Sushi Kim Restaurant

Nase photo

Pittsburgh, PA
Sushi Kim Restaurant 4.0

Not a Fan of Sushi, but Sushi Kim is Great

I am quickly becoming fond of all the different varieties of Asian cuisine Pittsburgh offers. Although, with all this variety, it can be difficult to pick a favorite. I’m starting a Top Five Fav list and Sushi Kim is definitely on it. I had a sample of their cuisine at the Cathedral of Learning’s open house and was overly excited when a few days after, my friend decided she wanted to try them out.
I order the Beef Gyoza and Beef Bulgogi. According to the waitress, bulgogi is a traditional Korean dish. But, according to other sources, its origins are not clearly defined. According to my taste buds, it doesn’t really matter; the bulgogi was delicious.
The service was a bit slow for my taste. We had a group of 8 but the rest of the restaurant did not appear to be particularly bustling. It seemed like our waitress came around for only the necessary things: order taking, order delivery, plate clearing, and the check. I had a few moments where I wanted more water but missed her when she came around.
Overall I give Sushi Kim 4 menus.

Beef Bulgogi at Sushi Kim Restaurant

Beef Bulgogi

Essentially it’s thin pieces of beef marinated and served with onions and scallions with a side of steamed rice. The onion was a bit overpowering if you’re not a fan of it. I am a fan and toward the end of the dish I started pushing some of it aside.

Beef Gyoza

The gyoza was the best version of steam/fried dumplings that I have ever had. As a self proclaimed gyoza dumpling connoisseur, I can’t resist trying the gyoza everywhere it is served. I had not heard of beef gyoza before but I must admit, I was very pleasantly surprised that the slightly crunchy doughy wonton-like wrapper held such a tasty meat filling.

Korean Lunch specials Teriyaki

Grand Concourse

Steak in South Shore

Braddock's American Brasserie

American in Central Business District

Sushi Kim Restaurant is located near the cities of Pgh, Downtown, Mount Washington, Strip District, and Mt Washington.
People found this by searching for: Sushi Kim Review, Strip District Suishi, Sushi Kim Menu + Pittsburgh, Sushi Kim Menu, Sushi Kim Pittsburgh Menu, Sushi Strip District, Sushi Kim Strip District, Sushi Eateries In The Strip District In Pittsburgh Pa, and Korean Restaurant Penn Ave Pittsburg.