Call 10365 N Cedarburg Rd
Mequon, WI 53092

Cuisine: American, Burgers, Irish

Taylor & Dunn's Public House is a American, Burgers, and Irish restaurant where most Menuism users came for fun with friends, paid between $10 and $25, and tipped more than 18%.

Tigercobra photo

Tigercobra

Mequon, WI
Taylor & Dunn's Public House 5.0

First time here and it was great!

My girlfriend took me here because I had never been there and it was a favorite of hers. We took a seat at the bar and I loved the old ticket stubs of different concerts and sporting events under the glass of the bar. We then ordered some Smithwicks and began to look over the menu. They had a great special on Shephard’s Pie but she decided on the Mustard wings and I ordered the Bratwurst Melt. Her wings were very tasty and I really liked the Melt cause I am German and it was different than any other I have had before. The bartender was great as well. I would definately be back!

cinnamongirl photo

cinnamongirl

Love of the Irish

I took my boyfriend to Taylor & Dunn’s, since it was pretty close to his house, and he had never been there before. I had been there several times before, and really enjoyed the atmosphere and the food there. We ordered some Smithwick’s and took a look at the menu. They were offering a special on Saturday, 2 Shepherds Pies or 2 Chicken Herders Pies for $15.00. Pretty good deal we thought, but I ordered the Chicken Wings with the Mustard BBQ sauce instead. The wings were pretty big, and the sauce was amazing! So tasty! I have also had the Corned Beef & Cabbage there, and it’s great as well. We will be back!

Chicken Wings

Get the BBQ Mustard Sauce!

TinaMilwaukee photo

TinaMilwaukee

Brown Deer, WI
Taylor & Dunn's Public House 3.0

Location Location Location

First the good: Location Location Location. This restaurant is really close to my home and has some really reasonably priced specials. The staff are very polite and courteous. I really like the way they have several dining areas and two bars. Depending upon on how social you are feeling at the moment you can pick a spot to match. To take advantage of the dinner specials you need to two people.
The portions are more than generous. You can easily share an entree if you have an appetizer first.

OK now for the bad part
This is a pub so food quality is on par with pub quality food.
I ordered the fried cheese curds and the Reuben Melt. The fried cheese curds were spot on. I happily gobbled them down while instructing my arteries to look the other way on this one.
My Reuben was pretty dry. It did have one redeeming quality the sauerkraut was pretty killer.
The house wines are $6 and $7 respectively. They are passable but not really $6 or $7 quality levels.

Reuben at Taylor & Dunn's Public House

Reuben

Fried Cheese Curds

These were supper yummy little nuggets of joy. They were breaded just right and lightly fried.

lb8er photo

lb8er

Taylor & Dunn's Public House 4.0

Best Fish Fry!

While the atmosphere is very noisy in the dining room, I would have to say this is my new favorite place for fish fry. The server was very courteous and very attentive. We came with a very large group (10) and she was more than willing to give us all separate checks. The food came out very quickly and the portions were large. I even had delicious leftovers to take home.

Hand-breaded perch

The hand-breaded perch was absolutely delicious! This is my new favorite fish fry. It came with 3 very large pieces of perch, rye bread, coleslaw, and your choice of baked potato, fries or potato pancakes. The fish had a very light breading and was moist and flaky and melted in your mouth. YUM!!!

eryngo photo

eryngo

Killer cod!

Er, maybe that’s not the best title in reference to something you are about to consume. But it is very good! Taylor & Dunn’s takes Wisconsin’s Friday Fish Fry tradition very seriously… so seriously that they actually stop serving the rest of the menu on Friday nights!

We had quite a varied group… several seafood lovers, one fish fry afficionado, several people that had never indulged in a fish fry at all and one that had never even heard of such a thing. In the end, everyone loved it!

Beer Battered Cod at Taylor & Dunn's Public House

Beer Battered Cod

Everything you love about cod… big, thick chunks that flake apart when you touch ‘em with a fork. Delicious! But I think I will have to try the hand-breaded perch next time… it looked really good and several people raved about it (plus, our most excellent server Amanda said it’s her favorite)!

Taylor & Dunn's Public House 3.0
Taylor & Dunn's Public House 4.0
American Burgers Irish

Taylor & Dunn's Public House  Restaurant Reviews

Taylor & Dunn's Public House is located near the cities of Thiensville.
People found this by searching for: Taylor And Dunn's Public House Mequon, Taylor And Dunn Mequon, Taylor And Dunns Reviews, Taylor & Dunn's Public House, Taylor And Dunn's Menu, Taylor And Dunns Public House, Taylor And Dunn Restaurant, Taylor And Dunn's Public House, and Taylor And Dunns.