Taste of Texas Restaurant

10505 Katy Fwy
Houston, TX 77024

Neighborhoods: Memorial
Cuisine: Steakhouse, American, Steak

Taste of Texas Restaurant is a Steakhouse, American, and Steak restaurant where most Menuism users came for a romantic date, paid between $10 and $25, and tipped more than 18%.

Overall
thehifidoc photo

thehifidoc

Houston, TX
Taste of Texas Restaurant 5.0

The Best Steak In Texas

Friday Night My wife and I were treated to a lovely dinner celebrating her home coming, at the Taste of Texas By Dr. Don Abdo and his bride Donna. It is difficult to describe how great this dinner was. The appetizer of crispy bread wafers with a jalepeno jelly and Cream Cheese was great. But then you have one of teh freshest well stocked salad bars in Houston. The Asiago Cheese rolls are to die for and I will not even mention the Jalepeno Cheese Corn bread. Then came my 10oz filet with garlic butter and lemon pepper, you could cut it with a fork. I topped that off with a fully loaded baked potato. Kristen T was our attentive waitress. When she brought around the dessert tray, with some 10 fabulous items on it, the pressure was almost too much. We chose to have the Creme Broulet with assorted berries to eat there, but we also took home the famous snickers pie. (along with the rest of the steak and potato that I could not eat after the large salad and cheese rolls) It took 2 meals for my wife and I to finish off the snikers pie. (its that large and that rich) I have eaten here more than 20 times over 20 years. It is better than Ruth’s Chris, Morton’s, Sullivan’s and the Brownstone. It is a little noisier than those other places due to the high ceilings. You will wait for up to an hour on Friday and Saturday night, if you come after 5PM, but they have a nice waiting area with free chips, popcorn, Ice Tea and soft drinks. Owned by Famed Talk Show Host Edd Hendee and his Nina, You could spend more money in many other palces, but not as good a meal or better service.

Filet Mignon

Then came my 10oz filet with garlic butter and lemon pepper, you could cut it with a fork. It nearly melts in your mouth. I have never had a better one and I eat a lot of steak.

Otoro photo

Otoro

Houston, TX
Taste of Texas Restaurant 4.0

My ribeye was over cooked, but they have a great salad ba...

My ribeye was over cooked, but they have a great salad bar and dessert.

Steakhouse American Special Occasion
Mon-Thu 11:00AM - 10:00PM
Fri 11:00AM - 11:00PM
Sat 03:30PM - 11:00PM

Taste of Texas Restaurant  Restaurant Reviews

• 07/19/2013 - A diner from Houston, TX tried it.
  • 11/28/2013 - A diner tried it and liked it.
  • 04/16/2014 - A diner tried it.
  • 05/13/2014 - A diner tried it, liked it, and rated it 5 stars. They liked the food, liked the service, and liked the ambiance.
  • 06/29/2014 - A diner tried it.
  • 07/24/2014 - A diner tried it.
  • 08/13/2014 - A diner tried it.
  • 08/15/2014 - A diner tried it.
  • 09/08/2014 - A diner tried it, liked it, and rated it 5 stars. They liked the food, liked the service, and liked the ambiance.
  • 09/18/2014 - A diner tried it.
  • 10/12/2014 - A diner tried it, liked it, and rated it 5 stars. They liked the food, liked the service, and liked the ambiance.
  • 05/05/2015 - A diner tried it.
Taste of Texas Restaurant is located near the cities of Houston Texas, Clutch City, and Olean.
People found this by searching for: Taste Of Texas Restaurant, Taste Of Texas Restaurant In Houston, Texas, Park Slope Restaurants Best Of The Borough, Taste Of Texas Restaurant Houston Tx, Taste Of Texas Resturant, Great Taste Of Texas Restaurant Menu, Taste Of Texas Restaurant Houston, Taste Of Texas Kids Menu, and A Taste Of Texas Restaurant Houston.