Taverna Plaka

2196 Cheshire Bridge Rd Ne
Atlanta, GA 30324

Neighborhoods: Lindridge - Martin Manor
Cuisine: Greek, Desserts, Seafood

Taverna Plaka is a Greek, Desserts, and Seafood restaurant where most Menuism users came for a family meal, paid more than $50, and tipped between 15% to 18%.

RynnCP photo

RynnCP

Chattanooga, TN
Taverna Plaka 1.0

Disappointed

We have been to Taverna Plaka a number of times on trips to Atlanta. We live in a town that doesn’t have decent Greek food, and TP never failed to please…until last night. It was our one year wedding anniversary and we chose TP because we’d loved it so much before. The first disappointment was that the bar didn’t have any Tsiporo, which my husband loves. The bartender was wonderful, and we enjoyed talking with him. I think the wine prices are way too high, probably to compensate for the relatively inexpensive ‘martinis’. We ordered the red pepper dip to eat with our drinks. A good sized bowl of it came, but with only one pita bread cut into four wedges. We got more bread, but it did seem odd. My first taste of the dip was astonishing. If I hadn’t been told it was red pepper dip, I would have sworn I was eating off the shelf pimento cheese spread. Not nearly enough feta, and obviously bottled red peppers that didn’t taste roasted. After perusing the drastically reduced menu (which has probably 20 or so ‘mezes’ (small bites, I think…appetizers, in other words … and about 12 main dishes) we considered going somewhere else, and really we should have. We were seated inside, at our request, though it was clear they wanted to seat us on the patio. The evening was hot and muggy, and outside didn’t seem like a great place to be to us. Our waiter was an experience. It really seemed he was drunk. We finally ended up settling on lamb kabobs (two skewers of about 4 pieces each, overcooked, with a few tiny pieces of overcooked veggies) which were served on a pita with a mound of tzatziki. No side. We filled in with the shrimp and feta. The shrimp was actually quite good. We also had lemon roasted potatoes — as an appetizer?? The potatoes were undercooked and tasteless. Our bartender had told us they’d remodeled recently, and had new cooks. I suspect they also have new owners who are trying to cut costs. We won’t go back and we’re sad.

Greek Desserts Seafood
Mon-Tue 11:00AM - 11:00PM
Wed-Thu 11:00AM - 01:30AM
Sat 05:00PM - 02:30AM
Sun 04:00PM - 11:30PM

From OpenTable:

Taverna Plaka - where you are invited to join in the Plaka tradition of plate sharing & the celebration of life, of love & the pursuit of simple pleasures. Feast on a variety of Mézé & drink to Dionysus finest!

Owner? Claim The Menu

Taverna Plaka  Restaurant Reviews

Taverna Plaka is located near the cities of Airport Mail Center, Atl, Bankhead, Midtown Atlanta, and Lastrup.
People found this by searching for: How Old Do U Have Too Be Too Go To Tavern Plaka, Taverna Plaka Reviews, Greek Cheshire Bridge, Greek Gear In Atlanta, Ga, Greek Restaurant In Atlanta Ga, таверна плака атланта, Greek Gear In Atlanta, Greek Restaurant In Atlanta, and Atlanta Greek Restaurant Cheshire Bridge.