Taco & Tequila Cantina Grill

131 E John St
Matthews, NC 28105-4841

Cuisine: Grill, Mexican, Latin American

Taco & Tequila Cantina Grill is a Grill, Mexican, and Latin American restaurant where most Menuism users came for a romantic date, paid between $10 and $25, and tipped more than 18%.

Overall
Pros
"No pros. Had a groupon. "
"Waitress was great. The rest of the experience was awful. Will not go back. Food was horrible. "
"The waitress was very friendly and answered our questions about the menu. "
"My first thought when arriving at the restaurant was: "This probably won't be too good" Since there were not many cars parked outside. But I can definitely say that I thought wrong because the food is GREAT! Our waiter was very nice and help"
Cons
"Waitress was very anti social. Her counterpart at the bar was a bit scary and way under dressed. Very tight skirt and low cut shirt that was more revealing than anyone would want. It's great that tattoos are part of you - I, nor do my wife and young c"
"Food was bad. Host and hostess unorganized and confused."
"The service was extremely slow. We waited over an hour for our food. The good wasn't that great. The specialty drink-coronita was warm. They were out of several menu items. The manager did not discount the bill whatsoever after our negative experience"
"The place looks a little bit old outside but inside it is completely different."
Comments
"Go for the groupon. If not, it's not worth it. Terrible service all around. "
"Their inspection rating of 93.5 should have been my tip off."
"Don't waste your time. "
"The burrito tequila, the aguachiles, and what I think was the Snapper are good plates that I would recommend. "
Taco & Tequila Cantina Grill 1.0

HORRIBLE!!!

Had the worst restaurant experience ever tonight. Taco and Tequila in Matthews is a BIG no no… Party of 20 with reservations at 6 finally sat ourselves at 7:20. The bar tender, lisa, was the only person willing to serve us. She busted her butt btw and went home jobless. After watching my entire party finish their food one at a time and still not receiving mine, I went to speak to a manager (who ended up being the owner). His response to this was this. “Your lucky, if you went to cheese cake factory you would have waited 4 hours” and “You look like people that just don’t want to pay for their food anyway”. After explaining to this man that we have no problem paying for our meals, except for the one I never received, he continued with the attitude and ended up yelling at the waitress for waiting on us at all. We left with waitress crying and owner hiding in the kitchen… hands down worst restaurant ever!!

Don't remember

Id review it if i ever received it. owner said he was to busy to accommodate all our orders after 19 of my party had already finished eating.

Taco & Tequila Cantina Grill 5.0

A surprize Thursday.

We were given a gift certificate for this restaurant. Had eaten at this locati9n before but was a different restaurant. Walked in and thought it was typical Mexican. Our hostess seated us quickly. Our waitress took our drink order and came back right away. we said we needed more time. She obliged. We ordered and a man walked thru with a guitar. He went to the other room and started playing. he seemed to be a big hit in the other room. After our food came he came and sat right beside us. our food came and it was very good. The man started to play. it was amazing. He was so good he played everything from The eagles to johnny Mathis. Great food wonderful entertainment couldn’t ask for more Thanks so much for a great Thursday night.

Don't remember

Husband had a giant salad with steak I had some kind of chicken with all the mex trimmings Very good

$10 Gift Certificate

Buy Now 60% off
Image-5836378-10451612
Grill Mexican Dinner

Taco & Tequila Cantina Grill  Restaurant Reviews

• 07/16/2013 - A diner from Matthews, NC tried it, liked it, and rated it 5 stars. They liked the food, liked the service, and liked the ambiance.
    Pros: 'My first thought when arriving at the restaurant was: "This probably won't be too good" Since there were not many cars parked outside. But I can definitely say that I thought wrong because the food is GREAT! Our waiter was very nice and help'
    Cons: 'The place looks a little bit old outside but inside it is completely different.'
    Comments: 'The burrito tequila, the aguachiles, and what I think was the Snapper are good plates that I would recommend. '
  • 09/07/2013 - A diner from Charlotte, NC tried it, didn't like it, and rated it 2 stars. They didn't like the food, didn't like the service, and didn't like the ambiance.
    Pros: 'The waitress was very friendly and answered our questions about the menu. '
    Cons: 'The service was extremely slow. We waited over an hour for our food. The good wasn't that great. The specialty drink-coronita was warm. They were out of several menu items. The manager did not discount the bill whatsoever after our negative experience'
    Comments: 'Don't waste your time. '
  • 09/11/2013 - A diner from Mc Intosh, AL tried it.
  • 02/01/2014 - A diner tried it, didn't like it, and rated it 1 star. They didn't like the food, didn't like the service, and didn't like the ambiance.
    Pros: 'Waitress was great. The rest of the experience was awful. Will not go back. Food was horrible. '
    Cons: 'Food was bad. Host and hostess unorganized and confused.'
    Comments: 'Their inspection rating of 93.5 should have been my tip off.'
  • 07/21/2014 - A diner from San Francisco, CA tried it, liked it, and rated it 5 stars. They liked the food, liked the service, and liked the ambiance.
  • 09/19/2014 - A diner from San Francisco, CA tried it, didn't like it, and rated it 1 star. They didn't like the food, didn't like the service, and didn't like the ambiance.
    Pros: 'No pros. Had a groupon. '
    Cons: 'Waitress was very anti social. Her counterpart at the bar was a bit scary and way under dressed. Very tight skirt and low cut shirt that was more revealing than anyone would want. It's great that tattoos are part of you - I, nor do my wife and young c'
    Comments: 'Go for the groupon. If not, it's not worth it. Terrible service all around. '
  • 06/06/2015 - A diner from San Francisco, CA tried it, didn't like it, and rated it 1 star. They didn't like the food, didn't like the service, and didn't like the ambiance.
Taco & Tequila Cantina Grill is located near the cities of Virginia Beach and Stallings.
People found this by searching for: Taco & Tequila Cantina Grill Menu, Tacos And Tequila Menu Matthews Nc, Tacos And Tequila Matthews, Tacos And Tequila In Matthews Nc, Tacos And Tequils Matthews Nc, Matthews Tacos And Tequila Hours, Teqila & Tacos Matthews Nc, Tacos And Tequila Matthews Nc, and Taco & Tequila Cantina Grill.