Call 425 E Eau Gallie Blvd
Melbourne, FL 32935

Cuisine: American, Sandwiches, Barbecue

Texas Roadhouse is a American, Sandwiches, and Barbecue restaurant where most Menuism users came for a family meal and paid more than $50.

HAL9000 photo

HAL9000

Melbourne, FL

Less Quality Than The Competition

The years have left an impression that, when compared to the competition, TR is riding more on storefront and image than on the quality of their food. Although the frequency of visits was decreasing, TR’s relatively late hours, combined with our long hospital shifts, kept my wife and I returning — until our most recent and last experience.

25 minutes after phoning in an order last Wednesday night, it was near closing time as I waited in TR’s designated order pick-up parking space. As a waitress approached to collect my bill, she was intercepted by a healthy young man who pulled up on a nice motor-bike (scooter). After his pitch, “I’m a little low on funds right now — do you have some extra salad or somethin’?,” our waitress went back inside before returning 5 minutes later and handing Mr. Scooter a large take-out box that appeared to have 2 Italian dressings on top. He could have used a (free) bag too, but Mr. S was managing as he drove away. Then the waitress collected my bill, and 15 minutes later I was on my way with a large bag of dinner for 3.

At home we discovered 2 small salads instead of the 2 large ones that had been ordered and paid for -- no big deal in itself-- just the last straw — just an excuse to cross TR off the list of life’s compromises. A youth spent working in restaurants has made me a good tipper, and it also educated my guess that the TR kitchen had put away the “extra” salad by the time Mr. S requested his. One of our salads was delivered to Mr. Scooter, and the other salad was then divided into 2 hamburger size take-out boxes.

It soon became pizza night at our house, as I tossed-out the entire order — little salads, entrees, sides, and all — partly as an “end of the line” ceremony (which happened to entertain my visiting sister-in-law), but mostly out of an informed fear of what can happen when kitchen staff begin down the path of food-tampering.

Over time a pattern reveals that TR leaves the most important things to be desired, including better food (Outback, Charlie & Jake’s, Smokey Bones, Memaw’s, Woody’s, and Sonny’s — to name a few) along with a higher level of integrity (service, responsibility, and accountability). TR’s atmosphere and image can only stretch so far. Even the epic voice of Willie Nelson (advertisement) won’t bring us back.

May 25, 2011

Less Quality than the Competition

The years have left an impression that, when compared to the competition, TR is riding more on storefront and image than on the quality of their food. Although the frequency of visits was decreasing, TR's relatively late hours, combined…
May 25, 2011

Image Over Quality

Texas Roadhouse 5.0
May 4, 2011

Texas Roadhouse, Eau Gallie Blvd.

I love this place, and the Margarita night on Wednesday. Better get there at opening time or seating is limited! Great food, great hospitality.

American Good for groups Takeout
Tips
  • On busy weekend nights, it's wise to use the restaurant's call-ahead seating option.

Texas Roadhouse  Restaurant Reviews

• 02/15/2014 - A diner from Brooklyn, NY tried it, liked it, and rated it 4 stars. They liked the food, liked the service, and liked the ambiance.
  • 02/04/2015 - A diner tried it.
Texas Roadhouse is located near the cities of Indialantic, West Melbourne, and Melbourne Beach.
People found this by searching for: Texas Roadhouse In Melbourne Florida, Texas Roadhouse Melbourne Fl, Texas Roadhouse Melbourne Florida, Texas Roadhouse In Melbourne Fl, Texas Roadhouse, Texas Roadhouse Melbourne, Texas Roadhouse Eau Gallie, Texas Roadhouse Eau Gauille Rd, and Texasroadhousemelbornefl.