414-220-1110

2014 N. Farwell Avenue ( )

Milwaukee, WI 53202

Neighborhoods: Lower East Side

Description: The Eatery on Farwell is a American restaurant where most Menuism users came for fun with friends, paid between $25 and $50, and tipped between 15% to 18%.
Tags: American, Takeout, and Good for groups
  • 8 dishes entered by diners at The Eatery on Farwell

Reviews for The Eatery on Farwell

• 2 reviews
  • First reviewed by eryngo

Kiss the cook!

I came here during the Days of Dining event, which is one of several restaurant weeks in Milwaukee throughout the year. Because of this, some of the prix fixe options are not on their regular menu so unfortunately, you won’t be able to order (for instance) the flat iron steak. But I think one of the overlooked advantages to an event like this is that diners have the chance to get to know the people behind their food… what are they going to put on your table when they have the freedom to go off-menu? How creative are they? What are some of their favorites? Are they adventurous and willing to take a risk? For instance, did poblanos show up on your plate? Maybe the chef spent some time in Spain. Is quinoa in your dish? Its creator might have a plant-based, whole foods philosophy. Did comfort food make its way to your table? Maybe your chef grew up in a foodie family and was whipping things up in the kitchen at the age of nine. Ah yes… the things you can learn from a plate of food!

And on a (front-of-house) side note… the hostess Sarynn and our server Dru were both excellent and charming… great service!

Caramel Apple Salad

I’m allergic to apples but I had to try this anyways. With caramel vinaigrette… so good! I found myself trying to find a graceful way to pick up all the remaining bleu cheese crumbles at the bottom…

Steak Dinner

The brandy peppercorn sauce was surprisingly shy, but no matter… this house-marinated flat iron steak didn’t need it. Full of flavor, perfectly cooked, slightly crispy parts on the outside. Served with a side of potato galette (I have no idea what that is, other than it was incredibly delicious) and seasoned veggies. Out of everything I ate during this 6-day dining event, this was my absolute favorite.

Caramel Apple Cheese Cake

I think I dropped my fork and fell off my stool. Smiling. I simply have no words for this. Maybe my dining companion summed it up best… all he managed to get out was, “Oh my…!”

Call everyone you know and get over here… find out for yourself (but first make sure they’re serving it that day)!