318-336-5173

106 Carter St ( )

Vidalia, LA 71373

Description: The Sandbar is a Seafood and American restaurant where most Menuism users came for a family meal, paid less than $10, and tipped between 15% to 18%.
Tags: Fish, Seafood, Fried, Country, Hushpuppy, Crab, and American
  • 4 dishes entered by diners at The Sandbar

Reviews for The Sandbar

The Sandbar

seafood gumbo and fried green tomatoes topped with crawfish

absolutely the best seafood gumbo and the fried green tomatoes smothered in crawfish a-2-fay is to die for; only thing better is oysters on the half shell which they do not serve.

cup of seafoof gumbo

very thick with flour based rue, great

fried green tomatoes with crawfish topping

wonderful, would make the 3 hour drive from Lafayette just to get this dish.

The Sandbar

Sandbar is a sand trap!!

We went to Natchez, MS and decided to eat across the MS River. This is the second time we have done this. The first time was a few years ago. NEVER AGAIN! I had forgotten that everything on the menu was fried. The waitress gave us the lunch menu and I specifically pointed to the lunch item I wanted, as well as my husband. We were advised there was no slaw today. What fish restaurant serves fish without having slaw!! We were given our food. My husband said the stuffed crab was fine and my sandwich was ok. However, the hushpuppies, at best, were salt-free cornbread dough fried. – no onions, no spices. They were terrible!! When we went to pay, the cashier asked how it was. I very politely said it was a disappointment this time and they were out of slaw. She said “I heard that – I need to go see what is up with that!” This was at 1PM. Then when she rang up the order, they gave us dinner prices. They said we should have know because the crab for lunch is only 2 and for dinner it is 3. And just how did they think we should have known this when we ordered off of the lunch menu??? And they did nothing to corriect this. On top of that I had overhead someone else say something about the same thing happening earlier. The waitress was ok – nothing special, the food was ok – nothing special, but the management is terrible!! I will never eat there again and wouldn’t recommend it to anyone else!

fish sandwich

nothing special

stuffed crab

ok

September 9, 2006

Watch your head!

The Sandbar offers American and Seafood cuisine in pleasant, casual atmosphere. The portions are more than huge and the food tasty and well seasoned. Their frog legs are the best I've ever had! The Seafood Platter is large enough for two…

The Sandbar is located near the cities of Natchez.
People found this by searching for: The Sandbar Vidalia La Menu, The Sandbar Natchez Ms, Sandbar Restaurant Natchez , Ms, The Sandbar Restaurant Vidalia La, The Sandbar Vidalia, La, Sandbar Restaurant Vidalia La, Sandbar Natchez Ms, Sandbar Vidalia La Menu, and Sandbar Restaurant Vidalia La Menu.

Featured in Vidalia

Link to The Sandbar

The Sandbar  Restaurant Reviews

Overall:  75%
Pros
  •  " have been to this restustrant about 2 times a month as a traveling salesman an have always found it to be great."