425-888-1234

37800 SE North Bend Way ( )

Snoqualmie, WA 98065-9225

Description: Terra Vista at Snoqualmie Casino is a Contemporary American, Fine Dining, and New restaurant where most Menuism users came for a family meal, paid more than $50, and tipped between 15% to 18%.
Tags: Contemporary American, Fine Dining, OpenTable, Reservations, East Side, Scenic View, New, and Improved
  • 3 dishes entered by diners at Terra Vista at Snoqualmie Casino
  • 1 user wants to eat at Terra Vista at Snoqualmie Casino

From OpenTable:

Terra Vista is what you would expect in a world class restaurant, and more. With majestic views of the Snoqualmie Valley from every table, this intimate venue features modern Northwest cuisine with a French tone. Using the freshest ingredients available from local farms, Chef de Cuisine Bruce Dillon's menu features unexpected, high-concept dishes masterfully designed to engage the intellect and suprise the palate. Add an extensive wine list featuring Northwest, California and French wines and you have a winning combination for a truly unforgettable experience.
For your convenience we have calculated a 17% Service Charge for the total bill. Crescent Club points are not redeemable for the service
charge. The guest does have the option of adding at an additonal service charge by their choice.

Owner? Claim The Menu

Reviews for Terra Vista at Snoqualmie Casino

• 6 reviews
  • First reviewed by Jul

High ambitions, poor execution

My wife and I recently had dinner at Terra Vista before a show in the ballroom at the casino. We were not at all impressed. The restaurant description, decor and menu position Terra Vista as a top fine dining restaurant. I’m familiar with fine dining. I’ve eaten in the best restaurants in the Seattle area as well as great ones around the country, including Michelin 3 star establishments. My poor review does not come from unfamiliarity with innovative preparations, uncommon menu items, high prices, etc. It stems solely from the complete failure of this restaurant’s execution to match its ambition and marketing. It almost feels like the management read some books and reviews about fine dining, but have never actually eaten at a top restaurant. On paper, it may seem like they’re doing the right thing, but in reality it falls far short.

First, and foremost, the food was quite lacking. My wife had the hearts of romaine salad, which is described as “similar to a Caesar” with an anchovy emulsion dressing. The dressing was nearly flavorless — I’m still confused about how you can make anchovies have so little flavor. Overall, the salad tasted more like water and lettuce than anchovies or Caesar. I ordered the “salmon ravioli” as an appetizer. The server made sure I was aware that this contains no actual pasta — the “ravioli” is salmon filled with a hollandaise sauce. Sounds fun. However, the first thing that arrived was actually a (fairly decent sized) salmon fillet with no filling (or provision therefor). I asked the waiter about it, he agreed it seemed wrong, and said he’d have a new one made. The replacement was the same sized piece of salmon, with a very small amount of hollandaise inserted into a small slit. Basically the appetizer was a salmon fillet, and not a very flavorful one at that. I’m not sure if it was prepared wrong the second time, or if that’s actually how it was intended to be. For our main courses, my wife had the salmon sous vide and I had the Delmonico steak. Both were surprisingly flavorless. The accompaniments were too salty, while the meats were under seasoned. We didn’t have dessert because we were running out of time (more on that later).

The wine list was strange, especially for a restaurant that seems to think of itself as a wine-oriented establishment (there is a wall of wine racks as you walk in). The first odd thing I noticed was that there were no vintages on the wine list. They were selling bottles for $400 (and probably more — I didn’t read the entire list) without any indication of the vintage! The wines by the glass (which I went for since I didn’t want to spend any significant money on a bottle given the peculiarity of the wine list) are in a different wine list (which you have to request), and I found the selection to be unimpressive, though that’s a personal call.

The service and ambiance were a bit off as well. Our server was very nice, and went out of his way to make sure things were satisfactory to us. That was good. However, his descriptions of the menu items were far too long — it felt as if he almost read the entire menu to us. In many cases, it seemed like the restaurant is really designed for people who aren’t familiar with fine dining, without any expectation that experienced diners might also come in. For example, they carefully explained what amuse-bouche is. I don’t really have an objection to this — I certainly don’t feel that fine dining should be an elitist experience, or that only people who know what everything is should be able to eat there. On the contrary! My point is that a skilled server should be able to read his clientele well enough to know whether they need the detailed descriptions or not. We didn’t, we could have saved some time by not hearing them, and he could have given that time to another table who may have more appreciated the guidance.

Our main courses were brought out by two young gentlemen who seemed utterly confused about which table they were going to. They briefly stopped in front of our table, looked at each other, then started walking away until our server stopped and corrected them. Another time, a different server walked by our table, said out loud (conversational volume), “Oh, I forgot the water!” and turned around. All of the staff had plastic ID badges clipped to their shirts. The manager came to each table asking (fairly loudly — we could hear him 3 tables away), “how’s everything workin’ for ya?”. These are obviously all relatively minor things. On their own, they wouldn’t even warrant a mention. But in combination, and in a restaurant that strives to reach the top tiers of dining, I think they’re indicative of a problem. Go eat at a top restaurant in New York and tell me if you see or hear anything like that happen — there’s a certain level of sophistication, effortlessness and poise that typically exists in an excellent fine dining restaurant. I found that to be utterly lacking here.

