Call 2196 Cheshire Bridge Rd Ne
Atlanta, GA 30324
Neighborhoods: Lindridge - Martin Manor

Cuisine: Greek, Desserts, Seafood

Taverna Plaka is a Greek, Desserts, and Seafood restaurant where most Menuism users came for a family meal, paid more than $50, and tipped between 15% to 18%.

RynnCP photo

RynnCP

Chattanooga, TN

Disappointed

We have been to Taverna Plaka a number of times on trips to Atlanta. We live in a town that doesn’t have decent Greek food, and TP never failed to please…until last night. It was our one year wedding anniversary and we chose TP because we’d loved it so much before. The first disappointment was that the bar didn’t have any Tsiporo, which my husband loves. The bartender was wonderful, and we enjoyed talking with him. I think the wine prices are way too high, probably to compensate for the relatively inexpensive ‘martinis’. We ordered the red pepper dip to eat with our drinks. A good sized bowl of it came, but with only one pita bread cut into four wedges. We got more bread, but it did seem odd. My first taste of the dip was astonishing. If I hadn’t been told it was red pepper dip, I would have sworn I was eating off the shelf pimento cheese spread. Not nearly enough feta, and obviously bottled red peppers that didn’t taste roasted. After perusing the drastically reduced menu (which has probably 20 or so ‘mezes’ (small bites, I think…appetizers, in other words … and about 12 main dishes) we considered going somewhere else, and really we should have. We were seated inside, at our request, though it was clear they wanted to seat us on the patio. The evening was hot and muggy, and outside didn’t seem like a great place to be to us. Our waiter was an experience. It really seemed he was drunk. We finally ended up settling on lamb kabobs (two skewers of about 4 pieces each, overcooked, with a few tiny pieces of overcooked veggies) which were served on a pita with a mound of tzatziki. No side. We filled in with the shrimp and feta. The shrimp was actually quite good. We also had lemon roasted potatoes — as an appetizer?? The potatoes were undercooked and tasteless. Our bartender had told us they’d remodeled recently, and had new cooks. I suspect they also have new owners who are trying to cut costs. We won’t go back and we’re sad.

Taverna Plaka 1
September 23, 2014

I had a fabulous time! The food was wonderful and the experience exciting! I met the new managers and credit them for the great time.
August 29, 2011

Cell phone stolen from table

I was so excited to try a new restaurant and love Greek food. So many signs pointed to what was to be the worst restaurant experience I've had in Atlanta. The bartender was gratuitously rude as we waited to be seated. We asked to see a…
April 4, 2011

Service was TERRIBLE!!!!!!

We anticipated a great food experience. The only thing enjoyable was the atmostphere and entertainment. \r We ordered the Chef's meal which was extremely over priced for the amount of food you get. It's a sampler type meal served family…

Greek Desserts Seafood
Tips
  • Split a hefty Greek salad ($7) and the giant gyro souvlaki platter ($9) with a pal, and get out for $10 each including tip.
  • A $6 martini menu with more than 15 choices--including theme drinks Screaming Greek, Athena's Power and Ouzo Le-mo-nee--means there's probably something for every taste in your group.
  • For a great date night, catch a film at the Tara theater and then head to Taverna Plaka to sweeten the deal with drinks and dessert.
Mon-Tue 11:00AM - 11:00PM
Wed-Thu 11:00AM - 01:30AM
Sat 05:00PM - 02:30AM
Sun 04:00PM - 11:30PM

From OpenTable:

Taverna Plaka - where you are invited to join in the Plaka tradition of plate sharing & the celebration of life, of love & the pursuit of simple pleasures. Feast on a variety of Mézé & drink to Dionysus finest!

Owner? Claim The Menu

Taverna Plaka  Restaurant Reviews

Taverna Plaka is located near the cities of Airport Mail Center, Atl, Bankhead, Midtown Atlanta, and Lastrup.
People found this by searching for: Taverna Plaka Reviews, Greek Cheshire Bridge, таверна плака атланта, Greek Gear In Atlanta, Ga, Greek Restaurant In Atlanta Ga, Atlanta Greek Restaurant Cheshire Bridge, Greek Gear In Atlanta, How Old Do U Have Too Be Too Go To Tavern Plaka, and Greek Restaurant In Atlanta.