Tang's Chinese Restaurant

3.8 rating over 1 review

847-548-8882

111 Us Highway 45 ( )

Grayslake, IL 60030-2203

Description: Tang's Chinese Restaurant is a Chinese and Asian restaurant where most Menuism users came for a meal on the go and paid between $25 and $50.
Tags: Chinese, Asian, Good for groups, Good For Kids, Takeout, Online Ordering, and Delivery
  • 3 dishes entered by diners at Tang's Chinese Restaurant

Reviews for Tang's Chinese Restaurant

Tang's Chinese Restaurant

HIGH PRICES-BAD FOOD-EMERGENCY ROOM VISIT

If you have Ramen Noodles, Uncle Ben’s Rice and vinegar in your pantry, eat that instead! Normally my fiance and I go to a place in Grayslake that’s right by Jewel on 120 (name left out to ensure validity of this review and not to seem like an advertisement) but a few days ago we decided to order from Tang’s because they deliver and we had never tried it. We were both COMPLETELY disappointed! For starters, the food was overpriced for the quality. ($30 for General Tso’s, Chicken Lo Mein and Crab Rangoons.) We live less than 5 minutes away from this place and it took over an hour for our food to show up. As if that wasn’t already enough disappointment we opened the bag…and that’s when we realized we had just been robbed. The General Tso’s Chicken was undercooked to the point that the breading was mushy, the chicken was fatty and the sauce had way too much vinegar base. The bed of broccoli that it lays on was about 5 florets. The Chicken Lo Mein was probably the worst let down. It was very clearly Ramen Noodles that had been “dressed up” with very plain pieces of chicken, water chestnuts and cabbage; it was also extremely mushy (over boiled). The Crab Rangoons were actually cream cheese filled rangoons with no crab, which would have been okay with me except that they too were undercooked and the crust was doughy. The saving grace could have been the white rice, which should be sticky rice but I’m fairly certain it was Uncle Ben’s.
But hey, they gave us an extra fortune cookie…which was extremely stale.

And after all of that disappointment and about 9 hours later, I was taking my fiance (who actually ate the General Tso’s because he was just that hungry) to the emergency room. He had been getting sick throughout the night and finally conceded that he needed medical attention. He had food poisoning. I should have known something was up when the dog wouldn’t even it. Don’t worry, he’s okay now, and can finally eat cheese sandwiches without getting sick.

I had to give this place a star rating in order to save this review, but unfortunately zero was not an option. Please do not be deceived by the 1 star!

General Tso's

Chicken Lo Mein

Crab Rangoon

see overall review

Tang's Chinese Restaurant is located near the cities of Hainesville, Round Lake Park, Wildwood, Third Lake, and Gages Lake.
People found this by searching for: Tangs Grayslake Il, Tangs Grayslake, Tangs Grayslake Menu, Tang's Chinese Restaurant Menu, Tangs Menu Grayslake, Tang's Chinese Restaurant Grayslake Il, and Tang's Chinese Restaurant.

Featured in Grayslake