952-358-6100

6740 France Ave S ( )

Edina, MN 55435-1901

Description: Tavern on France is a Bar, Catering, and Lunch restaurant where most Menuism users came for fun with friends, paid between $10 and $25, and tipped between 15% to 18%.
Tags: Bar, Parking, Outdoor seating, Good For Kids, Catering, Wifi, Dinner, Lunch, Good for groups, and Breakfast
  • 1 dish entered by diners at Tavern on France

Reviews for Tavern on France

Third Time's a Charm?

This particular piece of real estate has not had much luck in the past few years. First there was Uno pizza, then Cafe Via and now Tavern on France. My sister and I would watch as the countdown sign posted out front slowly ticked down to the Tavern’s opening day (it’s on our route to work, we weren’t really that excited for the place to open). Amazingly, the Tavern opened relatively on time and looked busy on their first day.

The outside hasn’t changed much. The Tavern on France still features a large patio that looks out over beautiful France Avenue (harhar). Actually, the patio is nicely decorated and fairly quiet considering its right next to a busy street. I never visited Café Via or Uno for that matter so I’m not sure what all is new, but I can tell you the patio is nicely decorated with waterfalls, fire pits, lounge chairs, a bar and tables with umbrellas. I didn’t see much of the inside, but it was dark and cool, a very relaxed but classy atmosphere.

We were greeted by a mass of hostesses who all said hi, but allowed us to walk out to the patio without informing us that we needed to be seated by said hostesses. As we started to walk back inside we were intercepted by yet another hostess who found us a table. The outside was relatively busy with a mix of older couples, younger business people groups and the filming crew of Twin Cities Live who I think videotaped a lot of the back of my head.

Our visit included happy hour and some apps. Their beer menu was decent, mostly American beers, but they also had a wine and specialty drink menu. I was also prepared to join the ‘Tavern Club’, #1 because I like being a part of clubs (not really) and #2 you get $3.50 25oz beers and 20% off all food items all the time! We did indeed get these discounts, but we didn’t technically join anything. Hm…still a little confused, but if they’re giving me the deals anyways why make more work. All in all our meal of waffle fries and cheap mugs of beer worked out. Waffle fries can’t be bad and the Tavern’s weren’t bad so, success, right? They came with this really delicious ranchy sauce too. The beer was okay, but my Weiss was a little on the flat side. The grand total came to a little over $14 for a large basket of fries, and 75oz of beer. Thumbs up.

I plan on going back, not only for patio and beer time but also to try their food. The food around us looked super good, I was gawking a little. The menu features daily soup specials, flatbread pizzas, build-a-pizza (build-a-salad and build-a-burger also options, oooo!), salads, sandwiches, pasta, burgers and desserts as well as some specialty entrees. Prices average about $10-$12 per person.

T on F also serves a Sunday brunch buffet every Sunday from 10am to 2pm. Some of the food items include garlic mashed potatoes with gravy, fresh carved roast beef, made-to-order omelets, fresh skillet caramel rolls and assorted fresh fruit. Adults pay $13.99 and kids 12 and under pay $5.99. Maybe the Tavern of France finally got it right. Could you be my new local watering hole? We’ll see.

Add/Show Comments (2)

Tavern on France

Large bar/seating area in front and large seating area in back. Outdoor patio with fire pit. Decent beer/wine selection and specialty drinks. American style menu with apps, entrees, pasta, build your own sections for salads, burgers and pizza. They even have little notepads with lists of toppings if you want to write down your order check box style. Very nice for making a vegan salad. Outstanding service.

Custom Salad

Very large salad made exactly as I ordered it, with sunflower seeds, cucumber, carrots, snow peas and balsamic dressing. All salads served with romaine and spring lettuce mix.

great place

had a good time….good food, cold beer, sunshine, what more do you need? Good service, reasonable prices. Go there you’ll be glad you did.

May 2, 2010

Great Burger!

We love this place you get a great burger and beer for a great price. also call a head 30 minutes ahead to get a patio spot!

May 2, 2010

Great Local Place

This is a great new restaurant near Southdale - I've never had a bad meal! Stick with the burgers, pizzas, and salads, though. Call ahead to put your name on the list to avoid the wait and get a seat on the patio if possible. Also, if…

Tavern on France is located near the cities of Cholavaram.
People found this by searching for: Tavern On France Edina, Tavern On France Edina Mn, Tavern On France, Tavern In Edina, Tavern On France Patio, Tavern On France Menu, Tavern On Grand Edina, Park Tavern On France, and Tavern On France Nutrition Information.

Salut Bar Americain