The Boundary House

1045 River Rd SW
Calabash, NC 28467

Cuisine: Seafood/steak, American

The Boundary House is a Seafood/steak and American restaurant where most Menuism users came for a romantic date, paid between $25 and $50, and tipped more than 18%.

Overall
Pros
"Salad...crab...flounder"
"Fast service, wonderful food,lovely atmosphere "
StationRipper photo

StationRipper

Columbia, SC
The Boundary House 5.0

GREAT Food!

Really good seafood place in calabash, next to the funky christmas store.

We went to it one random night… and went back the next because it was so good.

I HIGHLY recommend the Prime Rib!

TurnerBrown photo

TurnerBrown

Hillsborough, NC
The Boundary House 1.0

Excellent food/terrible prices&mgmt. that doesn't care!

We ate at your establishment the evening of 06/05/10.   We had never dined at one of your facilities, therefore had little inclination of what to expect with relation to fare and prices.   The fare was nice, the prices…..not so much!    Upon entering we were fairly promptly seated and within short order our server came over to our booth.    Jennifer was quite bubbly, personable, and very pleasant; this was a good and promising start.    My wife and I finally agreed to share the 16oz. Prime Rib whereas we both really like Prime Rib.    I wanted it rare and she wanted it medium rare, no real strain and to how it ended up being prepared, huh?    After a slightly longer wait than, according to amount of customers present, expected our order arrived with plain baked potato, au jus, one (let me repeat that) one roll of medium dimensions, and a supposedly horseradish sauce on the side.    Even with my half of the prime rib there was insufficient sauce  and I didn’t ask for more because when I asked for more rolls I was informed that I would be charged $.80 for each additional roll.    I quickly declined and proceeded to halve the associated roll and shared this meager fare with my sweetie.    Permit me to inform you at this point that this Prime Rib was quite possibly the tenderest and tastiest that we had ever had even though it was sorely overpriced.    Except for the prices, this restaurant gets a five-star rating.    As for the prices, ONE STAR.
This critique was sent to Boundary House just a couple of days after returning home. They NEVER bothered acknowledgement or any sort of response.

Prime Rib

This is one very good piece of meat, BUT, it’s waaaaaaaay over priced!

Seafood/steak American Good For Kids
Drh1953

Fuquay Varina, NC
0 useful

The Boundary House  Restaurant Reviews

• 07/05/2013 - A diner from Gaffney, SC tried it and liked it. They liked the food.
  • 09/12/2013 - A diner from Wyoming, PA tried it, liked it, and rated it 5 stars. They liked the food, liked the service, and liked the ambiance.
  • 04/11/2014 - A diner tried it and liked it.
  • 05/11/2014 - A diner from Saint Petersburg, FL tried it and liked it.
  • 06/07/2014 - A diner from San Francisco, CA tried it.
  • 07/17/2014 - A diner from San Francisco, CA tried it.
  • 08/13/2014 - A diner from San Francisco, CA tried it, liked it, and rated it 5 stars. They liked the food, liked the service, and didn't like the ambiance.
    Pros: 'Salad...crab...flounder'
  • 10/11/2014 - A diner from San Francisco, CA tried it, liked it, and rated it 2 stars. They liked the food, liked the service, and liked the ambiance.
  • 10/22/2014 - A diner from San Francisco, CA tried it and liked it. They liked the food, liked the service, and liked the ambiance.
  • 11/28/2014 - A diner from San Francisco, CA tried it.
  • 03/12/2015 - A diner from San Francisco, CA tried it.
  • 03/27/2015 - A diner from San Francisco, CA tried it.
  • 04/13/2015 - A diner from San Francisco, CA tried it, liked it, and rated it 5 stars. They liked the food, liked the service, and liked the ambiance.
  • 04/17/2015 - A diner from Washington, DC tried it, liked it, and rated it 4 stars. They liked the food, liked the service, and liked the ambiance.
  • 05/13/2015 - A diner tried it.
  • 06/08/2015 - A diner from San Francisco, CA tried it and liked it. They liked the food.
  • 07/14/2015 - A diner from Ocean Isle Beach, NC tried it, liked it, and rated it 4 stars. They liked the food, liked the service, and liked the ambiance.
  • 08/15/2015 - A diner from Calabash, NC tried it, liked it, and rated it 5 stars. They liked the food, liked the service, and liked the ambiance.
    Pros: 'nice place everything good'
  • 08/18/2015 - A diner from Kingston, PA tried it.
  • 08/24/2015 - A diner from Calabash, NC tried it.
The Boundary House is located near the cities of Little River.
People found this by searching for: Boundary House Restaurant Menu, Boundary House, The Boundary House Calabash Nc, Boundary House Calabash, The Boundary House, Calabash Boundary House, Boundary House Menu, Boundary House Calabash Nc, and Boundary House Little River Sc.