843-571-1773

2366 Ashley River Rd ( )

Charleston, SC 29414

Neighborhoods: West Ashley

Description: The Sunflower Cafe is a Coffee, Sandwiches, and Subs restaurant where most Menuism users came for a business meeting, paid between $10 and $25, and tipped between 15% to 18%.
Tags: Coffee, Sandwiches, Subs, West Ashley, and Neighborhood Diner
  • 1 dish entered by diners at The Sunflower Cafe

Reviews for The Sunflower Cafe

3.0

Neighborhood diner - convenient, but average

The Sunflower is close to my neighborhood, and I really wanted it to be a great little place for lunch. And they try: my companion had a large salad with a filet of salmon atop. But the salmon was overcooked, and the dressing a bland vinaigrette. The filet mignon in my sandwich was unexpectedly nice, even cooked medium rare as I’d asked, but the “aioli” tasted an awful lot like bottled mayo, and it drowned the beef.

Keep it simple (grilled cheese, burger), and this is a perfectly okay lunch spot.

4.0

Sunday Brunch

This past Sunday, my husband and I went to the Sunflower Cafe in West Ashley for brunch. They we’re super packed. We waited forever for a table, but it was worth it. We have been there many times before and for some reason I had never ordered a lunch item until this visit. I got the shrimp and crab salad sandwich served on a croissant with a side of potato salad. The sandwich was awesome. Just the right amount of seasoning in the seafood mix and with that buttery croissant, yum. The potato salad was fair, could have used a bit more love, but fair. My husband got one of their benedicts. Always a good choice.
The restaurant itself is just friendly. It’s all covered with Sunflower nick-nacks. Everything is yellow, bright, and cheery. And the staff is also super nice.

Shrimp and Crab Salad Croissant

Yum!

The Sunflower Cafe is located near the cities of The Groves, Mount Pleasant, Mt Pleasant, Sullivans Island, and Sullivans Island.
People found this by searching for: Sunflower Cafe Menu Charleston Sc, Sunflower Grill Charleston Sc, Sunflower Cafe Charleston Sc, Sunflower Cafe West Ashley, Sunflower Grille, Sunflower Grill Charleston, Sunflower Cafe Charleston Sc Menu, and Sunflower Restaurant Charleston Sc.

Link to The Sunflower Cafe