Suzy Wong's House of Yum

4.0 rating over 1 review
1515 Church St
Nashville, TN 37203

Cuisine: Asian, Gluten Free, Vegan

Suzy Wong's House of Yum is a Asian, Gluten Free, and Vegan restaurant where most Menuism users came for fun with friends, paid less than $10, and tipped between 15% to 18%.

JamieLR photo

JamieLR

Nashville, TN
Suzy Wong's House of Yum 4.0

Not what you'd expect for late-night, but good

When I first heard about this place, it was in one of the gay bars next door. My friends and I thought it sounded interesting—late-night Chinese??? We’re so there!—but when we got there and looked at the menu, it wasn’t exactly what we expected; more upscale than the Chinese buffet or takeout-style that we thought it would be. Which wasn’t a bad thing, but it wasn’t what we were in the mood for (late-night munchies are supposed to be a little skeevy, after all!), plus it was raining outside and it was FREEZING inside the restaurant, so we decided not to stay.

I recently went back with a large group, however, and was pleasantly surprised. The service was a little slow, but that’s to be expected with a large group, and they did bring everything out at the same time. Everyone really enjoyed their food, and the bits of others’ dishes that I tried were really tasty. I got the sweet and sour chicken, and I will say that you will definitely need a side of rice—the noodles in the description are not an actual side, they’re a coating for the chicken.

Sweet and Sour Chicken with crispy noodles

It was very tasty, but the title was a bit misleading—the noodles are a coating for the chicken instead of a side, so you will need a side of rice for sure.

Suzy Wong's House of Yum 4.0
iPhone dining journal

Mix pad Thai and curry dish

Mix pad Thai and curry dish

Black royale drink

Thai chili wings with wasabi blue cheese dip

Pad Thai

Buy Now 40% off
Image-5836378-10804307
Asian Good for groups Takeout

From OpenTable:

In the 1960 film by Ray Stark, The World of Suzie Wong tells the story of a love affair between an expatriate American architect in Hong Kong and Suzie Wong, a beautiful high-end prostitute.

In the film, east and west meet in Suzie's house of decadence. On Church Street, two worlds meld in a brothel of epicurean delight – Suzy Wong's House of Yum.

Owner? Claim The Menu

Suzy Wong's House of Yum  Restaurant Reviews

People found this by searching for: Suzy Wong S House Of Yum, Suzy Wong House Of Yum Gluten Free Menu, Suzy Wong House Of Yum, Suzy Wong House Of Yum Menu, Suzy Wong's House Of Yum, Suzy Wong House Of Yum Delivery, Suzie Wong's House Of Yum, and What Is Next Door To Suzy Wong's House Of Yum.