The Melting Pot

Cuisine: Fondue, Steak, Seafood

The Melting Pot is a Fondue, Steak, and Seafood restaurant where most Menuism users came for a romantic date, paid between $25 and $50, and tipped between 15% to 18%.

PandaLHU photo

Baltimore, MD

Fun cooking yourself

July 12, 2008 was my Husband and I 5-year wedding anniversary and this year it was in my husband’s hand to pick where we went. We have been here in the past but it has been a couple years sine we have been. We were seated on the 3rd level ( I never realized it had that many levels). Once we were sat we were presented with a card wishing us a Happy Anniversary and the entire wait staff signed it.

We decided to go with the “Big Night Out’ which includes a cheese fondue, salad, main course and a desert fondue. We pick the Fondue Fusion theme ($88 per couple).

We started with the Cheddar Cheese fondue which is aged, medium-sharp Cheddar and Emmenthaler Swiss cheese, larger beer, garlic and seasonings. It was served with 3 types of bread (French, honey wheat and rosemary), vegetables (carrots, clearly, and cauliflower) and Granny Smith apples. It was good but we both agreed it could have used a bit more seasoning.

From there we moved onto the salads. My Husband had the Caesar (your typical Caesar salad) and I had the Tropical, which had romaine and field greens, tomatoes, mangos and hearts of palms with a light creamy citrus dressing and topped with coconut-encrusted cashews. My salad was good except it had too much dressing on it and a few too many hearts of palm. The coconut-encrusted cashews were do die for (I wanted a bowl to eat by themselves).

For our Entrée selection with got the Fondue Fusion which came with lobster tail, filet mignon medallion, jerk-seasoned sirloin, vanilla rum chicken, marinated pork tenderloin, zesty peppered shrimp, butternut squash ravioli and fresh vegetables (squash, broccoli and mushroom caps) and we had the Mojo cooking style, which was a Caribbean-seasoned bouillon with fresh garlic and citrus juice. The entrée is also served with a mixture of Caribbean influenced dipping sauces. My favorites were the shrimp, lobster and jerk-seasoned sirloin (but my husband doesn’t do seafood) and my Husband’s favorites were the jerk-seasoned sirloin and filet mignon medallion. We both agreed the fresh veggies were very good in the bouillon but you don’t want to leave it in to long or it gets over powered with the flavor. We both also agree that the Mojo style is our favorite cooking style (I need to find a recipe for it at home since we fondue at home).

For desert we had the Chocolate S’mores, which was milk chocolate, topped with marshmallow cream and then flambéed. It is served with strawberries, bananas, cheesecake, pound cake, brownies, marshmallows (Oreo coated and graham cracker coated) and graham cracker slices. Who could go wrong with chocolate fondue- everything was good!

Overall, everything was good. Our waiter was pleasant and wished us a happy anniversary a few times and was always on top of refills and our needs. The prices are a bit high (for cooking it yourself) but you always have a good time and the food is always pretty good as so is the service. I recommend you at least try this place at least once for a meal or just desert.

Chocolate S’mores - Big Night Out at The Melting Pot

Big Night Out

LizStambaugh photo

Baltimore, MD

Girls Night at The Melting Pot

Last Thursday night, was Girls Night at The Melting Pot. I went, along with my mother and sister. They had a set 4 course menu for the night at $35.00 per person.

We started out the night with a few drinks, and I had the “Love Martini”. It consisted of Malibu, Cranberry Juice and Peach Schnapps. It also was garnished with strawberry slices.

For our first course we choose the Cheddar Cheese Fondue, which came with bread, vegetables and Granny Smith apples. The fondue consisted of beer, garlic and little bit of oil, cream and shredded cheddar cheese. Our waitress combined all the ingredients right in front of us, and mixed it till blended.

I didn’t think I was going to like the apple and cheese combination, but it turned out to be my favorite. The combination of sweet, tangy and salty was perfect.

Once we finished our first course of Fondue, we had our salads. They were your typical salad with croutons and Cesar dressing. But the one thing different was sugar encrusted pine-nuts.

Our third course was a sampling feast. We were to cook it ourselves in the “Court Bouillon Style” We were giving a new pot which was filled with vegetable flavored bouillon. We were also giving our raw foods, to cook ourselves. There was chicken, shrimp, ravioli, steak, and vegetables.

We also were given several different types of sauces, that went well with each of the meats and vegetables. My mother was particularly fond of the mushrooms, and there always seemed to be one floating around in the pot.
It was interesting to be able to cook your meal as you ate.

The last and BEST part of the meal!
Let me still tell you about dessert. We had the Flaming Turtle Chocolate Fondue. It was milk chocolate and nuts blended together. It came with sliced strawberries, rice-krispies, bananas, pound cake, brownies, and Oreo crusted marshmallows, and grahm-cracker crusted marshmallows. I could have had dessert alone and been happy. It was so much, and so good. By the end of the night we all had some sort of chocolate on us some-where. My two favorite combinations were the banana and chocolate and the grahm-cracker marshmallows and chocolate.

All in all it was an fun night. The price is quite high to eat there, so I would recommend The Melting Pot for special occasions only. I did notice something about eating there though. Whoever you are dining with, you will have to have to have the same tastes, as there is only one pot at each table. So you may want to keep that in mind when go there with someone.

Fondue Good For Kids Steak

The Melting Pot  Restaurant Reviews

The Melting Pot is located near the cities of Ruxton, Eudowood, Lutherville, Riderwood, and Timonium.
People found this by searching for: Melting Pot Menu Towson, Melting Pot Towson Menu, Mojo Style Fondue Recipe, Recipe For Melting Pot Court Bouillon, Melting Pot Towson Photos, Sugared Cashews For Salads Like Melting Pot, The Melting Pot Fondue Fusion, and Ingredients In Sweet & Tangy House Dressing From Melting Pot.