Sushi Kinoya

562-598-8169

5521 E Stearns St ( )

Long Beach, CA 90815-3125

Neighborhoods: Los Altos

Tags: Japanese, Sushi, Sushi Bars, Long Beach, Good For Kids, Takeout, and Good for groups
  • 1 dish entered by diners at Sushi Kinoya

Reviews for Sushi Kinoya

• 2 reviews
  • First reviewed by j44lee
Sushi Kinoya

Long Beach sushi at its finest

KINOYA = YUMMYLICIOUS (Good call, Yuki!)

I didn’t know what came over me. I NEVER order rolls from a sushi place – then again, I NEVER eat at a table, either. That said, I gotta get this out of the way:

1. I think it’s kind of a travesty for anyone to come to a reputable sushi joint and load up on rolls or other fusioney stuff. If it’s a taste preference, do your thang! If the idea of raw fish scares you, get over it and experience the goodness that is sashimi~
2. I always sit at the bar so that I can chat with the taisho, see the food preparations, and enjoy the full nigiri/sashimi experience.

OK…on with the review!

FOODVERY GOOD.*
1. My selection: I ordered the albacore roll, salmon skin roll, and spicy scallop roll. Everything was DANG GOOD. These babies were on the small side, but packed a big punch. I liked that they didn’t over-do it on rice and incorporated sufficient “stuffing” – all very fresh and perfectly sauced.

2. Lots of daily/nightly specials and fresh catches of the day. VERY CREATIVE specials, at that. You have to check it out for yourself.

3. Lovely presentation and garnishment. Each dish was edible art.

EXCELLENT SERVICE***
1. NICE: Our server, a very cute and sweet Korean gal, was very thoughtful and accommodating to our large party (14 of us Sapporo/Kirin-lovers).

She even said good bye to us after closing as we were loafing around outside and she was walking to her car.

2. SEPARATE CHECKS: She didn’t show any sign of malice when she asked if we wanted separate tabs, to which we sheepishly affirmed. In any other setting, I’m sure this kind of request would warrant a lashing or additional premium to the party. What a doll – she even kept track of our beverages, which we ordered before we asked for separate checks!

3. FREE FOOD (or, as we Koreans call it, "service"*): yup – they sent over a nice plate of ankimo for every 4 persons (about 4 plates) in our party. They even gave Yuki and Chris (apparently, the biggest spenders) a freebie sashimi salad comprised of assorted fresh fish, cilantro, onion, and tomato in ponzu sauce. Refreshing!

LOVELY AMBIANCE*** Clean, perfectly dimmed lighting, simple and classic feel. Kinoya felt more like a stand alone boutique sushi place on Melrose rather than a random spot in the same strip mall with neighbors Chronic Taco and some furniture store.

I would DEFINITELY COME BACK.

• Koreans may call it “service” but we pronounce it “seo-biss-su”! LOL

February 23, 2010

Sushi loves you

I love this place. I finally found my favorite sushi place. Staff was very accomodating and excellent service.

Sushi Kinoya is located near the cities of Long Beach Lakewood and Signal Hill.
People found this by searching for: Sushi Kinoya Reviews., Sushi Kinoya Menu, Sushi Kinoya, Sushi Kinoya Long Beach, Kinoya Sushi, Sushi Kinoya Menu Long Beaach, Sushi Kinoya Long Beach Ca, and Sushi Kinoya Long Beach Menu.

Featured in Long Beach