414-431-1014

2995 S Clement Ave ( )

Milwaukee, WI 53207

Neighborhoods: Bay View

Description: Tenuta's Italian Restaurant is a Italian restaurant where most Menuism users came for fun with friends, paid between $10 and $25, and tipped between 15% to 18%.
Tags: Italian, Delivery, Takeout, Good for groups, Italian Restaurants, and Bay View
  • 10 dishes entered by diners at Tenuta's Italian Restaurant

Reviews for Tenuta's Italian Restaurant

Tenuta's

It’s only my opinion but, overall, I say “OK”. Will I go back…probably not. SLOOOW service, though very accommodating and pleasant. Staffing issues need to be addressed. Again only my opinion.

Pasta Carbonra

It was ok…after viewing their website/menu, I planned to order this. It was not on the menu…go figure. They did attempt to accommodate me, but did NOT impress, based on all the positive reviews from many friends. The sauce was quite bland, fettuccini should have been the pasta of choice, NOT spaghetti, and the pancetta was replaced with a tasteless regular bacon. Our salads (house) looked as if they were made from weeds from the side of the road, and only 3 choices of dressings (2 w/balsamic bases, YUK!!! and ranch, hate that too!!!) or pay more for “Cesar”! Tiramisu, home made…NOT! And for $8.00??? Oh let’s not forget wine prices…OMG!!! One glass costs the same if not more for the whole bottle!!! I’ve worked in the biz 30+ years so I’m not ignorant to the economics of it all. I’m sorry, but I refuse to pay $8.00 for a baked potato…just sayin’.

Good Italian

Great old neighborhood and ambiance!

Eggplant Parmigiana

Eggplant was cooked nicely and wasn’t greasy. I like a lot of garlic in my sauce and I felt like this is the one area where they could have gained more stars from me. The Strawberry Basil Dressing was excellent. I ordered a side of meatballs since I had tried them on a previous visit and the only thing I didn’t like about them this time is that they tasted fishy? The person who was sitting next to me had a grilled salmon dish and I wonder if they heated them up on the grill after they had cooked the fish. I brought the left overs home and my husband also said he thought they had a fishy taste. (I didn’t mention this to him previously so I’m glad he concurred with what I thought.)

4.0

A nice little neighborhood Italian restaurant

While there was a slight delay in being seated, our group received excellent service otherwise. Overall, my meal was quite good. Our server was very knowledgable and conversant about the menu. Fair warning: this is not a place to go if you are in a hurry. The wait time for a table in this small restaurant can be a little lengthy particularly for a group of 6 or more, even with a reservation. However, I found the meal and service to be worth the wait.

Highlight of the meal: Pork Tenderloin Piccata $18.00 (the portion was generous, the meat tender and flavourable, and the lemon butter sauce a great complement to the meat and pasta, and not at all too tart or overpowering which can sometimes be the case.) The green salad was fresh and the homemade ranch dressing was very good.

Tiramisu

Our group shared both the tiramisu and the cannoli. Both were very good. The tiramisu was moist and had an excellent consistency and flavour. The cannoli was also very nice, with a shell that tasty. The cream filling had chocolate chips and the overall flavor good. Price: Cannot recall.

3.0

Good meal, service could have been better

They gave us some nice, crusty bread to begin our meal. I asked for olive oil to accompany it and they accommodated me. For my entree, I ate an off-the-menu special, salmon on a bed of fettuccine w/herbed oil, which was good. The service was quite inattentive, however, so that put a bit of a damper on an otherwise nice meal. It’s hard to focus on enjoying your meal when you need something that would increase said enjoyment and the waitress is nowhere to be found for long periods of time.

Salmon on Fettuccine with Herbed Oil

The off-the-menu special I ate, salmon on a bed of fettuccine with herbed oil, was very good, but it could have been a bit less well done for my tastes—the outer portion (where salmon fillets are typically thinner) was rather dry. But the middle part was very good, as was the bed of pasta that the salmon sat on—the herbed oil added a very nice flavor.

Casual elegance

White linens, polished wine glasses, full place settings, knowledgeable bartender that recommended a few great wine selections when asked. Despite all that, Tenuta’s has a casual atmosphere and is a great place to relax and unwind. Our servers Brenden & Danielle were attentive, friendly and accommodating and managed to stay on top of our group of 12. I will definitely be taking friends and family here!

Gamberetti

For some reason I was expecting something more along the lines of an alfredo (which is not at all what the description says!) but was pleasantly surprised. Light and fresh… the lemon and capers were perfect for the shrimp, the pasta was tender and firm. I think the portion size was perfect because I ate every last bite but didn’t walk away feeling gorged.

Tenutos Bay View Bistro

Great atmosphere – cozy tavern feel with red walls and wood floors.
Their pizzas were voted one of the best by Milwaukee Magazine. Not only serving pizza but great Veal Calabreze, seafood, eggplant parmigiana, etc.

Salad choices were one of the best.

Portions were generous – enough for take home.

Margherita Pizza

Pizza had a light texture — lots of cheese without being greasy.
Could really taste the individual flavors of the dish.

People found this by searching for: Tenuta's Bayview, Tenuta's Restaurant Milwaukee, Tenuta's Bay View, Tenuta Bayview, Tenuta's Pizza Milwaukee, Tenutas Bayview, Scotty's Pizza Milwaukee Clement, and Tenuta's Milwaukee.

Nearby Restaurants