804-977-8424

2210 Fontaine Ave ( )

Charlottesville, VA 22903-2911

Neighborhoods: Jefferson Park Avenue

Description: Thai '99 is a Thai and Asian restaurant where most Menuism users came for fun with friends, paid between $10 and $25, and tipped between 15% to 18%.
Tags: Thai, Asian, Delivery, Good For Kids, Takeout, and Good for groups
  • 183 dishes entered by diners at Thai '99
  • 2 users want to eat at Thai '99
  • 4 users love Thai '99

Reviews for Thai '99

• 2 reviews
  • First reviewed by Exchef

Worth trying

I work at Johnson School, and frequently order lunch. I wish this place delivered, but it was worth the short trip. This was my first time ordering from this restaurant, and I love noodles, so I had the lunch special, egg noodles with pork and vegetables. My friend had the green chicken curry.
$6.99 gets you your entree, a cup of a nice clear broth, with scallions and carrots (great for breakfast the next morning, since there’s so much food) and a dessert, which is an odd, but tasty tapioca thing with bits of cooked coconut and papaya. My noodles were perfection; plenty of meat and vegetables, a delicious sauce, and enough to share with curious students. The Caucasian kid needed a chocolate milk chaser (“my mouth is on fire”) and the Mexican kids tore them up (“No es pico!”) My friend’s green chicken curry was also lovely; just hot enough, heavy on the onions.
I’m going to go down the menu, one item at a time; starting with the dumplings. I think I’m in love.

Poor service and overcharged

Though the food is fine, but the service was horrible and we were still overcharged. Not only did we receive food after people who came in after us, but we did not receive our drinks until 20 minutes after we received our food and 15 minutes after we had to go up and ask for our drinks. When we got up to ask for our drinks, we also saw a friend there who arrived there only 10 minutes before and already had the very drink we had ordered. Not only that, but we asked for chopsticks from a waiter which one would think is a simple task, but he takes 10 minutes to bring us our chopsticks which was also only after we got up to ask for them again. We were already annoyed and were discussing what to leave as tip considering the poor service. But low and behold. We were aware that there is an automatic 18% tip charge when there are more than 5 people dining, but we were three people and they charged us that extra 18% tip which we did not notice until we got home. And no they did not mistake us as having a larger group because we walked up and stood at the counter as she charged us. I forgot why I had opted to go to Limeleaf for over a year and now I remember all too clearly.

Drunken Noodles

It was decent. I’ve had better before.

Add/Show Comments (1)

Thai '99 is located near the cities of Monticello, University, and Oak Hill.
People found this by searching for: Thai 99 Charlottesville Fontaine Menu, Thai 99 Fontaine, Thai 99 Fontaine Charlottesville, Thai 99 Charlottesville Fontaine, Thai 99 Charlottesville Va, Thai 99 Jpa, Thai 99 Charlottesville, and Thai 99 Charlottesville Menu.

Downtown Grille

iced_773

Princeton Junction, NJ

katies1

0 useful

Wants to Try Thai '99 (2)

LucyZ