Finally, the entire operation was very slow. We weren’t having a tasting menu (not that one was offered). We weren’t even ordering a large meal — we each had one starter and one main course. Yet it still took us from 6:30 PM to almost 8 PM to finish, and we only finished then because we ate our main courses very quickly and asked the server to hurry with the check. The first courses came in a reasonable amount of time, but the re-make of mine added another 10 minutes or so. The gap between the first courses and the main courses was probably about 30-40 minutes. The restaurant was not especially busy, so I’m not sure what took so long.

In conclusion, I simply can not recommend Terra Vista at this time. The advertising, menu descriptions and pricing all suggest that they’ll provide a truly outstanding meal, but the food is nowhere near where it needs to be, and the service lags as well. Terra Vista needs to either simplify the menu and dial down their ambitions to better match the staff’s ability to execute, or bring in a crew who can meet the expectations of the caliber of diners they’re trying to attract.

Add/Show Comments (2)

Terra Vista Restruant is a Ripoff

The menu was disceiving, prices outrages, and the portions served were extremely small. I don’t mind paying for a good quality meal but Terra Vista really ripped us off.

Herb Smoked Chicken

The extremely tiny piece of chicken I received after waiting an hour was was good. The vegetables indicated on the menu were not served with the dish. Unless you call the decorative 5 leafs of a brussel sprouts a serving.

Disappointed

Overpriced for the quality of the total experience. Dined with my wife/6 other couples. Everything is ala carte, that’s fine but when you order steak you want baked potato which the restaurant could not accommodate. They had their own style of potato substitute that was not acceptable for us. Didn’t have a blue cheese dressing for the salad. If you’re going to have a “fine dining” restaurant with your own slant on the menu, that’s fine but satisfy the customers always. If they want the traditional foods that come with their meals…have that available for them as well. If you remain stubborn to your “Northwest Cuisine with a French Flair” without making available the “standards”, you will lose repeat customer like us. Bread was disappointing also

4.0

Fine Dining in Snoqualmie

We drove to Snoqualmie a few weeks ago to try the new casino’s Terra Vista restaurant. This is definitely fine dining (don’t look for baked potatoes). The dining was indeed fine, the food excellent, the staff friendly, and the view magnificent. Our only negative experience was the hostess constantly flirting with the manager. Take it somewhere else! Otherwise enjoy!

Terrible - They need to start over

Terra Vista is a great facility with a great view. The niceties stop there. I entertained there one night last winter before a show and found it to be outrageously overpriced; our waitress treated us like the Clampetts (although ‘possum might have been a suitable alternative to the pork); the portions were ridiculously small (but given the lack of flavor, this wasn’t necessarily a bad thing.

Besides being talked down to by the wait staff, they also weren’t able to get us in and out of there in two hours….we were almost late for the show.

They have seriously overreached with a pretentious menu and assumptions about who their clientele is….it’s a casino in a logging town for goodness sake, not Monte Carlo.

They should get a new manager, new menu and serve up some decent steaks (and not tartare). Spuds too.

Pork Tenderloin

Add/Show Comments (1)

-1 1

Oh, please!

Worth going, once, for the fabulous wraparound view.

Unfortunately the fab view is served with the worst kind of snobbishness, and “I can’t believe I just paid THAT for THAT” prices. Not to say the food is bad, it’s fine (miniscule, but fine). But you’ll find dozens of excellent restaurants in the Northwest with equal or better food, sans the attitude and laughable prices. (That joke was on us, of course, when we pulled out the mastercard. Haha.). Check out my other reviews for a couple excellent restaurants alternatives in the vicinity.

Also – one caveat about the view. If you really want to see it you should probably sit outside on the deck – the architect chose a baffling window design including crisscrossing “beams” that basically block half of the inside diners’ views. What a waste.

All that really stood out from our dinner was the Scallop Rockefeller, which disappeared fast.

Scallops Rockefeller

This is the only part of our meal that really stood out, other than the view. Scallop Rockefeller is not something you see on every menu, and they were mouthwatering. Tender with just the right combo of complementary flavors in the sautéed spinach topping.

Add/Show Comments (1)

Terra Vista at Snoqualmie Casino is located near the cities of North Bend.
People found this by searching for: Terrea Vista Menu Snoqualmie, Snoqualmie Casino Reviews, Terra Vista Snoqualmie, Terra Vista Menu, Terra Vista Restaurant Snoqualmie, Terra Vista Snoqualmie Review, and Terra Vista Fine Dining.

Woodman Lodge