Review, Sushi Strip District, Sushi Kim Menu, Korean Restaurant Penn Ave Pittsburg, Sushi Kim Pittsburgh Menu, and Sushi Kim Strip District.

Sonoma Grille

American in Central Business District

Atria's

Listed On

My Restaurant Rotation by AndyLiang

Note: Never leave without the generous portion of green tea or mango ice cream for $1.99

Dishes: All you can eat Korean BBQ