813-685-5257

108 Lithia Pinecrest Rd ( )

Brandon, FL 33511

Description: The Oaks Bar & Grill is a Seafood, Fish Fry, and American restaurant where most Menuism users came for a family meal, paid between $25 and $50, and tipped more than 18%.
Tags: Seafood, Valrico, Brandon, Fish Fry, Steelers, Lithia Pinecrest, Atmosphere, Good For Kids, Takeout, and Oaks
  • 2 dishes entered by diners at The Oaks Bar & Grill
  • 1 user wants to eat at The Oaks Bar & Grill
  • 1 user loves The Oaks Bar & Grill

Reviews for The Oaks Bar & Grill

Excellent!!!

The food was awesome!!! The wait staff was very polite, quick and the price was right!!! Their Steaks and Seafood are top quality and they have Italian and Mexican Dishes as well. The Jerk Spiced Wings are excellent and I eat there time after time and look forward to going back again!!!

Steak

Excellent Top Quality Steak. It was a 20 oz New York Strip!!! Everything else is excellent there as well!!!

Add/Show Comments (3)

3.0

Dissapointed

So my sister and I stopped in here for lunch today. I myself go here often as i work just a few minutes down the road and love their BLT sandwich and their white fish rueben. Today just must be kick back and relax at work day today. The young man who greated us at the door to seat us was in a tshirt and sweat pants. After about 5 minutes he was walking by after seating another couple asked how we were doing and if anyone had been to our table. Since no one had he took our drink order. When our waitress finally showed up to take our order we ordered the BLT sandwiches and loving clams we decided on their appetizer clam strips. One of the things i like is the sandwiches are huge you get a huge portion of fries for a great price $6 can’t beat that. We didnt see anyone again until our clam strips were ready. Now mind you they were only $7 but everyone knows you can’t overcook clam strips or they are ruined. Well not only were they over cooked they had no flavor and were hard as in cant put a fork in it hard. And we only saw our waitress one other time on a fly by. Seriously what happened to good ole fashion customer service. When we were done eating we waited a good 10 minutes before our waitress noticed we were done and decided wiping down a table was more important than servicing her customers. If they were busy and there were no other tables that would be one thing but they weren’t even half full. When she finally came over i mentioned the clam strips to her to which she replied they arent hard thats how they’re supposed to be, they’re always like that (all while picking up pieces and tossing them back onto the plate) my sister and i sat there staring at her as she walked away. Another well dressed employee (wearing pool shorts and a tshirt) was trying to set the TV by us i asked him if the manager was there he said yes… um ok can we see him or her… “What do you need?” I say are you the manager to which he replies “sort of” lol seriously either you are or you aren’t. Anyway i tell him about the conversation we had with our charming waitress about the clams he is half paying attention while still messing with the TV. But at least he does see the piece i show him and says he will have her take it off our bill. Again great sandwich but not very pleased with the service. And that is VERY important to me. I work hard for my money so does my sister. We get that sometimes something may not get cooked right or may not taste right in the restaraunt business pleasing the paying and tipping customer good service, checking on your customers often are very important. Sadly i dont think I’ll be going back as much.

The Oaks Bar & Grill - Best Fish Fry east of Tampa

Recently moved to the area from Arizona. I’m a northern, catholic boy so I like my Friday fish fry. We’ve tried several places around Brandon and Oaks by far serves up the best fish fry, period. If you’re a fan of the fish fry then you know how mushy fish can taste when its been frozen for a long time. Oaks brings in their haddock fresh, and when served, it’s obviously fresh. Great tasting batter, and delectably light. The fish itself is of great texture and flakiness. I’m a middle-aged 220lb male and their portions were more than enough to satisfy me, even foregoing appetizers and beer.

For the beer connoisseur, one of the best selections of craft beer on draft that I’ve seen anywhere in Brandon. And if you can get in there during happy hour, the best deals on some fine brewskies.

My wife and I have been looking for a local hangout where we can get great food in a great atmosphere (if you can get past all the Pittsburgh Steelers fanclub stuff – we’re Bills fans) and we’ve found it in The Oaks. And it’s always nice to see the owner making the rounds and getting to know the customers personally. Josh (the owner) was usually present, and engaged us in conversation for quite awhile after we told him we were new to the area. The staff was equally as generous.

It’s my experience that you can tell a lot about a restaurant by looking into their kitchen. The last time we dined here, we were seated at a table from where we had a direct view into the kitchen. The staff were always in conversation with each other and never appeared rushed, just enjoying themselves, keeping at it, and getting plates out to the customers in a timely manner. That was reassuring to see. I observed them for a while on a couple occasions and you could tell that they are a bunch that really enjoys their work and their camaraderie.

We look forward to trying something different during our next visit, their menu is pretty expansive, which can be both a good and a bad thing. I know the burgers are humongous but I’m not a big burger guy. Steaks looked VERY impressive, but (dare I say) I’m not a big steak guy – I’ll leave that review to my wife.

Fish Fry

If you’re a fan of the fish fry then you know how mushy fish can taste when its been frozen for a long time. Oaks brings in their haddock fresh, and when served, it’s obviously fresh. Great tasting batter, great texture and flakiness.

I’m a middle-aged 220lb man and their portions were more than enough to satisfy me, even foregoing appetizers and beer. Instead of getting one large fillet, they break it up into several individual portions. Took me some getting used to, but now I actually prefer this serving style. Each piece stays hotter, longer, and the batter is a real treat to the palate.

Served with a generous portion of battered-style french fries served with an Oaks unique homestyle seasoning, they are remarkable, and again, stay hotter, longer, than the usual fries. Cole slaw serving was a bit smaller than desired but it was delicious – especially if you’re into that sweet, southern style slaw.

The Oaks Bar & Grill

what a rip off restauraunt

November 04, 2009 – I had the ayce crab legs tonight. They were very good but they cut me off at 5 pounds. When I sat down I told the waitress to keep em coming I eat between 15 and 20 pounds of crab.Ok they came and at 5 lbs they said that was it. I was shocked. I asked for the manager. With no signs and the internet saying ayce I was ready to eat at least 15 lbs. You realize 15 lbs is only about 4 lbs of meat. manager said sorry it was 5 lbs and the owner says we have to stop but he gave me a couple extra read more ยป to make me happy. So I was ripped off at this restauraunt . I paid 25.00 and did not get anywhere full. left very hungry and had to go to taco bell for 5 tacos.now I am not a big man only 6ft 7 275 lb but very slimWhen you see ayce be aware of tiny home town businesses.Also I noticed the menu is very very expensive. In the price range of outback steakhouse 16.00 for coconut shrimp yikesI probably need to go to a big restraunt and not a little town
Recommend this review

Add/Show Comments (4)

The Oaks Bar & Grill is located near the cities of Valrico and Mango.
People found this by searching for: Crab Legs Brandon Fl, All U Caneat Fish Fry Brandon Fl, The Oaks Bar And Grill, The Oaks Brandon, All You Can Eat Crab Legs Brandon Fl, Oaks Bar And Grill, and The Oaks Bar And Grill Brandon Fl.

Olive Garden
Five Guys
Lee House Restaurant
Big City Grill
Philly Phlava

B76003432df7ab4ef4cb7cafa86223dd

Loves The Oaks Bar & Grill (1)

Buu2tgmimr4khmeje4edwa
paulnshelly

Valrico, FL
0 useful

Wants to Try The Oaks Bar & Grill (1)

Buu2tgmimr4khmeje4edwa
paulnshelly

Valrico, FL
0 useful

Link to The Oaks Bar & Grill

The Oaks Bar & Grill  Restaurant Reviews

Overall:  50%