322 John Ringling Blvd ( )
Sarasota, FL 34236
Neighborhoods: St. Armands
April 29, 20112.0
After three visits to ATaste of Italy, my husband and I have pledged to never go there again. Although the food was fresh and tasted good, we left with a “bad taste in our mouths” for the last time.
1. The owner was rude and unprofessional when he stopped a person from using his restroom because the person was not a “paying customer.” This was followed by a complaint about how much the water bill costs him each month…something you have to take into account when running a business on an upscale island on Florida’s west coast.
2. A $9.00 calzone did not come with dipping sauce, and we were charged $1.00 for about 2 Tablespoons. Stingy business practice.
3. When we ordered water, we were told that they had only bottled water unless we wanted it from “the sink.” Not very good presentation. SO, we ordered soda, and the menu stated clearly that was ONLY 1 FREE REFILL. And when the glasses came almost full of ice with a little soda squeezed in the cracks, I felt another dose of Stingy vibe. As a side note I saw the waitress open a bottle of water and split it between two ladies sitting at the next table. A few sips each at the end of a long, hot Florida sunny day won’t go very far.
4. There was only ONE waitress for the whole place. She was responsible for every table…around 8 tables at point. She worked very hard and we were sure to tip her well, not punishing her for her boss’ behavior, but everything took a long time.
5. We were there over an hour and a half…..waiting for one calzone and one pizza, which, along with our two sodas, ran us over $33.00 BEFORE tip.
In short: too much time and too much money for not enough value, customer service, and professionalism.
Try CARAGUILO’S on Palm Avenue in Sarasota
These dishes from the Taste Of Italy menu are contributed by Menuism users directly, as part of a restaurant review, or as part of an image upload.