310-458-9294

1602 Ocean Ave ( )

Santa Monica, CA 90401

Neighborhoods: Downtown

View Hours
Description: The Lobster is a Seafood, Lobster, and Traditional restaurant where most Menuism users came for a romantic date, paid more than $50, and tipped between 15% to 18%.
Tags: Seafood, Lobster, Takeout, Good For Kids, Traditional, Hot Dogs, Deli, Dine La, Prawns, and Delivery
  • 54 dishes entered by diners at The Lobster
  • 3 users love The Lobster

From OpenTable:

The elevated restaurant has glass on three sides with a cantilevered, open-air deck that affords a 180° panoramic view of the Pacific and Palisades Park.

Owner? Claim The Menu

Reviews for The Lobster

• 4 reviews
  • First reviewed by shaomai

Editorial Review by Gayot »

4.0

Great location, good food, a little overpriced

Located at the top of the Santa Monica Pier, looking out the window you’ve got a great view of the ferris wheel overlooking the beach. I think this is mostly what you’re paying for. The food is still pretty good, but it is definitely priced on the high side.

The parking lot is tiny, and valet is $5. The service was nice (I appreciated that when we ordered drinks, they asked us if we had ID but said there was no need to get it out – they trusted us!). The menu changes seasonally, and I still have no yet had the lobster – but I had scallops served with a lobster sauce that was sooo yummy. At the center of the plate there was a salad that had little lobster bits in it. All in all, I was really satisfied with my food and my experience. I’d come here on occasions or when I’m on dinner expenses, but I feel like it’s too expensive to come for just any meal.

scallops

the lobster sauce was really, really yummy!

The Lobster

My absolute favorite restaurant because I LOVE lobster! ...

My absolute favorite restaurant because I LOVE lobster! It’s right on the Santa Monica Pier so if you’re lucky enough to get seated next to a window, it’s a nice view.

I have to admit the place is pretty crowded and busy, not exactly a quiet place to eat if that’s what you want. Valet parking.

I love the steamed lobster, it is so sweet. Ask for it without the shell, it’s easier that way :) The fish is good too. Nice place to go for a special occasion or just because.

Pricey but good

Nice restaurant over looking the ocean and the pier. I was able to find street parking 2 blocks away. My boyfriend and I were seated right by the window. I was cold because I felt the wind come through the window, so I switched seats with my boyfriend. It was a little better.

I really liked the bread and olive oil. The bread was warm and toasted and the olive oil had chives in it which gave it a unique flavor. The two of us shared a crab cake appetizer, clam chowder, and a 2.5 lb lobster.

The busboy spilled my boyfriend’s wine. I think a little bit got on him. He was just given a new glass of wine.

Although the restaurant is a bit pricey, I would probably come back for a special occasion. It’s also a good tourist spot.

Grilled Lobster

My boyfriend and I shared a 2.5 lb grilled lobster. It was excellent. There was already so much flavor that you don’t even need to dip it in butter. The 2.5 lobster was $60.

Clam Chowder

The clam chowder was good but not worth $10. The portion is large enough to share.

Crab Cake Appetizer

Solid.

Luscious Lobster

Went here with a couple of friends last Friday for dinner, and I was pleasantly surprised to find the lobster as a dineLA entree option. Unfortunately, it required a $6 supplement, which was actually fine by me in this case since I was planning to order a lobster anyway and it would’ve been more expensive without it being on dineLA. Anyway, here’s what I had:

- Tempura king prawn appetizer with spicy mustard dressing and tangy dipping sauce: Five large prawns with a nice tempura breading. I particularly liked the mustard dressing which gave the prawns a tasty kick.
- Steamed Maine lobster (1.5lb) with asparagus and roasted potatoes: Sweet, tender lobster. I wanted to devour the whole thing, but after my large prawn appetizer, I actually had one of the claws and virtually all of the asparagus and potatoes to doggie bag!
- Chocolate pannacotta w. dark chocolate ice cream and shortbread cookies: This is heaven for chocolate lovers. Rich, intense chocolate ice cream on a smooth, creamy panna cotta. Should’ve been called “death by chocolate”! The only downer was the chocolate shortbread cookies which were a bit bland and dry.

I also tried my friend’s kanpachi sashimi appetizer and the crab cake entree which are also good. I am often skeptical of sashimi at non-sushi restaurants, but this kanpachi was super-fresh, sweet, almost buttery. The crab cakes are also terrific, hearty with real crab meat inside and doesn’t have that cheapo “breading flavored with crab” that so many restaurants give you.

Note: The Lobster modifies their menu daily due to what’s available, so you might want to call the day you go to see what’ll be offered.

Tempura Tiger Prawns

Steamed Maine Lobster

Steamed Maine lobster (1.5lb) with asparagus and roasted potatoes: Sweet, tender lobster. I wanted to devour the whole thing, but after my large appetizer, I actually had one of the claws and virtually all of the asparagus and potatoes to doggie bag!

The Lobster is located near the cities of Sawtelle, Venezia, Venice, Pacific Palisades, and De Witt.
People found this by searching for: The Lobster Menu Santa Monica, The Lobster Restaurant Santa Monica, The Lobster Santa Monica, Lobster Restaurant Santa Monica Menu, The Lobster In Santa Monica Menu, The Lobster Santa Monica Dinner Menu, Lobster Santa Monica, and The Lobster Santa Monica Menu.

Mondo Taco
Tada LLC
Blue Stove at Nordstroms
Hostaria del Piccolo
Tar & Roses

Listed On

My Restaurant Rotation by WeiFan

Note: Good food, I like the thai spicy lobster, don't get the jombo shrinp cocktail tho.

Dishes: steamed lob, thai lob

Link to The Lobster