Tin Lizzy

4.8 rating over 1 review
259 Main St
Youngstown, PA 15696

Tin Lizzy is a restaurant where most Menuism users came for a romantic date, paid more than $50, and tipped between 15% to 18%.

Overall
Pros
"Good food. Good drinks. Nice atmosphere. "
Cons
"Very extremely slow!!! 1 menu per table. Elementary student typed up menu. Staff seemed confused. Many food items were not available :("
Comments
"May be new ownership :("
shweezy photo

shweezy

Latrobe, PA
Tin Lizzy 3.0

Loved it/ Hated it

I entered this, what seems to be four story building through the front entrance on the street. I went down a short hallway and ended up in a quaint and sweet, SMALL restaurant. I was seated fairly quickly. The waitress, though very nice, seemed a bit careless. We looked at our menus which offered some very interesting meals, but not enough of them. We started with a Mexican quesidilla (there were four other kinds to choose from !). I ordered an extra sauce, which I’m not sure if the waitress or the kitchen forgot, but I never did get it. Our meals were delightful however! Once finished, we decided to investigate. We asked the waitress about the bars in the building, and she directed us either upstairs, or to the one directly off from the restaurant. We ventured upstairs first. It was a throwback to a 1940’s style joint. I was delighted! The service, however, left a lot to be desired, and I paid $8.00 for a Stoli martini. Now, I’m not cheap (I had just spent $85 for two in the restaurant) but $8.00 for Stoli’s? Wow! We headed downstairs after that and grabbed 2 seats at that bar. It was nice, laid-back, average-priced. The bartender was a bit dry, but it was an improvement from upstairs. We checked the place out. The decorating was eclectic, which I really liked. We were about to leave, when my companion decided to get cigarettes. We asked if they sold them, and the girl directed us to them. We get to the cigarette machine, and notice a door. We, then notice three people open up this door, and head downstairs, drinks in hand. So, curiosity killed us and we had to see what was up! We walked into a basement, booming with energy and music. It wasn’t what I would call packed, but the patrons there looked to be having a great time. I spied the pool table, and put my name up. Well, what else could we do but have another drink? So, up to the bar we went, and this spunky little barmaid made her way to us, rather quickly considering she had a full bar. We played some pool with who obviously were the “locals” and felt right at home. Unfortunately, we were running late and had to make it home to relieve the sitter, but I will definately go back (downstairs that is)! I just don’t get why the waitress hadn’t mentioned the lower bar in the first place?

Lamb Lollipops

Delicious!

Tin Lizzy  Restaurant Reviews

• 05/04/2013 - A diner tried it and liked it.
  • 05/10/2013 - A diner from Latrobe, PA tried it and liked it.
  • 06/15/2013 - A diner from Latrobe, PA tried it and liked it.
  • 07/25/2013 - A diner tried it.
  • 11/08/2013 - A diner from Pittsburgh, PA tried it.
  • 12/18/2013 - A diner from Pittsburgh, PA tried it and liked it.
  • 01/09/2014 - A diner from Pittsburgh, PA tried it, liked it, and rated it 4 stars. They liked the food, didn't like the service, and liked the ambiance.
  • 01/28/2014 - A diner from Washington, DC tried it and liked it.
  • 03/10/2014 - A diner from San Francisco, CA tried it.
  • 03/28/2014 - A diner from San Francisco, CA tried it, liked it, and rated it 5 stars. They liked the food, liked the service, and liked the ambiance.
  • 04/15/2014 - A diner from Franklin, MA tried it and liked it.
  • 04/21/2014 - A diner from San Francisco, CA tried it and liked it. They liked the food, liked the service, and liked the ambiance.
  • 05/17/2014 - A diner from New York, NY tried it.
  • 06/06/2014 - A diner from San Francisco, CA tried it.
  • 07/29/2014 - A diner from San Francisco, CA tried it, liked it, and rated it 5 stars. They liked the food, liked the service, and liked the ambiance.
  • 08/21/2014 - A diner tried it and liked it. They liked the food, liked the service, and liked the ambiance.
  • 12/06/2014 - A diner from San Francisco, CA tried it, didn't like it, and rated it 2 stars. They liked the food, didn't like the service, and didn't like the ambiance.
    Pros: 'Good food. Good drinks. Nice atmosphere. '
    Cons: 'Very extremely slow!!! 1 menu per table. Elementary student typed up menu. Staff seemed confused. Many food items were not available :('
    Comments: 'May be new ownership :('
Tin Lizzy is located near the cities of Hostetter, Whitney, Loyalhanna, Latrobe, and Mcchesneytown Loyalhanna.
People found this by searching for: Tin Lizzy Youngstown, Jaffrey's Restaurant Youngstown Pa, Tin Lizzy Youngstown Pa, The Tin Lizzy Youngstown Pa, Tin Lilzzy,Youngstown,Pa. Reviews, Jaffrey's Youngstown Pa, Tin Lizzy Latrobe, and Tin Lizzy Restaurant.