619-472-5801

2720 E Plaza Blvd ( )

National City, CA 91950-4002

Description: Tita's Kitchenette is a Filipino restaurant where most Menuism users came for a family meal and paid between $10 and $25.
Tags: Terrible Service, RUDE, Filipino, Good For Kids, Takeout, and Good for groups
  • 2 dishes entered by diners at Tita's Kitchenette
  • 1 user loves Tita's Kitchenette
Diner Log for Tita's Kitchenette:
  • 12/02/2014 - A diner from San Francisco, CA hasn't been here but wants to try it.
  • 12/09/2014 - A diner tried it and liked it.

Overall: 93%    Food: 100%    Service: 95%    Ambiance: 83%
Pros

• "Love to Karaoke, drink pitcher if beer and eat filipino food, great atmosphere and big HDTV screens to watch sports"
  • "Fresh food"
  • "Fast service and great food!!!"

Reviews for Tita's Kitchenette

Disappointment!

Disappointment! Been going to this Tita’s Kitchenette for years. The prices have gone up and the service has gone down. Wanted a Coke but it was out. New tables but they’re not cleaned. Wife got a purple desert, discovered something non-chewable. She brought it to staffs attention and was told was part of a root. Place is going downhill. Not sure we will be going back anytime soon.

Chicken Adobo Combo

Got chicken adobo combo with rice, very small meat portion. Ended up with more bone than meat. Used to get big heaping portions of meat, and never walk away hungry.

We're Done with Tita's

Let me start by saying that I’m Filipino and my wife is Hispanic and we both enjoy Filipino food. We’ve eaten at Tita’s several times in the past and just had to bear being treated like second class citizens. A few months back my wife went in by herself and was immediately given the “stare down” by the staff, none of which gave any form of greeting when she entered. They just stared as if she was about to rob the place. Just for the record, she didn’t. My wife went in again today and to her surprise, but not mine, the hospitality was even worse! Again, no form of greeting, no acknowledgment of her presence and of course the “stare down”. She was was treated with such rudeness and condescendence that she contemplated leaving. The person serving the precooked food just stood there, complete with blank stare and a slight touch of animosity towards my wife. In the employee’s defense, she may not have spoken English or she may have been physically or mentally challenged.

Then there was the girl at the register. Keep in mind, my wife at this point is trying to give her money! Money for “Soup Nazi” service! Not a word from her! No eye contact! Just that blank stare. At most restaurants, cashiers will at least tell you the amount you owe as a courtesy, even at the worst truck stop diners, trust me I know.

At this point I’m not sure if we should blame ourselves for giving this place a second chance or blame the substandard management and staff. I’m always amazed and perplexed that a restaurant that serves good food does not capitalize on it, especially in today’s economic climate. They act as if the world would end if they didn’t serve their food. I honestly think Tita’s is due for a slap in the face from reality…hopefully soon.

Barbecue Chicken

The meal was good, the substandard hospitality of Tita’s made me lose most of my appetite.

Add/Show Comments (2)

March 22, 2011

Best Phillipino BBQ Chicken EVER

I like BBQ - the taste and the smell - but Tita's Chicken BBQ is unlike anything I've ever tasted. Their marinade makes it ridiculously good! Served on a stick like a kabob - Once you've had it - you'll want more. You WILL be back. I'm…

November 17, 2008

huge!

I love this place!! Their portions are so huge that when I share it with a friend, we never finish it all. We drive down from SDSU just to eat here!

Tita's Kitchenette is located near the cities of Chula Vista and Lynwood Hills.
People found this by searching for: Titas In National City Ca, Titas Kitchen National City, Filipino Restaurant National City, Titas, Tita's Kitchenette Menu, Tita's Kitchenette, Titas Kitchen Menu, Filipino Food National City, and Filipino Restaurants In National City.

Featured in National City